Bonus Chapter #8- Fluff

Straight as a ruler

“Jongin. Stop it.”

“Stop what?”  

Kyungsoo rolls his eyes at Jongin’s terrible attempt at feigning innocence and goes back to icing the cake. A couple of days ago, Jongin had finally figured out Kyungsoo’s ticklish spots after the latter had bragged for so long that he wouldn’t be able to find them. Now that he had found them, Jongin wouldn’t stop tickling Kyungsoo which was very annoying when he was trying to get the icing correct.

Though he had warned him numerous times to stop, Jongin still didn’t listen to Kyungsoo and went to tickle him again. Kyungsoo jumps and messes up the icing, it’s a small and fixable mistake, but it still makes Kyungsoo gasp in horror.

“Jongin!” he whines, picking up some flour and flicking it in Jongin’s face.

“Hey! I have to meet my sisters in a bit” he whines in return, flicking some flour back before going to clean himself off. “They really want to meet you soon, my sisters” he adds, Kyungsoo nervously biting his lip.

“Isn’t it a bit too soon to be meeting family members?” he asks, fixing the mistake on the cake to avoid looking Jongin’s way.

“No. They’ve heard so much about you already” Jongin replies and the thought of Jongin gushing to his sisters about Kyungsoo a lot makes him feel giddy inside. “And I can finally introduce you to my niece, it’ll be so much fun!”

He’s not as excited as Jongin, but he does want to meet his sisters. Kyungsoo’s heard so much about them- his niece more so than anyone else- that it would be nice to put a face to them.

“Am I still allowed over tonight?” he asks, trying to change the subject.

“That depends on whether you’ll cook for me or not” Jongin jokes, laughing when Kyungsoo jabs him in the side. “You don’t need to ask Kyungsoo, you can come over whenever you want. I think the dogs will be more excited to see you than I would.”

Kyungsoo’s made a lot of progress with Jongin’s dogs. Obviously, there were bad days and Kyungsoo always felt guilty when he couldn’t stay at Jongin’s or Jongin had to lock his dogs away whilst Kyungsoo was over, but it was progress nonetheless. Just last week he was able to stay over at Jongin’s for the night with no incident and he was going to try it again tonight as well.

“You should go before you’re late” Kyungsoo says, pointing to the clock on the wall. Jongin walks up behind him and kisses him on the cheek, making him smile shyly.

“Are you sure you can’t come with me?” he asks.

“I can’t. Yixing’s not back from China until tonight, Baekhyun’s having quality time with Chanyeol and I don’t want to think about what that entails. Sehun’s exams are a couple of days away and he will literally murder me if I leave him alone and then burn down the café for good measure” Kyungsoo makes a point of explaining as Jongin sighs sadly and accepts his answer.

“Fine, if you can’t come with me, I’ll be expecting a feast when you come over tonight” he says and kisses Kyungsoo before he can shout protests in return. Jongin keeps kissing Kyungsoo until he’s laughing and playfully pushing him away.

“Will you leave already before Sehun wanders in and gets the wrong idea” he laughs, but Jongin only smiles cheekily and pulls Kyungsoo back to him.

“Let him stare” he replies and leans in for another kiss just as the door opens. Kyungsoo pulls away to find Sehun staring at the both of them before averting his gaze, coughing in embarrassment.

“I-I’ll… I’ll come back in a bit” he mutters and back out of the room to leave the two of them in peace.

Jongin starts to crack up the moment the door closes and though he’s absolutely mortified, Kyungsoo can’t help but laugh as well.

“Please leave already” he begs, pushing Jongin towards the door. “I have my reputation to keep!”

With one last kiss, Jongin finally listen to Kyungsoo and leaves to go meet his sisters. Finishing off the cake, Kyungsoo feels brave enough to venture back to the front of the café and see Sehun again. He makes a mental note to go food shopping after he closes for the day and to buy some treats for the dogs as well, otherwise they’d never forgive him!

 

 

Sehun’s brain was killing him. When it was screaming at him that it could no longer take any more information in, he was trying to revise the rest of the content that would be in the exam. Jongdae had tried to get him to stop; that he knew everything he could know and that he was more than ready to tackle the exam, but Sehun couldn’t stop. This was the most important moment of his life so far, and to go and screw it up would just ruin him forever.

“Okay, that’s enough!” Jongdae exclaims, snatching the book out of Sehun’s hands and stealing the rest to put them to the side.

“Jongdae! I need to revise!”  he whines, getting up to follow his books before there’s a hand on his chest, and Jongdae’s pushing him back down onto the sofa.

“No, you don’t. You need to sit down and relax, take your mind off of the exam for one evening.”

“The exam is in three days if I don’t keep revising I’ll-”

“Nothing will happen” Jongdae interrupts. “If you keep doing this, what will happen is that you’ll burn yourself out and you won’t be able to even get to school to take the exam. Tonight, you’re just going to relax and let me order takeaway whilst we watch extremely cheesy films. How about that?”

Sehun still doesn’t look sure. If Jongdae wants to avoid a situation so that Sehun doesn’t cry and panic from exhaustion like Joonmyun did from his exams, he was going to have to think of something quickly.

“How about this; no more revision for tonight… and I’ll let you stay over” he suggests and Sehun perks up at the offer. For the past week or so he had constantly been asking Jongdae if he could stay over for the night. Every time he asked, Jongdae would say no, and would send a dejected Sehun home before it go too late and his parents wondered where he was.

It wasn’t that Jongdae didn’t want Sehun to stay over, it was just that he was still trying to get use to this- dating someone significantly younger than him. He still freaked out a little whenever they would just be sat down chilling and Sehun would want to cuddle up with him.

“Really? You’ll let me stay over?” Sehun asks hopefully, and Jongdae can’t change his mind now.

“As long as you don’t try anything funny mister! Otherwise I’m making you sleep on the sofa” he jokes as Sehun starts laughing and jumping around.

“Finally!” he exclaims, “And don’t worry, I won’t try anything stupid. I just need to run home and grab some stuff!”

As Sehun makes for the door, Jongdae remembers a crucial flaw in their plan, grabbing Sehun’s arm before he can leave. “Wait! What about your parents?”

“I’ll tell them I’m staying over a friend’s house and get one of my friends to cover for me. It’ll be fine Jongdae, you need to stop worrying” Sehun reassures him, smiling when Jongdae lets go of his arm and relaxes a little. Hesitantly, Sehun leans in and quickly kisses Jongdae on the lips before darting out the door.

Jongdae watches him leave with a smile on his face that grows wider by the second. They still have a long way to go- Sehun’s not nineteen until April- and they have to be secretive for just a little bit longer, but they weren’t fussed. As long as Sehun was happy, Jongdae was happy.


Honestly I couldn't think of a title for this chapter so I decided to just go with fluff, because that is essentially what this chapter is full of. 

Until the next chapter!!