The First Date

Straight as a ruler

“Joonmyun come on! You’re taking forever!”

“I’m almost ready, gimme five more minutes!”

Yixing’s sat in Joonmyun’s living room, bundled up and ready to go. For the first time since they became a thing, they were going out on their first proper date as a couple. Yixing was a mix of nerves and excitement and was practically bouncing where he sat. He wanted nothing more than to just leave already before his nerves got the better of him. There was just one problem.

“You said that ten minutes ago and I’m still waiting!” he whines

“Well unlike most people I didn’t get a day off of work today! I’m almost ready!” Joonmyun shoots back from his room. Yixing waits with a smirk on his face, trying to stop himself from laughing at how easy it was to wind Joonmyun up.

When Joonmyun eventually comes out of his bedroom, Yixing can’t help but laugh at how bundled up he was in comparison. It made him look so adorable. Finishing off his look with his now returned gloves, he pulled Yixing off the sofa and pushed him out of the apartment, just as excited to get the date started himself.

Deciding on what to do for this ‘special’ occasion, both of them had decided not to go to a restaurant for a fancy meal. They had practically done that to death prior to them dating anyway. Trying to think of somewhere to go, Yixing had remembered something that Sehun had told him about an old-school arcade that had just opened up. When Yixing brought it up as an option, Joonmyun jumped on the idea, more excited than Yixing was.

“Oh man, this is gonna be such a nostalgia trip!” Joonmyun says happily, practically bouncing the street. Yixing watches him, smiling fondly before jumping when he hears Joonmyun gasp and feel him grab his arm. “Do you think they’ll have Donkey Kong in there?”

His eagerness is enough to make Yixing burst out laughing. Joonmyun doesn’t seem to mind, even laughing along with him.

“What’s really sad is that whilst we think that all of this is nostalgic, Sehun though it was too old for him. Really reminding me of how old I really am” Yixing says, sighing sadly.

“Ah who cares what he thinks? We had all the cool stuff growing up whilst he has technology that consumes his everyday life that the soul out of today’s youth.”

“Making a really good case for yourself Mr. Samsung” Yixing teases, making Joonmyun playfully rolls his eyes and gently push him.

A couple of weeks before, this would have been unimaginable to Yixing. He was still finding it hard to believe that he was currently on a proper date with Joonmyun. He still found it hard to believe that they had kissed and that Joonmyun had actually confessed to liking him! If all that trouble meant that he would get to see Joonmyun’s smile more, or laugh with him over the silliest of things, he would happily do it all again.

Yixing’s snapped out of his thoughts when Joonmyun grabs his sleeve and drags him down the road. When they get closer to the arcade, Joonmyun begins running and Yixing happily runs after him.

 

 

The arcade does indeed have Donkey Kong. Joonmyun challenges Yixing to see who can the highest score on a selected level. Joonmyun of course kicks Yixing’s . It’s okay though, because Yixing kicks Joonmyun’s when he challenges him to a round on the DDR machine, then proceeding to kick his again on the basketball game. Joonmyun’s an adult, he can be completely grown up about this.

“Ha! In your face loser!” he shouts, making an L shape towards Yixing and sticking his tongue out.

“And you’re how old?” Yixing asks, the game of air hockey finishing with Joonmyun winning 7-5. Who knew Joonmyun could be so competitive? Yixing should have been annoyed that he was acting like this, but it was so endearing, and Yixing knew he could never be that mad Joonmyun anyway.

“Alright then, how about; one more game and whoever loses has the buy the winner whatever they want for dinner” he offers and Joonmyun accepts his challenge.

“You’re on! I know just the game we can play as well” he replies, but Yixing stops him, shaking his head.

“If we’re doing this, we’re doing it from a game I pick” he says and drags Joonmyun over to play Street Fighter II. Joonmyun smirks, he’s played this plenty of times with his friends growing up, he was an expert in it. There was no way he was going to lose.

“What the ?”

Chun Li finishes Ryu with one more Spinning Bird Kick, and Joonmyun has lost to Yixing for the second in a row.

“No more rematches. I’ve won fair and square!” Yixing says, pointing an accusatory finger towards Joonmyun who accepts his fate and steps away from the game.

Going into the first match, Joonmyun thought he was a shoo-in to win. Yixing had a few tricks up his sleeve, and though Joonmyun laughed when he selected Chun Li, he made sure she kicked Ken’s . He was even happier when Joonmyun demanded a rematch and he made Chun Li kicked Ryu’s just to prove a point.

“Alright, alright. Just don’t make dinner too expensive” Joonmyun jokes, but he knew he was more than happy to pay if Yixing did decide to go for a more expensive place to eat.

“Good. I know the perfect place to eat!” Yixing says, smiling widely as he links arms with Joonmyun and pulls him towards the exit.

 

 

“Mm! This is delicious!”

“I know! Kyungsoo recommended the stall to me. He and Jongin always go here!”

Yixing and Joonmyun thank the owner of the food stall and continue down the street, both eagerly dipping into the street food they had just bought. With the holidays just over a month away, the city was decked out with festive lights on every corner Yixing looked at, all the major shops selling holiday specific food and drink. Turning his attention back to his and Joonmyun’s linked arms, Yixing hesitates. Joonmyun was still new to the whole dating a guy thing. The only people he had told so far were his brother and Jongdae. He hadn’t even told his parents yet. What if Yixing tried to hold his hand in public and Joonmyun freaked out? Would he get angry?

Yixing shakes his head, telling himself to stop being so ridiculous. Slowly, he slides his hand down Joonmyun’s arm until he’s holding his hand. Joonmyun looks down and smiles, moving his hand so that their fingers were interlocked. Yixing looks away and blushes, melting when Joonmyun moves their hands into his coat pocket to keep Yixing’s hand warm.

“I’m getting you a pair of gloves for Christmas” Joonmyun states, “You’ll catch frostbite before winter is over.”

“How romantic” Yixing replies, picking up some of the food and feeding it to Joonmyun who hums in appreciation. Thinking that this time tomorrow night he would be back in China for the friend’s wedding, Yixing sighs unhappily. “It that this is the first proper date we’re on, and then I have to leave you tomorrow.”

“I’ll still be here when you get back. Stop being so overdramatic” Joonmyun teases, nudging Yixing to feed him some more.

“I wish I could bring you. I really want to properly introduce you to my parents” Yixing says, wondering too late if he was rushing into all of these thoughts too early in this relationship.

“Maybe next time” Joonmyun replies, “We could go to visit or they could come here to visit again” he adds and Yixing nods his head, both of those options sound nice. Why didn’t they do both?

“I haven’t even packed yet” he suddenly remembers, whining at the thought of having to go home and pack after such a perfect evening out. Hearing this, Joonmyun stops in his tracks, turning to Yixing with wide eyes.

“You still haven’t packed? Yixing, you have to be at the airport tomorrow morning!” he exclaims

“I know, I know. I can pack before I leave though. I just want to spend some time with you.”

With a shake of his head, Joonmyun turns around and starts pulling Yixing down the road in a direction that Yixing knows is towards his place.

“Come on, I’ll help you pack” he offers

“You can also stay the night if you want” Yixing tries, “I’ll lend you some of my pyjamas to wear.”

“If you help me help you pack with no distractions, I know what you’re like, then I’ll stay the night” Joonmyun concedes, laughing at Yixing’s little victory dance before dragging him down the street at a faster speed. If Joonmyun was going to help him pack and stay over for the night, there wasn’t a moment to lose!


I mean, this chapter doesn't really add much to the plot besides the fact that Yixing's going to China, but I think that after everything I put them both through they deserve this. Plus I just really wanted to make a cute fluffy chapter. I am not sorry. 

Also, Chun Li is the most bad  female fight character in any fight game series out there. I will fight anybody who says otherwise! 

Next chapter we have Yixing in China (where I might throw in some more special appearances... who know?) and then I'm thinking just one more bonus chapter, just to give Kaisoo and Chenhun some proper closure and even more fluff and cheese before the notorious character is introduced... 

Until then!!