Bonus Chapter #3- Man's Best Friend

Straight as a ruler

Though he hated to admit that Yixing was right, Yixing definitely was right. Kyungsoo had no reason to worry about his and Jongin’s lunch ‘date’ as Yixing had christened it that wasn’t actually a date. It was just the two of them meeting up whilst Yixing was left with the new guy and Kyungsoo was supposed to go enjoy himself.

Except Kyungsoo didn’t enjoy himself. At the beginning, at least. Their first meeting actually went off without a hitch and Kyungsoo was actually surprised by just how much he was beginning to enjoy himself. Who knew walking around and eating street food could be enjoyable? There may have also been a bit about a certain guy kissing him goodnight, but Kyungsoo definitely wasn’t one to kiss and tell.

By their second ‘date’, Kyungsoo was much more prepared and felt a whole lot better about the thing. A completely different image to how he was previously. Sure, he may have stuttered slightly when Jongin shot him his always dazzling smile when they met, and Kyungsoo may have tripped slightly when tried to walk into the restaurant as Jongin held the door open for him. It was worth it in the end, however, when Jongin’s arm slid around his waist to stop him from completely falling flat on his face.

“How did you manage to get us a seat in a place as busy as this?” Kyungsoo asks, marvelling at the line of people waiting by the entrance for an empty table to show up

“I know a few people” Jongin replies, “That or I once treated the owner’s dog when I was newly qualified, and he said if I ever wanted to come here I was more than welcome to. Which one do you want to believe more?”

“For your pride, I’ll choose the first option” Kyungsoo decides and Jongin’s laughter is even brighter than his smile. Kyungsoo can feel his heart race and he prays to any God out there that Jongin can’t see the effect he’s having on him.

Their time at the restaurant goes by pretty well. It’s a chance to sit down and properly get to know Jongin instead of being dragged around to trying out different kinds of street food. Jongin- Kyungsoo discovers- is actually the youngest of three after two sisters significantly older than him. Having studied ballet and other dance forms from childhood, he had originally wanted to become a professional dancer, but persistent back injuries and one ankle injury put an end to that dream. Though a huge knock on him, it wasn’t the end of the world.

“I had a love for dance and animals. It was either professional dancer or working with animals. When the dancer dream crumbled around me, I decided to become a vet. I’m not regretting it so far” Jongin example, taking a sip of his drink and setting his glass back down, “Enough about me though, tell me more about yourself”

“I don’t think my life story is nearly half as interesting as yours” Kyungsoo says

“Nonsense. There’s always something interesting about someone. If you don’t tell me anything I won’t let you eat when food arrives” Jongin mocks and with a roll of his eyes, Kyungsoo tells him what he wants to know; he has an older brother and basically grew up in a very loving household. His parents however slightly favoured his brother, especially because he was the one who went to medical school and came a doctor. It didn’t bother Kyungsoo too much though; his brother had his parents support and he his grandparents support (it was his grandmother after all who had introduced him to baking in the first place).

Kyungsoo didn’t know what it was about Jongin, but he instantly felt so at ease that he just rambled on about his life story until he realised he was doing it, shutting his mouth with an embarrassed laugh. Maybe it was Jongin’s smile or how he leaned in to fully listen to what Kyungsoo had to say about himself, or maybe it was the fact that Kyungsoo realised pretty early on into their meal that he actually likes Jongin and just wants Jongin to get to know him as much as he does the latter.

 

 

I still think you should have let me pay at least half”

Jongin and Kyungsoo leave the restaurant and make their way down the street for an evening walk. Kyungsoo walks alongside Jongin with a slight pout, owing to the fact that Jongin had paid for everything and refused to allow Kyungsoo to pay for anything.

“I’d be a bad date if I let you pay for anything” Jongin replies with a shrug

“Well next time I’m paying” Kyungsoo mutters as Jongin smiles next to him; not only did Kyungsoo state that there was definitely going to be a next time, he could also see him blush at the mention of Jongin calling him his date. Jongin concluded that Kyungsoo was just too adorable for his own good.

Their walk doesn’t really have a direction or a specific place they want to go to, they merely just follow the road down every corner and turn, wondering where they’d next end up. At one point, Kyungsoo thinks his heart is going to burst when Jongin holds his hand and they carry on walking like so. It is the epitome of every date he’s ever watched in cheesy romance movie marathons with Yixing, but he’s loving every minute of it.

Feeling something drop onto his forehead stops Kyungsoo in his tracks. Jongin’s about to ask what’s wrong but feels something drop onto his forehead as well. Light drizzle into rain, rain which gradually gets heavier and heavier until the heavens are pouring on both of them and Jongin grabs Kyungsoo’s hand as both of them run to find shelter they can stand under until the heaviest of the rain passes over.

“I’m soaked!” Jongin exclaims, looking over to see how wet Kyungsoo is, “Where’s you place?” he asks

“On the other side of the city. My car is in the garage being fixed for something so I had to take the bus!”

“We’ll go to mine then” Jongin decides “It’s much closer” and with that, both of them are running through the streets of Seoul as the rain pours down on both of them. For men of their age it looks completely childish, but Kyungsoo’s laughter is non-stop from the moment they start running until he’s stood in Jongin’s doorway.

Then he hears some barking and the smile on his face immediately falters as two small dogs comes bounding over to Jongin and another one stands by the entrance of the living room, wagging its tail excitedly.

“Don’t stand there, come in!” Jongin exclaims as he bends down to pet his dogs. Kyungsoo however remains stood in the doorway and is pretty sure that he was pressing himself further and further into it until he’s sure he’s about to become one with it. “What’s wrong? They don’t bite if that’s what you’re afraid of”

“N-no it’s not that it’s just… well, I’m kind of allergic to dogs”

One of the dogs tries to run over to Kyungsoo, but Jongin catches it instantly and stands there completely lost as to what to do next. “How bad are your allergies?” he asks.

“It’s nothing serious. Just a runny nose and sneezing, but it’s been a while since I’ve been near a dog so…” Kyungsoo replies and this gets Jongin into action, instantly scooping up all three of his dogs and putting them in another room away from Kyungsoo, who whines and slumps against the door.

 

 

“It was then I just wanted the ground to swallow me up”

Kyungsoo has his face buried in his hands as Yixing sits across from him in the café, Sehun stood at the counter, but listening in no less. Kyungsoo had come in quieter than usual and when Yixing had asked him how his date with Jongin went, he went into what could only be described as meltdown mode. It took Yixing some time to properly calm him down before he was actually able to tell him what had happened.

“What happened after that?” he asks

“He spent a further ten minutes trying to find some dry clothes he was sure the dogs hadn’t been near, then we had to run to the bus stop and catch the bus to my place. We’re completely soaked by the time we get in, and spend most of the time in silence until the rain dies down and he leaves. Sure, he may have kissed me, but the mood had been killed, destroyed!” Kyungsoo explains before whining into his hands, “It’s all downhill from here! He’ll never want to see me again!”

“Okay, now I think you’re being a bit too overdramatic” Yixing says

“No, I’m not! He’s had those dogs longer than he’s shown an interest in me! Who do think he’s going to choose?” Kyungsoo asks, overdramatically slumping forward and burying his head in his arms.

“You know, instead of crying to Yixing, you could research if it’s possible to be with dogs even if you’re allergic to them, and then go see Jongin instead of beating yourself up like this” Sehun suggests, looking up to find Yixing and Kyungsoo gaping at him. “What? It was just a suggestion”.


IT'S DECEMBER EVERYBODY!!! 

Know what's just as good as that? We literally have one chapter left of the rewrites until we get into some new content!!! I have a couple of chapters written already and I'm really enjoying them so far, so I'm very excited to get them out to you. 

Also, updates for the next two weeks might be slower than usual. I have deadlines coming up, and if a girl wants to pass university, she's gotta get them done. Never fear though, I will still update when I can! 

Until the next chapter!!