Now hiring

Straight as a ruler

Joonmyun enters the café to find Yixing holding a baking tray in front of him whilst Kyungsoo threw plastic forks at him, shouting at him.

“How could you do this to me Yixing? I thought you were my friend!” Kyungsoo shouts at him, chucking the forks even harder than he had done previously

“You weren’t gonna do anything! I had to do this for you out of my own caring heart!” Yixing yells back, neither of them having yet noticed Joonmyun stood by the entrance.

“Should I come back later?” he asks, making them both stop and finally turn to him. Yixing uses this momentary distraction to drop the tray and run behind Joonmyun.

“Joonmyun help me!” he wails “Kyungsoo’s trying to kill me!”

Kyungsoo doesn’t know Joonmyun well enough to chuck the forks at him. With a glare and a promise to Yixing that it wasn’t over, he walks away and begins to pick the other forks up from the floor.

“What’s going on?” Joonmyun asks when Yixing emerges from behind him

“Yixing poked his nose in where he shouldn’t have, that’s what’s going on” Kyungsoo replies grumpily

“Well he wasn’t gonna set anything up with Jongin so I used his phone to help him out! He should be grateful he now has a date!” Yixing adds as Kyungsoo chucks one last fork at him.

“Jongin? As in the vet?” Joonmyun asks as Kyungsoo’s head whips up

“You know him as well?” he asks

“Well yeah, I had to go with Jongdae so he could take his cat to go see him” Joonmyun replies, confused when he can hear Kyungsoo mutter something under his breath. When it finally quietens down and more customers wonder in, Joonmyun places his order in sits by the front with a sigh. Taking note of the time, Yixing frowns and asks Joonmyun what he’s doing out of work so early, and Joonmyun begins his long explanation of what had happened earlier in the day.

 

 

“They fired you?” Yixing asks 

“No, no, I thought that as well” Joonmyun replies, taking a big bite out of his third slice of cake since arriving, “They said that until I stopped overworking myself and come back in a healthier state, I won’t be allowed back to work” he adds, leaning bac in surprise when he finds Yixing carefully studying him. They stay in this position momentarily, and yet whilst Joonmyun was left completely flustered, his eyes darting all over the place, Yixing was the complete opposite and looked completely unaffected.

“You do have really dark circles under your eyes. Have you been sleeping properly?” he asks, his hand coming to rest on Joonmyun’s forehead. “I think your colleagues are right; you need to go home and rest, otherwise I think you’re going to catch a cold”

Shortly after this, the door opens and Jongdae slowly trudges into the café, shooting Joonmyun a weak greeting before slumping next to him.

“Not you too” Yixing whines “Why is everybody in such a mood today? Why can’t you be like Kyungsoo and rejoice?”

“Do you see me rejoicing?” Kyungsoo asks from behind him, “We’re meeting up on one of the cafés busiest days. How are you supposed to cope by yourself?”

“I keep pointing out that we should hire someone to work part time. This would be the perfect opportunity”

Not really paying attention to the conversation, at the mention of a part time job, Jongdae stops stealing pieces off of Joonmyun’s cake slice and perks up at the mention of it, hesitantly bringing himself in. “I know someone who would be willing to work part time”

Yixing nods and turns to Kyungsoo, “See, we could interview them and have them trained just before your date. We can totally afford to take one more person on board!”Kyungsoo glares at him for a moment, eyes darting between him and Jongdae. “What’s their name?”

Joonmyun finishes his cake and orders another slice for himself and Jongdae to share, still trying to figure out what he was going to do with all this time off now.


Decided to do another update today after the one yesterday because these two chapters are really short! Like yikes, I didn't know they were gonna be this quick! 

Don't worry though, the next couple of chapters are longer and there's more Sulay. Plus, we're getting closer to the newer chapters which means that we're getting to the end of the rewrites!! 

Until then!