Chapter 1

What a Beautiful Mess This Is
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo groans when he glances at his bedside table and sees the clock, offensive red light blinking 8:09.  , not again.  He hops out of bed and runs directly to the bathroom, stripping along the way and chooses to leave his clothes strewn across the wood floor. Running late for the third time in a row is more of a concern than his mess of an apartment, because his boss had vowed to cut his balls off if he did. It’s Mr. Lee’s easy-going, refined manner at work that lends a significant amount of weight to threats like this and Kyungsoo rather wanted to keep his manhood intact.

 

He washes in record time, although he thinks there are still suds fizzling behind his ears. When he has time he’ll rinse that part at the office but right now, he hurriedly changes into his worksuit, grabs his bag, swinging it onto his shoulder as he puts on his socks and shoes and runs runs runs.

 

----------------

 

Kyungsoo manages to arrive at the office and clocks in with a few minutes to spare, which he spends slumped down at his desk trying to catch his breath.

 

“Glad you made it, but Jesus, Kyungsoo did you even brush your hair? You look like and the meeting’s about to start.” A black comb is under his nose and he obliges, running it through his hair a few times and looks up, face silently asking.

 

“Gazillion times better.”

 

“Thanks Baek.” He hands the comb back and stands up, grabbing a few files on his desk before the duo head to the conference room.

 

“Here.” Baekyun is holding out a brown paper bag which Kyungsoo takes, humming gratefully because he already knows what’s inside.

 

“You are a real life saver,” he says, taking the bagel out of the bag and biting into it, his eyes growing larger when he tastes “Cream cheese! Baek, you know I love you right?” he manages to say through a mouthful of bread and Baekyun cringes taking a step away.

 

“Gross dude! Stop spitting at me, I just reapplied,” he grumbles, motioning to his face. Kyungsoo promptly closes his mouth, not really offended because he knows how overly dramatic Baekyun gets when his eyeliner is involved. 

 

The meeting lasts way into the afternoon, dissecting a new account the company is set to acquire and by the time it ends, everyone knows it’ll be a couple of months of skipped breakfasts, all-nighters and considerable stress to look forward to until they land it.

 

When Kyungsoo gets home that night, the first thing he notes when he enters his apartment is the smell. It’s not just from one identifiable source but a collection of odors emanating from the dirty dishes piled in the sink to the trash bin filled with an assortment of takeout boxes to the lumps of used clothes scattered throughout the apartment. Cleaning is the obvious solution but is not even a viable choice right now because he’s beyond exhausted, the beginnings of a migraine pulsing in his head, and he expects it to worsen in the coming months.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter