unfortunate

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

The girl didn’t know what he meant by that, but she could tell from his tone it wouldn’t end well.  


 

“Or, we can both go home and call it a night,” she said. Jackson squeezed her hand. 

 

“No, I still have to teach you how to play basketball. I bet you didn’t have any fun standing on the sidelines, right?” He said as he looked down at her. They were approaching the end of the neighborhood and were about to reach the bus stop. The girl had to agree that not being able to play during the game wasn’t fun. Not knowing what to say, she looked towards the ground.  


 

            “There’s a park nearby, we can walk there,” Jackson said. It was sundown in Mid-October, aka cold. In just a skirt and thin button up shirt covered by a little jacket, Yejin was freezing. Jackson had taken off his jacket during the game and never put it back on, yet he was acting perfectly fine. Did he not feel the frigid wind?  
 

 

             "It's cold though," Yejin said softly as they went down the sidewalk. Jackson glanced at her then looked at the ground in front of him as he kept walking. He rubbed his thumb across the back of her hand before coming up with an idea.  

 

             "Let's go to my house. We can play there," He said as he unconsciously sped his pace, hurrying to the next bus stop that was growing closer with each step they took. Yejin didn't know about going to his house, that seemed a bit much. Even if he was a normal friend, she would feel uncomfortable. But he's Wang Jackson and she couldn't decide if she hated him or not. Wild scenarios flew into her head that scared her and she knew she did not want to go with him. She tugged his hand to make him stop. He looked at her with a mix of worry and confusion as she took a breath to gain the courage to speak her thoughts. 

 
 

            "I still don't really trust you. I'll hang out with you for a little while longer I guess, but I'm not going to your house," she said, pausing to look him in the eye. "Okay?" she asked. The girl felt nerves shiver though her body from the adrenaline, further set ablaze from the gust of wind that blew through the air. She couldn't help the shiver that racked her body while Jackson stared at her.  

 
 

            "Uh, yeah, it was a dumb idea. Sorry," he said as he hiked her backpack up on his shoulder before rubbing the back of his neck. The girl looked at him and nodded while pushing air through her nose. She took a second to think of a plan while they stood still on the sidewalk, hands still intertwined.  

 

           "When we passed my house, my dad's car wasn't there. So I can sneak inside real quick and change. Then we can go play in the park, okay?" she said as she looked at him, waiting for a confirmation.  

  
 

            "You're going to leave me out in the cold? And you'll lose the dare if you let go before the night is over," Jackson said. The girl looked down at their hands and pushed her lips to the side while she thought. She shrugged her shoulders and looked back up at the boy. 

 
 

            "You can give me a new dare some other time. Unless you want to just drop me off and call it a night?" she asked as another shiver came over her. 


 

            "Remember what you just said," Jackson replied as he tu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter