me

Game Changer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Yejin awoke, she was laying in a hospital bed with her father on her right and her mother on the left. She felt like she was daydreaming but when the woman looked up and saw the girl was awake, she let out a cry and clutched her chest. Yejin felt her eyes water at the sight of the parent she hadn’t seen in two months.

 

“Sweetheart, I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean for this to happen to you. Oh my poor baby,” the lady said as she walked over towards her daughter and brushed the messy strand of jet black hair out of her face.

 

“What time is it?” Yejin asked. She was regaining her senses and loads of thoughts piled in her mind.

 

“Half past noon. You slept through the night,” the woman said in a broken voice with a mild frown.

 

“They said your heart is stressed. You have something called tachycardia and you’ve been overdoing it. Your boyfriend told me you joined a sports team at school, but you have to focus on staying healthy Yejin,” the man said as he turned to face her, restating the information that was giving to him.

 

“Boyfriend?” her mother asked.

 

“I don’t have a boyfriend,” Yejin said but this fell upon deaf ears as her parents ignored her statement.

 

“He bought her a new phone too,” the dad said as he motioned with his eyes to the device on the bedside table.

 

“He has money? Is he tall?” the mother asked.

 

“Taller than me,” the man answered.

 

“Any real man would be taller than you,” the lady said. Yejin sighed as her parents started to bicker back and forth. She reached for her phone on the side table and unlocked it to see the screen full of texts. Mainly from Jackson. She skimmed through them and felt better when she learned her team had won. The rest were messages

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter