strawberry and bubble gum [1/1]

strawberry and bubble gum
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
note: i don't think i can get enough of kai/fem!sehun. if you do find some het!sekai pls link me? also do not hesitate to contact me through any of my sns linked down there. i'd love to talk to sekai shippers since they're a bit rare around me ;;

Love at first sight is a concept difficult to wrap your head around. Jongin has never understood and Jongin certainly doesn't understand now, not even when it strikes him too. He has laughed when Chanyeol told him he fell in love with Baekhee the second he has seen her, and he is laughing now, when he sees a girl, pretty like a doll, walk past him. He can't believe he's thinking wow, this is love at first sight.

 

She gives him an odd look and Jongin's laughter dies.

 

Way to make a good impression, he thinks, embarrassed, as he turns away, turning back towards his best friend who gives him an odd look too.

 

"So what was so funny about me asking to hang out later today?" Chanyeol asks, a frown on his face. Jongin just shrugs, thankful that his friend is about as attentive as a goldfish. Chanyeol hasn't even noticed that Jongin was staring at the beautiful stranger, laughing because he felt stupid for thinking about love at first sight.

 

"Let's go to class before the bell rings or else Mr. Jung will kill us."

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin is certainly shocked to see the pretty stranger sitting on his regular seat. This is fate is what his stupid brain comes up with and he so, so wants to hit himself for that. Apparently he must have slapped his own face because the girl gives him another odd look, wariness apparent in those hazel eyes. He must look like a weirdo to her.

 

He clears his throat. "That's my seat," he says, a bit upset that his voice is suddenly so quiet and higher in pitch than usual. He must not only look weird to her, but he must sound funny, too. The girl doesn't laugh though. Maybe it is not funny. She only shrugs her shoulders and points to another seat, a free seat in the back row.

 

"There's no name plate on these seats. First come first serve. You may sit there though. That is if you are fast enough."

 

He looks at Chanyeol for help, but his friend shakes his head. Jongin sighs and stalks over to his new seat. Hopefully he can change his seat with someone else later. He doesn't like the back row.

 

 

 

 

 

The girl is a transfer student. Growing up in the States where school uniforms were not the norm, she has dyed her hair bubble gum pink. They fall in soft locks down her shoulders and back, framing a pretty face with even pinker lips and the cutest nose he has ever seen. She is supposed to dye her hair back to black, following school rules, but since she has only moved back to Korea three days ago, the teacher gives her a week to adjust. Sehee nods, but she doesn't seem to care much. Jongin isn't even sure if she understands much Korean. After all, she grew up in the States, right?

 

 

 

 

 

Her name is Oh Sehee. Jongin learns soon that Sehee speaks Korean without any accent. Her English is flawless, too, so she doesn't even have to attend English classes. All she needs to do is take all exams with everyone, exams that she aces while the rest of the class struggles.

 

And with Sehee understanding the teacher perfectly fine, Jongin is not quite sure why he sees her with pink hair still when he is working at the local café. It is Sunday night, no hairdresser is still opened around this time, and unless Sehee is dying her hair back to black at home by herself she will get into a lot of trouble.

 

"Your hair is still pink," he mumbles when she stands in front of him, ready to place her order.

 

"I like pink, so what?" Sehee replies, her order following right. "A strawberry flavored milk tea with extra tapioca please. Make it extra sweet, too."

 

"Extra sweet for an extra sweet girl," Jongin says automatically, flushing pink right after. He hasn't meant to say out loud what he thinks, but around this girl his mouth doesn't want to shut. It wants to talk to her.

 

"Thanks, sweetheart," Sehee replies and Jongin swears he has seen her wink at him. He feels weak in the knees, yet somehow manages to prepare her drink, stealing glances of her in between. She doesn't pay attention to him though, instead her hand is typing away on her phone.

 

 

 

 

 

It comes to him as a shock when the next day he sees Sehee with long black hair. They aren't curled, but straight instead and in her school uniform she looks like a role model student, the glasses she wears adding on to that feeling. Sehee looks foreign to him now, pretty still, but somehow it doesn't seem authentic. Something about her newfound style is odd.

 

"Good morning, sweetheart," she greets him with a grin, winking at him with full intent. It makes Jongin flush and hide his face, legs bringing him farther away from her because he is embarrassed.

 

Sehee hasn't forgotten. She remembers him. She knows he is the guy who has been flirting with her rather clumsily.

 

 

 

 

 

"You totally have the hots for her," Baekhee remarks. Jongin only blinks in confusion, attention returning to his best friend's girlfriend who has somehow become a good friend to him, too, although Jongin hasn't liked Baekhee's noisy character at first.

 

"Who?" Chanyeol asks which makes Baekhee frown. Jongin wonders how in the world someone like Baekhee could date someone like Chanyeol who didn't even notice her long hair, almost reaching her hips, were cut to shoulder length. Everyone knows how much Baekhee likes to be complimented, how much she likes people noticing the little details about her, and yet she has chosen one of the slowest people in the world to go out with.

 

"Sehee. The new girl."

 

Chanyeol's gaze wanders to Sehee who is sitting two tables away from them where she is simultanously eating and reading in her book, giving everyone who has tried approaching her so far the cold shoulder.

 

"She's pretty. Go for her," Chanyeol says with that goofy kind of grin that doesn't look very encouraging to Jongin at the moment. He has a feeling it brings bad luck to listen to his best friend.

 

"Pretty uninterested you mean," Jongin sighs.

 

"But pretty nonetheless. You should try talking to her," Baekhee says and Jongin would have almost done that if it wasn't for Sehee getting up and leaving right then.

 

 

 


Being too coward, Jongin hasn't tried approaching Sehee. His slip up in the coffee shop as well as the first impressions he has made have been enough for him. Jongin is pretty sure that Sehee thinks he must be retarded and so he doesn't even try.

 

He doesn't have to. Sehee comes to him instead. It is Sunday afternoon when he sees her again, standing in line to get a drink at the coffee shop he is working at. It feels surreal though. Didn't this happen already? Is he dreaming?

 

"Your hair is still pink," Jongin says. "Wait, is this a déja-vu?"

 

Sehee chuckles at that. "No. You said that to me last time, too. Though this time I believe Your hair is pink again would be more fitting."

 

Jongin flushes. "I mean it's pink again," he corrects himself.

 

She only hums in reply and makes her order, another strawberry bubble tea with extra sugar. And when he glances at her this time, their eyes meet as she looks up from her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter