● 09

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

⚫ Two Weeks Later ⚫

 

'Okay, students. Time's up. Put down your pen. Make sure you've written your name and class. Pass your papers to the front.' A series of sigh and the shuffled of papers could be heard in what was previously a quiet classroom. I could've sworn you could even see the palpable tensions evaporated in the air. The bell rang and most of the students cheered as a sign of freedom.

It's the last day of the last exam week and we just finished answering our last paper, Physics. I packed my bag and saw Hana did the same. She and I usually stayed back to wait for everyone to get out of the class first because we didn't like pushing through the throngs of students in the hallway.

I heard a thump on my right when I finished packing and saw that Hana got her head on the table. I sometimes forgot that she has four scars. Not that you can overlooked it if you were me. But after getting closer for the past one month, I figured out that she was a funny and cheerful girl. Although she's pretty cold and could be rude at times. 

My mind suddenly went back to the incident two weeks ago when Hana stayed over for dinner at my house. I went home that night but I couldn't let my self sleep. My mind kept on wondering what was happening to her at home. 

The next day at school she wasn't talking to me. She came just before the paper start. I couldn't talk to her until recess. I went to the rooftop and waited for her. She came a few minutes after and went to the railing and leaned beside me. She let her hair down but up there on the rooftop, where the wind blew on her hair, I saw the bruise on her left cheek.

She had asked me to forget everything that happened the night before. I didn't know why I agreed. All I wanted to do was shake her and made her tell me every details but I just nodded and started talking about the papers. Two days later we've passed the awkwardness and we both pretend like that night never happened. 

'Raise your white flag now while you still can save some dignity, Hana. When we start getting our results, you're not getting out of this bet.' I smirked at her as she turned her head to me.

'Confident much ? I might not do that good in my physics paper but I did well on the others.' I laughed at this. The paper was hard and Hana might beat me but seeing her stressed face gave me something to tease. 

'You need to beat me in all the subjects including physics you know ?' She narrowed her eyes.

'Fine.' She seemed to be thinking of something. 'Are you going to Myungsoo's party tonight ?' It's Friday and Kim Myungsoo, one of the popular kid in our school had invited everyone to his party.

'I don't think so. I don't really like going to party. Are you ?' I really didn't enjoy party that much. The loud music and the sweaty crowds gave me headache. 

Hana shook her head. 'No, I'm not going too. I'm fine with parties, just not in the mood for one now. My body is claiming all the beauty sleep it has lost these few weeks.' 

'All those beauty sleep won't make you any more prettier. Some people are just born not good looking.' I winked at Hana while patting her shoulder. 

She made a shocked face and I ran out of the class. I can hear her footsteps behind me but we aren't running that fast. Just a-little-faster-than-jogging pace actually but the narrow hallway made you feel as if you're doing olympics. There weren't many students left as most of them were impatient to get out of the school. Thus, we have the hallway all to ourselves.

I s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter