● 08

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Your house is so nice !' Hana exclaimed as I pulled to my driveway. My house is not some ridiculously big mansion with useless rooms, it's just a two-story bungalow with a nice garden since there's only the three of us living together.

'I'm glad you think so. My dad designed it himself' I said proudly with a grin on my face. I get out of my car and Hana did the same.

'Is your dad an architect ? That's so cool. I've always wanted to design my own house.' Her enthusiasm made me laugh.

I opened the door to a quite living room. My mom was home alone this time of the day. Sometimes she'd go shopping or hangs out with her friends. 

'Mom, I'm home. She's probably in her room. Let's go to the study room.' I made my way to the staircase. The study and mini library room was in between my parents and my room. I was about to open the study room's door when I heard a door opened. 

'Tae, you're home.' My mom made her way to us. 'Oh, is this the lovely girl ? You're so adorable.' Mom, I never talk about her. What do you mean is this the lovely girl ?

'Hello, aunty. I'm Kang Hana. It's nice to meet you.' Hana bowed. My mom cannot stop smiling, it's unbelievable.

'It's nice to meet you too, Hana. Thank you for being friends with Taehyung. I was a little worried since he never brought any friends home. I'm glad you're-' 

'Okay mom, I love you.' I quickly hug her and was about to open the door to the study room when she suddenly mention.

'Tae, don't use the study room. Your dad's blueprint was all over the table. He hasn't sort it out yet. Use your room.' No. My dad never left his blueprint on the table. My mom was planning something but Hana would think it's weird if I mentioned that. So I nodded and made my way to my room. 

'I'm sorry about my mom. She's so excited to know I'm talking to someone.' I said to her. 

'She's so cute. You guys must be close.' She sat on the chair at my study table.

I dragged another chair and sat opposite her.

'Yeah, the only child and all.' I shrugged.

'Your room is nice too. Not like how I pictured your room to be' My room is where I spent most of my time at so I wanted it to be nice. My room was very minimal. The wall is white and most of the furniture is wood and metal and black and grey and white. It's modern. Clean and crisp. I like it that way. It soothes my eyes. 

'How do you pictured it to be ? Red and emo and graffiti on the walls ? Unmade bed and laundry all over the floor ? Skeleton in the closet ?' She chuckled.

'Something like that. Especially the skeleton in the closet'

'Sorry to disappoint you, my lady. Let's get to work.' 

 

                                           ❄❄❄❄❄

 

'No, Taehyung. If the woman is a hemophilia carrier, she's not suffering from hemophilia. She's only a hemophilia patient if and only if, both of her chromosomes have recessive allele for hemophilia. But a male will automatically suffers from hemophilia if he has one the recessive allele for hemophilia. Got it ?'

'Because male only have one X chromosome while woman have two ? So if one if her chromosomes is recessive to hemophilia then she still have another one ?' Hana clapped her hand. She's been trying to get me to understand the genetics trait rules since half an hour ago. She raised both of her hand for high fives and she started to stand and jumped around. 

'This must be what teachers feel. I'm going to cry.' We started laughing and we ended up sitting on the floor. 

'I'm so tired.' I really am. We have been studying for two hours.

'Me too.' She does look tired. It must be hard trying to get me to understand and memorize all the biology facts.

I looked at her. She seriously did looked very pretty today. Should I mention to her that she looks nice in maroon ? Should I tell her to let hair down more often than her usual ponytail even though it's making it hard for me to concentrate ? Should I ask her to laugh more often, because that laughter made the scars invisible. 

'Is there something on my face, Taehyung ?' I'm pulled out of my thoughts.

'Nothing. I'm just thankful that you're good in something I'm lack at and I'm good in something you're lack at.' I was genuinely grateful, though. It's a big help since I didn't like to ask around or go to tuition. 

'Me too. I'm glad we met, seriously.' She smiled and I can't help but smile too. And I'm secretly proud that I was the reason behind that smile. A smile from this broken girl means the world. 

'Glad we did.' I nod. I almost laugh at how the sunlight from my windows seemed to be directed at her, as if mocking a beauty I coul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter