● 38

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Hana, did it hurt ?'

Hana groaned, 'What ?'

Taehyung's frown turned into a half smirk, 'When you fell from heaven.'

Hana dropped her head in the pile of notes on top of her study table. For the past half an hour, Taehyung had been scrolling through his phone, searching for the cheesiest pick up lines, and pestered her with it.

It was unnerving to see him laughing out loud, almost falling off her bed once, when he saw how much she cringed.

This was one of his many torturous way to get her to stop studying and go out to have lunch with him. They were revising in her house since it's Saturday morning and the library surely will be packed with students.

Taehyung had came so early in the morning (it wasn't even eight yet when he was already pressing her bell mercilessly), that Hana practically kicked him out.

He had cooked her breakfast while she showered, although it was obviously nothing edible. Hana didn't even know why he even tried when he would just ended up burning the kitchen down.

There's a nearby cafe and they opted to get their breakfast there. Taehyung brought his car, but it was going to be autumn very soon and the weather was exceptionally nice that they decided to walk.

After rounds of sandwiches and morning coffees, they finally made their way home, stomachs full, hearts contend.

But it's been almost five hours and their stomachs were growling (or at least Taehyung's was), so he thought it was time for lunch.

Hana didn't think so.

She still wanted to finish a few physics questions before they should take a break. Not that he wasn't already taking his sweet one.

Taehyung was already on the bed since an hour ago, at first saying he wanted to memorize the nutritions topic, trying to tell her how hungry he was by reading aloud malnutrition effects, which she obviously ignored, but after he realised that his indirect message was futile, he changed his method.

Hana didn't know where he got the idea, but trust Taehyung to know every single way to annoy her.

'Hana, there's something wrong with my eyes !' Here he goes again.

Hana didn't even bother to raised her head, so sure that would only fuel his motives.

'Hana !'

Nope.

'Hana ! Oh my god, Kang Hana !!'

Won't lose my .

'Hana, my eyesss !!' He cried in agony, exaggerating of course.

'What the hell now ?'

He blinked a couple of time before the smirk was back,  'I can't take it off you.'

Hana shuddered in disgust as he shot her the creepiest wink he could muster.

Hana sighed, 'You're impossible.'

'Right back at you !' Taehyung frowned. 'It's time for lunch but all you want to do is physics. It's cool if you're on those ridiculous girl's diet but I'm not okay.'

She chuckled, always finds herself greatly amused everytime the complaining, bratty side of him makes it's appearance. 

Closing her physics books in defeat, Hana stood. At Taehyung's loud cheer, she shook her head. She was already wearing a jeans, so she just have to throw on a cardigan over her t-shirt.

He was already running downstairs, starting his car while arguing with himself what's for lunch.

Pulling the hairband off, she left her hair down and gave it a little comb to smoothen the knots. She was contemplating on putting something on her pale lips since hearing Taehyung's list of restaurants, he's most likely taking them downtown.

Swipping a thin coat of lip tint, she smiled in the mirror. She still can't believe she was this excited and nervous about having lunch with him.

'Hana,' The ever so impatient Taehyung. 'don't tell me you went back studying ! I'm going to drag you down here-'

'Can you shut up ?' Hana rolled her eyes as she made her way downstairs at a fuming Taehyung with his hands on his hips, like a middle aged woman about to lecture their kids.

He's such a middle aged woman.

'Get your here now !'

'I'm coming, Tae. Stop yelling.' Hana pushed him out of the door before locking it behind her.

They got into the car and headed to the center of the city.

'Let's ride a subway.' Hana suggested. It's been so long since the last time she rode one.

Taehyung threw her a quizzical look, 'Why ?'

'I just feel like it. We could walk around the city later.' Hana suggested, didn't even know where she got the idea. She knew she had to go back to her notes but she admitted, it's tiring and on a weekend with a weather so nice, she can't help but want to stroll about.

'Are you asking me out for a date ?' His mouth curved into the smirk she saw too often lately while his eyebrows wriggled in a teasing manner.

With a scoff, she punched his arm, 'You know what ? Never mind.'

Taehyung laughed aloud, enjoying the annoyed scrunched of her face, 'It's okay. I'll take you out on a date.'

'Sorry, not interested.' Hana huffed.

'No one ask you, shortcake.'

'I'm not short !' Hana glared.

'Of course you not. You're like what ? 5'3 ?' He sneered.

Hana gasped before folding her amrs, 'I'm 5'4 !'

His shoulder shook as he tried to contain his laughter, 'Now, are you ?'

He patted her head while keeping his other hand on the wheel. She tried to swat it away but it would still made it's way back on top of her hair, 'Hana is a big girl now. She drinks her milk everyday and now she's 5'4 !'

A sigh escaped her lips as she closed her eyes and rested her head on the neck rest, 'I'm going to kill you, Kim Taehyung.'

'Big, tall Hana is going to kill me. That's soo scary.' Taehyung mocked her, knowing very well she won't try anything since he was driving.

'I'm going to kill you for real.'

 

❄❄❄❄❄

 

'How shameless !'

'You can always sit on my lap if you want to.' Taehyung gave the fuming Hana a wink.

They were in the subway and even though it was passed the lunch hour and the prime time, it was still a weekend, thus the number of passengers.

Taehyung had left his car at the parking lot near the station. They were both excited since it had been quite some time since the both of them had last use the public transport.

When they first got in from their station, the crowd was pretty packed, but as they stopped by a few popular places, the people was getting fewer.

That was when one of the seats was vacant and Taehyung had quickly dashed to it before Hana could even blink.

That was how he ended up sitting while she had to stood infront of him holding the handle while trying not to trip.

'You're a healthy, young boy.' Hana squinted her eyes.

Taehyung crossed his leg, 'Your point, miss ?'

'You're supposed to give your sit up for someone in need.' She pointed at the sign above the automatic door, reminding them to prioritize a few list of people.

He followed where her finger was directed at before scanning the room, 'I don't see anyone in that list that haven't gotten a seat yet. In fact, there were a couple of healthy, young boy seating too. I have no one to give up my seat for.'

Hana huffed, 'Me ?'

Taehyung tried to stifled his laughter, 'Let me see. Old netizens ? You're obviously underage.'

'I'm not !!'

'You're not officially eighteen yet, shortcake.' Taehyung shook his head. 'Handicapped ? You look perfectly fine to me.'

'My legs hurt.'

'I did offered you my lap whenever you need them.' He winked, which received a kick in the shin from her. He yelped before rubbing the pain off. 'Nope. Your legs are definitely fine. In fact, mine are not.'

'Let me sit.'

'Let's see, what's the last one ?' Taehyung looked back at the sign. 'Pregnant lady ?'

'I'm in my first trimester, so the bump doesn't show.' She deadpanned.

Taehyung almost choked on his spit trying to control his laughter. He stood up and pushed her to his previous seat, 'There. I can't believe I just make a pregnant lady stood for a few stations !'

Hana kicked his shin again when the middle aged lady on her left threw her a judgemental look, 'I'm going to kill you, Tae, but I'll have to get up from my seat.'

He just chortled softly, enjoying how riled up she was, 'I shall thank myself then.'

They bickered and joked around until the train stopped at their station. Getting off, they immediately searched for a good restaurant in the area, because at that point, even Hana couldn't ignore the grumble in her stomach.

There was a Japanese restaurant a few blocks away from the station and they had both agreed to have their lunch there.

Aside from the variety of sushi and sashimi, they also ordered a few appetizers and on top of that, a Teriyaki Soba for Taehyung and Oyako-Don for Hana. That was how they spent two hours eating non-stop until they can't even stand.

'You ordered too much.' Hana groaned.

Taehyung rolled his eyes, 'No one asked you to finish them all.'

'It was so good.' Hana cried before both of them burst into laughter.

Sipping the last bit of his Iced Tea, he stood up to pay, 'Let's go.'

Hana grabbed her black massanger bag and followed him to the counter. After the bills were paid, they walked out of thw restaurant and started strolling along the sidewalk.

Instinctively, Taehyung hand went to wrap around Hana's empty one, 'Where do you want to go next on our date ?'

Too full to rolled her eyes, Hana just glared, which took as much effort as she later realised, 'The park.'

'What do you want to do in a park ?' Taehyung asked.

'Sleep.'

He shook his head when she closed her eyes, 'Let's go watch a movie.'

'What ?' She threw him an incredulous look. 'I'm sleepy.'

'Sleep in there.' He started dragging her to a nearby cinema. Too tired to pulled her hand back, she just let him took her into the air conditioned mall.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter