● 34

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung had gotten home that night and went straight to the balcony, settling in on the chair that Hana had previously sat on, all night.

After giving Taehyung his indirect blessing, Hanbin had decided to drop some threatening talk because he said Jiwon won't shut up about it otherwise.

He didn't precisely said what he would do to Taehyung if he dared break his sister's heart, but Taehyung knew it involved some skinning and his body part chopped off.

Or something along the line.

However, Taehyung had no intention on playing with her feelings, with or without the threat. The last thing he wanted to do was hurt her in any way.

He still needed to figure out the depth of his feelings for her. All the hours spent thinking had not help him answer the question Hanbin had asked him.

Does he loves Hana ?

Maybe ? 

At the end of his midnight meditation, he came to a conclusion that he's going to wait. He's going to pretend like nothing happened. Like he never figured out he has feelings for her. Like everything was normal.

Hah.

Whatever it was, he can't make Hana confused when he was still not sure of his feelings. Two confused people are the recipe of trouble.

He still had three days to think about it before the school starts on Monday. Before he was forced to face Hana and deal with his feelings.

He thought of not meeting Hana throughout the few days that he had. Hanbin had said he wanted to take Hana out to catch up yesterday so he had looked forward to the call that night.

This time around, he concentrated more on her excitement filled stories. He had a smile on, listening to her.

He had missed her then. Almost made him went to her house and climbed through her gate, just to see her face, all light up while she talked about her adventurous day.

So Friday went like that too, Taehyung decided to study because he just can't seem to get her out of his mind. He had went to his secret hideout at night, trying to get a peace of mind, just to went home more confused than before.

Saturday was almost as boring, if not more. Taehyung went out to have a jog in the park in hope of having a clearer mind by the end of it.

Fruitless.

So he tried swimming. He thought that maybe the water would cool some of the heat down.

Says who.

After much failure, he decided on video games. That has to do right ? I mean, how can you thought of anything else when your fort was about to be taken down by some brain eating creatures, right ?

Wrong.

Finally giving up, he went to seat outside again after dinner. Haemi had realized that her son had something bothering him but he didn't look like he wanted to talk about it, so she just let him be. He'll come to her when he's ready. So when his heavy footsteps headed out to the balcony, she didn't stop him.

Taehyung has been seating yet again, on the chair Hana had sat on. He just stared into the distance, watching the dark sky of the summer night, starless. The moon was barely a Cresent, making the sky look more empty than usual.

Taehyung took out the polaroid picture that Sehun had given to him at the camp. His thumb ran over her face, innocent and serene with her eyes tight shut.

He watched how the guy in the picture look so comfortable, lying his head on top of the girl's. How, months ago, he wouldn't even talk to girl unless absolutely necessary. How, many months ago, he wouldn't have been able to sleep so peacefully with a girl beside him, so close at that. Heck, he wouldn't even seat beside a girl on a bus.

He wouldn't have someone to look forward to meeting when he's getting ready for school. He wouldn't brought a girl home and have his parents adore the living thing out of her. He wouldn't have a girl sleeping next door to him and make breakfast together. He wouldn't climbed some tree to sneak into her bedroom because he missed her too much for his own good.

He wouldn't have met her scary brother and end up befriending him and his best friend. He wouldn't have late night phone calls, talking about whether cokes or sprites compliment a peperoni pizza better.

He wouldn't laugh as much and he wouldn't even though of smiling alone at some random jokes he remembered in the middle of dinner.

In just the span of a couple of months, Hana had changed his life completely. He's doing things he didn't even imagine himself doing months ago. He's smiling more and laughing more than he ever did.

He has lead a normal life. He had made sure of that. Seeing all those people, depressed and wrecked, Taheyung make sure he has full control of his life. Until she came along.

Now, he has all these cheesy feelings he doesn't know what to do with. He was confused and he doesn't know what to do with that either.

Mostly, he's scared. Scared to admit that he might love her. He had never love anyone other than his parents. Sure, he likes the company of some people, but he don't go around and loves people.

He never let people have that much effect over him. He never let anyone held that much power against him.

To love someone, is to let them have a certain right to hurt you, and yet, you trust them to not break you apart.

Taehyung never trust anyone with it. But then he thought of his life without her. He thought of those old days when she was not apart of his days and nights, and it unsettled him.

He felt empty, like there's a void where she should be. He was so used to having her around that the thought of not seeing her smile, or hearing her laugh, troubled him.

He didn't even realize it was almost midnight until he noticed the stillness in the air. The whole neighborhood has gone to sleep. With the picture in his hand, he got back into the house.

Feeling rather thirsty, he went to the kitchen and grabbed a glass before pouring himself some milk to help him sleep. He sat at the stool of the island.

Unconsciously, his thoughts went back to those time last month when Hana had stayed over a few times. They had often sneaked into the kitchen in the middle of the night, to get a snack or make a coffee.

They had tiptoed and even played some spy games, like a five years old, trying not to wake his parents up. Hana could be a little kid sometimes. Maybe it was all the childhood she had missed while growing up. Taehyung has to admit, he had so much fun.

There, in the quiet kitchen, with lights off, he wished she was here. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter