● 31

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

We double updated, so check if you have read the chapter before this.

 

 

 

'My meaatttt ! My beautiful, y meat !' Baekhyun sung as they started grilling the meat on the portable stove.

The students were sitting on picnic tables by the lake, having their hard earned lunch. Group 6's table was filled with all kind of foods.

There's the five dishes that they have gotten individually. Baekhyun got a radish pickle which has earned a head lock from Sehun and never ending mockery by Minho on how unlucky he was.

Their grand prize was sizzling on the grill. Apart from that, they had gotten six envelopes that was not retrieved earning them steamed mandu, kimbap, bindaetteok, saengsoen jigae and a variety of banchan.

Even though they were three boys in the group, it was still too much food for them to eat so they had given some that they don't really want to other groups. They had also combined tables with Group 5 since all of them had gotten fairly closer with yesterday's activities.

They shared the food they got. Group 5's manduguk, dolsot bibimbap and dakkochi was enjoyed among the two groups. Laughter and jokes filled the sunny summer afternoon.

Hana was sitting to one end of the table with Taehyung in front of her. She was restless since he wasn't talking to her or saying much and just playing with his foods.

Hana put a tender grilled beef on top of his spooned bibimbap, 'I'm sorry.'

Taehyung looked up, 'What for ?'

'For what happened in the woods. Are you mad ?' She said timidly.

Taehyung almost smiled.

She thought I was mad about that ?

'I'm not mad.' He assured her with a smile. 'Just teaching you a lesson not to go around and pretend you're going to kiss people.'

Hana reddened, 'Learned. Now can we go back to when it was never awkward ?'

Taehyung let out a carefree chortles, 'Sure, bunny. Whatever you say. Eat up.'

Taehyung hold up a wrapped meat to and she gladly accept it. He always make the best wrap.

'Excuse you, there's people eating on this table, you disrespectful, hormonal teenagers.' Seunghoon said as he flicked his chopstick, that was holding a steamed mandu, to their direction.

Hana flushed as everyone laughed at Seunghoon exaggerative comment while Taehyung rolled his eyes.

'You're just jealous no one make wrap for you.' Minho mocked him.

'Yah, punk. I don't need wraps to define my love life.' Seunghoon said as he threw a radish to Minho.

'No food fight please !' Sooyoung raised her hand.

Taehyung watched as Hana laughed at their friends' stupidity. Thirsty, he went up to take a water from the dispenser near their table. When he was returning to their tables, Hana had his back to him and he should've been glad, he should've been relief and thrilled and happy.

Why am I not happy ?

She lost another scar and Taehyung was confused as to why he was feeling so down about it.

Was it because it was not me that help her recovered ?

Was it because now the scars that left was of his father and me ?

Either one was not making him feel any better. He continued his steps and sat down on the bench. Hana was complaining why didn't he be a gentleman and take a water for her too and before he could say anything, Minho and Baekhyun was already racing to get her a water. He watched as Hana laughed at the two boys' little race.

I'm glad that at least one of us are enjoying this camping very much.

❄❄❄❄❄

'You okay ?' Sehun asked the sullen looking Taehyung, lying on his back on the bed.

The latter boy just sigh, 'I'm fine. Just a little tired with all the running and I think I ate too much.'

Sehun chuckled, 'You barely touch your food. You're not fooling me, TaeTae.'

'I don'tㅡ'

'You don't have to explain anything. I'm going to head to the bonfire party. You're coming ?' Sehun asked.

Taehyung nodded, 'You go first. I'll be there.'

With one last look, Sehun head out to the lively and warm party outside of their tent.

❄❄❄❄❄

'What goes up and down but never moves ?'

Junhoe snorted, 'Your grades.'

That made everyone laughed and Seunghoon sending death glares to the oblivious Junhoe.

The students was gathering around the campfire for their bonfire party that has been going for two hours now. Not everyone took part since a few students had went to their tent early while some had bailed for a few hours of sleep after they had their dinner.

The losing team of the treasure hunt game, Group 7, was in charge of grilling sausages and chickens for their barbecue dinner. There were meat and chicken patties to eat with buns. There were coleslaw and mashed potatoes. There were grilled corns and capsicums.

A couple of kids were eating on the picnic table since it was next to the campfire. The teachers were also enjoying the foods there while watching over the students. Group 7 has stopped grilling since it was getting late but there's still foods.

Those who gathered around the fire were making s'mores. They had finished their sing along and for the past half an hour, all of them have suffered from Seunghoon's and a few kids' lame jokes session.

'Tet. Wrong.' Seunghoon popped a s'mores in his mouth.

'Just tell us the answer.' Sooyoung was frustrated.

Seunghoon smirked, 'Stairs !'

They all groaned at his lame jokes. Unfortunately, they had played all the games like Two Truth and One Lie, 20 Questions and even Frying Pan game. A few kids had come and go. There were only around twenty people around the fire ring. It was getting unbearable to deal with another lame jokes.

'You know what ?' Yongguk said. 'Let's do storytelling. What's a bonfire without some ghost stories ?'

'Can't do.' Seunghoon said while shaking his head. 'Minho won't be able to sleep later.'

'Shut up. I'm not scared, idiot.' Minho threw a graham cracker at the laughing guy.

'I have one.' Ilhoon said. 'You know the ever-so-famous, haunted boy changing room ?'

A few of the boys nodded while murmurs of things they have heard erupted. The girls have heard of it being haunted but never the full story or any clear incidents.

Hana, new to the school, have never heard of such rumors but it really has gotten her interested. She took another bite from her melted marshmallow and chocolate sandwich. She had never tasted s'mores before but now, she totally got all the hype, it's heavenly. She was seating next to Soojung with Taehyung on her other side.

'Don't tell me, something happened to you..' Baekhyun said hesitantly.

Ilhoon leaned forward from his camp chair ㅡ that he had dragged from the tent like most of them ㅡ and propped his elbows on his knees, 'It was a Sunday, fall last year. I had a soccer practice. The tournament was around the corner so I figured

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter