● 30

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Gather up, everyone !' Mr. Lee's voice rung through the whole campground.

It was 10 in the morning, everyone has had their breakfast two hours before. They were all ready in complete sports attire for their first activity on the second day.

Mr. Hwang began explaining the game, 'All of you will be competing in eight teams. Members are like yesterday's. No switching. Now, line up in your groups. I need eight lines.'

The students began lining up with the first group on the furthest to the left followed by the rest of the seven groups.

'You see the woods behind you ?' Everyone's eyes followed where Mrs. Son was pointing. 'We'll play a treasure hunt game with a little twist.'

'There's five person in your group and only one person will go inside the woods at one time to search for a treasure that has been hidden at random places in the woods. You can only come out and switch with the next person once you have found one treasure.'

'That's scary !' A girl shouted.

'Don't worry. It's not dark and the teacher have set a boundary around the wood with red tapes. You can't go over the red tapes, there's nothing there.' Mr. Hwang assured them.

A boy cried, most probably Seunghoon, 'What if we get lost ?!'

Mr. Lee laughed, 'Fret not, students. We mark all the trees inside the red tapes with arrows leading you back to campground so just follow it.'

That seemed to calm most of them down and they began to get excited. Hana was also pumped up to the activity since she has never took part in any treasure hunt or scavenger hunt before.

'Now, here are the rules. First, do not cross the red tapes. Second, treasure that is stole from other team does not valid. Third, you need to finish the quest within an hour. Fourth, only one treasure per person. Once you found a treasure, return to campground immediately.' Mrs. Son laid down the dos and donts.

'Now, if you have no questionㅡ'

'What's the treasure ?'

'How do we know the winner ?'

'What do we get if we win ?'

Mr. Lee held up his hand, 'One at a time. The treasures consist of all kinds of things. Rest assured, it's something you won't regret searching the whole woods for. The winner is the team who finished first. The winner will get an additional treasure.'

'Any other questions ?' Mr. Hwang asked. The students shook their head, with the curiosity of the treasure's content in their mind.

'If there's no more inquiries then each group can start arranging the order of who will go first. Go, now.' Mr. Lee ordered.

The bickering and pleading could be heard as people wanted different turns. Hana didn't mind as long as she's not the first one to go since she wanted to see how it goes. Taehyung on the other hand didn't want to go last because then he might not be able to play.

'I think the boys should go first.' Sehun suggested.

Soojung snickered, 'Why ? You think girls can't do it ?'

Sehun slinged his arm around Soojung's shoulder, 'That's not what I meant, princess. I was just thinking that guys should go in first. We'll collect the tricks to make it easier for you girls.'

Hana giggled when Soojung glared at the tall, dirty blond lad.

Sehun sighed, 'Fine. You go after me, tough girl. Thenㅡ'

'Hana.' Soojung linked her arm with me. 'Don't tell me you're going to put her last.'

'Of course not. Hana goes third. Minho and Baek, rock paper scissor. Who wins get the fourth turn.' Sehun pointed at Minho and Baekhyun.

Baekhyun stomped his feet, 'I don't want to go last.'

'Then win.' Soojung said.

The two boys glared at her. They then face each other before throwing their palms out.

'.'

Minho runs around the group raising his scissors-shaped fingers while Baekhyun stared dejectedly at his open palm.

'I don't want to go last.' He said again.

'Too bad, loser.' Minho spat as he finished his victory run.

Besides them, Group 5 was still undecided on their order.

'I don't want to go first.' Jinri pleaded.

Bomi pointed at Taehyung, 'You go first.'

'Why me ? There's Seunghoon !' He pointed at the smug faced boy. Taehyung didn't want to go first because he knew all the group will send their aces first and that sounded like blood bath.

'Fine. I'll go first.' Seunghoon said as he winked at no particular person.

Sooyoung smacked his head, 'Nonsense ! You go last. You'll ended up lost in there and before we know it, all of us lost out turn to play. I'll go first. Some girl charms won't hurt.'

'Second.' Taehyung said quickly.

'Do you want to go third ?' Bomi asked Jinri. The latter girl shook her head with a smile. 'Then, I'm third. Jinri second last.'

'Excuse me, shortcakes. Who says I'll agree to go last. Why didn't I have a say in this ?' Seunghoon complained.

They all ignored his complaints and started lining up in their respective order.

'Are you done ?' Mr. Hwang shouted, trying to get the students' attention. They all replied with a yes.

'A friendly reminder to burn up those passion, the treasures will determine what your groups are having for lunch.' Mrs Son said.

Murmurs and shocked gasp erupted across the campground. The simple news seemed to have change the mood of the game. Now it's food on the line. More specifically, their lunch.

'Thank God I'm last.' Seunghoon said, followed by relief sighs from the rest of the group.

'This is an important thing so listen carefully. You are searching for an envelope. There's 40 of them. Now, with that in mind, first hunters, ready ?'

All eight of them shouted, 'Ready.'

'I give you ten minutes top, Oh Sehun.' Soojung warned receiving a wink from the boy.

'Go Sooyoung ! Prove them wrong ! Girl power !' Jinri and Bomi cheered followed by Seunghoon's high pitched voice mimicking them.

'On your mark, get set, GO !' Mr. Lee pressed his siren while Mrs. Son began the stopwatch.

All eight first hunters broke into a run at the que while the rest of the students cheer. They waitied patiently and within five minutes, one of the students named Yongguk from group 3 was back with a yellow envelope in hand. His whole group members cheered as their second hunter got into the woods.

Not long after, Sehun came back with a purple envelope in his grip. Hana didn't even know she was jumping in glee until she noticed Taehyung grinned at her. Embarrassed, she pointed at him, 'Boo ! Jealous ?'

Taehyung rolled his eyes, 'I'll win anyway, so why would I be jealous of losers ?'

Hana scoffed, 'All talk and no walk.'

Hana watched as Sehun gathered his group and open the envelope, 'Japchae !!'

'Nice one.'

'Good job Sehun !'

'I love y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter