● 29

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Congratulations on making it through both of the exams. Applaud yourself.' Mrs. Kwon cheered, followed by a round of applause from the whole class.

They just sat for their NUAT yesterday at Seoul Metropolitan Office of Education. It was tough, as it should be, but all of them had worked very hard for it.

Hana and Taehyung had went for ice cream as soon as they went out of the building. Seojoon, Taehyung's dad, had taken them to dine out. Hana had declined but they insisted her to join so she did. They enjoyed their lavish dinner and Taehyung had sent her home that night.

'Thus, as a reward for your hardwork, the most anticipated activity of this year is here, the senior camp !' Almost everyone in the class cheered at the news.

'When ?' One of their classmates asked.

Mrs. Kwon beamed at the excited students before her, 'Next Monday. We'll be staying for two nights, so pack wisely. Kyungsoo, come take the consent letter at the office before lunch.'

Kyungsoo nod, 'I'll come later, Mrs Kwon.'

'Distribute the letter to all your classmates. All of you, submit the form before Friday. Participation is not compulsory. I know not all of you will be joining, but to those who do, enjoy.' Mrs. Kwon permitted herself before leaving the classroom.

As soon as she left, the whole class erupted into conversation regarding the camping trip. Some of the students didn't want to join because they wanted to study while the others were already making check list.

Taehyung turned his body to face Hana, 'You're coming ?'

She nodded with an excited smile on her face, 'It sounds fun. I've never been to any camping activities after middle grade.'

'Cool.'

❄❄❄❄❄

'Once I call your name, respond. I need to know you're here.' Shout Mr. Lee to the lines of excited students before him.

'Okay.'

'Kim Yubin.'

'Yes.'

'Oh Sehun.'

'Here.'

'Ko Junhoe.'

'What ?'

One after another names was called followed by all sorts of responses. After all name was verified, they began boarding the bus.

Everyone was seating together with preferable partners. Hana thought that Taehyung was going to be seating with the boys since he was pretty close with Sehun and his gang so it surprised her when he plopped down on the seat next to her.

'Why are you sitting here ?' She voiced out her surprise.

He looked confuse, 'Where else am I supposed to sit ?'

'With the boys ?'

He raised one eyesbrow at her, 'And who do you plan to sit with ?'

'You think I don't have any friends other than you ?' She asked, clearly annoyed. It's true that he was the closest friend she has in the school but it's not like she doesn't have any other friends. She talked to most of her classmates when they start a conversation.

'Yes.' He chuckled.

She scoffed at his bluntness, 'Get lost.'

'I know you have other friends and even some boys who would sit with you, but I want to sit here.' He poked her cheeks, earning a glare from her.

'Whatever.' She put on her earphones and leaned her head on the window.

Taehyung smiled watching her sulky side, 'Come on ! Don't sulk on me.'

She closed her eyes, as if telling him she doesn't want to talk.

He pulled off one of the earphone from her ear before inching closer to her and whispered, 'You're my favourite person. Of course I'll sit with you.'

Hana's heart went frantic at his words and her stomach lurched. She refused to open her eyes but she knows he must've saw her blushing face.

Taehyung put the earphone back into her ear and shift comfortably in his seat. He also choosed to listen to his own playlist.

The ride to the camping site took almost an hour. After the first half an hour, a number of student in the bus was asleep and it was very quiet. Those who don't were either listening to music or deep in hushed conversation.

Being the playful boy that he was known for, Sehun decided to take pictures of the sleeping kids, beginning from the very front of the vehicle.

Finally, he reached Taehyung's and Hana's seat that was somewhere in the middle. A small smile crept up on his handsome face at the sight before him. Hana was sleeping on Taehyung's shoulder while his head rested on top of hers.

With a mischievous chuckle, Sehun took a couple of shots of them. His guts was telling him that Taehyung likes the girl. Knowing him since middle grade, Taehyung wasn't the type of person to care for someone this much. Although Sehun and Taehyung had known each other for a long time, Taehyung was still a reserved and personal guy.

If there's anything he knows about Kim Taehyung, it's that he never associated himself with just anyone. He has many friends, yes but none of it was as close as he was to Hana.

Sehun was determined to make him realized that.

❄❄❄❄❄

'We're here. Get out of the bus and take your bags with you. Don't leave anything behind and don't wander off.' Mr. Lee instructed as soon as we reached our destination.

Soon, all the students were gathering in front of the camping site. They were all was so busy looking around, taking in the beautiful green view in front of them. The place was huge but there's two hills on both sides that met at one end, making the place feel secluded and private. There's a small lake to their left and behind them was the wood, filled with tall pine trees.

'This place is so nice.' Hana exclaimed when she saw the whole area.

Taehyung smiled, 'It is.'

'Students, first, I'm going to lay down some rules for you while we're here. You see that lake,' The students nodded, looking at where Mr. Lee was pointing. 'and that woods ? Those are restricted area. No one can go there unless instructed to.'

'Okay, teacher.'

'Don't go anywhere alone. You'll be living in pair per tent so go with your tent-mate. There's no signal here so make sure you tell a friend if you're going anywhere. Safety is crucial. Don't get carried away.' Mr. Lee warned sternly.

'Okay, teacher.'

'I'll call your names for your tent-mate.' Complaints was heard as soon as Mr. Hwang said it. They all had wanted to have a say in who they're sleeping with.

'We want to get closer through this camp so this is final.' Mr. Hwang said. Grunts and sighed could still be heard but none voice it out. 'Once I called your name, make your way to your tent. Unpack or whatever, meet back in half an hour. Don't go to the restricted area.'

'Ahn Daehyun and Kim Jongin.'

'Park Joohyun and So Taeil.'

'Kim Myungsoo and Byun Baekhyun.'

'Kim Taehyung and Oh Sehun.'

Taehyung high fived Sehun and they made their way to their awaiting tent. The tent was already built for them by the camping company. It was of a decent size, with two portable beds and a little wooden table in between them.

Outside, the guy's name was just finished being called. It was now time for the ladies. Hana was particularly nervous about this since she was afraid if her tent-mate was not friendly and didn't like her company.

'Yoo Inha and Moon Soohee.'

'Kwon Soora and Lim Miyeon.'

Mrs. Son started calling out names after names as Hana anxiously waited for hers. The girls were chattering and sighing.

'Jung Soojung and,' As soon as Mr. Hwang announced the name, all the girls went quiet. Hana was curious as to who had managed to have that effect on the people and she saw they were all looking at a girl with long dark brown hair. A very, very pretty girl. Very, very scary too. She has this cold aura to her.

'Kang Hana.' Hana was too busy looking at the girl that she didn't notice her name was called. When everyone turned to look at her, she was wide eyed, like a deer caught in headlights.

The Soojung girl started making her way to her and Hana assumed, they must've been tent-mate.

Just my luck.

Hana tried to give the girl her most genuine smile and to her surprise, the pret

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter