● 28

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N; This chapter featured mini random scenes through out their exam month, in chronological order.

'Good morning, Mrs Kwon.' Kyungsoo greeted.

It was the first day of school after summer break. Everyone was still in the holiday mood despite the two preliminary test that they will be sitting for in a few weeks time.

'Good morning.' Mrs. Kwon replied. 'How was your holiday ?'

A chaos of student's voices, shouting all sorts of answers and grunting about needing the holiday to be extent, erupted through the previously quiet classroom. The senior teacher just smiled at her student's childish complains.

'I could let you guys off for another month and it still won't suffice, right ?' said Mrs Kwon. 'That aside, I need to remind you guys that the PCSAT is nearing and we will begin preparing for it starting today.'

Only sighs and groans were heard as a reply.

'Your CSAT simulation test will be held on 19th July while your NUAT on 31st. That's a few weeks from now so I hope you guys have prepared enough. Although this is not your CSAT exam, it is still very important.' She reminded sternly. 'Your new extra curricular timetable will be given after your recess. Study hard.'

Mrs. Kwon left the room after mentioning Kyungsoo to meet her afterwards. It was as if the mood was switched, everyone took out their books and started revising.

Taehyung looked at Hana who was also taking out her physics note and exercise sheets. He sigh, knowing very well that once she started burying her face in the book, she already blocked everything around her.

He figured that he should be studying too, so he went to his locker and brought his biology reference and exercise books to his table. With a dejected sigh, he started to read all the facts and names, boring it into his mind.

The upcoming weeks will be a long, dready one. He knew it.

❄❄❄❄❄

'How was it ?' Sehun asked Taehyung as they walked side by side out of the examination hall.

Taehyung just shrugged, 'I don't know. Some of it were okay, although I was stuck on several questions.'

'I hope that NUAT is better.' The two boys head towards the gate before bidding goodbye to each other.

Taehyung eyes roamed around in search of Hana but she was nowhere to be seen. He took out his phone to give her a call since she was staying over at his house. Her dad just got home after a three days trip yesterday.

Suddenly, someone nudged him from behind, 'Looking for your damsel in distress ?'

Taehyung spun around to see the owner of the voice he knew so well, 'Have you seen her ? She's short and illogically hideous and never shut up.'

Hana's smirk turn into a frown, 'Ha. Ha. Very funny.'

Taehyung laugh at how quickly her mood change, 'Oh, here she is !'

'You must be so happy, huh ? Was that test easy ?' She snickered.

'It was pretty hard actually but seeing your depressed face, all my worries went out of the window.' He slung his arm around her shoulder and walked to the car.

'Let's eat some ice cream.' She said as soon as they both got into the car.

'Anything for you, dummy.'

❄❄❄❄❄

'Kim Taehyung, are you even reading ?' Hana kicked his knees.

They were in Taehyung's backyard, enjoying the summer while revising. Both of them were cozily sitting on the outdoor daybed with cushions and books sprawled around them. Hana was sitting cross legged in the pool of pillows, reading through her history notes with Taehyung by her side.

Taehyung, on the other hand has been reading the same lines about the digestive system in a ruminant since the last fifteen minutes, but nothing got in his head.

'Nothing sticks. I can't get a freaking word to stay in my brain. I need rest.' He sighed as he placed his books on the glass table at the side of the daybed.

Hana rolled her eyes, 'This is your third break in the last two hours.'

'I need to sleep this time. I need power sleep. I can't just look at the green plants with hope that I'll feel refreshed because all these green plants do the worst job of rejuvenating my sense.' Hana chuckled at his long complaint.

'You sure are one lazy for one of the best student.' She shook her head and continued with her revision.

Suddenly, Taehyung laid his head on her lap, 'Wake me up in 15 minutes.'

Hana was speechless, blinking her eyes at the sleeping figure on her lap. Her heart was going on a dangerous pace and she could hear it. She just wished he didn't.

After gathering herself together, she continued with her history notes. She was so lost in memorizing the facts and dates that she didn't notice that she was playing with his hair.

She flicked her wrist to see the time on her watch. It's been 20 minutes already. She was about to wake him up but then his peaceful face that couldn't hid his tiredness, stopped her.

They had been studying their off these past couple of weeks and she noticed the dark circles under his eyes.

Another ten minutes wouldn't hurt, right ?

❄❄❄❄❄

'Taehyung, have you finished with the carrots ?' Haemi asked as she continued stirring the stew.

'Why can't I cut it thinly ?' He sighed exasperately while starring at the chopping mess.

Hana giggled watching his defeated face, 'That's because you obviously have no talent in the kitchen, Tae.'

Haemi laughed along. She had insisted that the both of them should just concentrated on studying but Hana had persuaded her into letting the girl help her cook.

Taehyung, can't manage to have the two woman ganged up together, had forced them to let him join. Although Haemi was sure, it was more that he can't stand separating with Hana for more than three minutes.

'Get out of here, Kim Taehyung, before you ruined the rest of the dinner.' Haemi pushed him as she crossed the island to get to the fridge.

He slumped on the island's stool and watched as the two work their ways around the kitchen effortlessly.

'I swear, if I hadn't known better, I'll think that I'm actually your adopted son.' He snickered.

'Maybe, I should do some paternity test because who knows, Tae ?' Haemi ruffled his hair as she took the carrots to add into the stew.

Hana laughed at Taehyung's mortified face. She felt warm and contented.

So this is what having a family feels like.

She had insisted on helping in the kitchen since she will be staying there again. This is her second time sleeping over at Taehyung's house since the start of the exam month. T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter