● 23

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'A penny for your thoughts.' Hanbin just came out of the shower with his hair wet, fully dress in black pants and white t shirt. He saw that Hana was sitting on the armchair that was overlooking the morning Seoul, lost in whatever was in her mind.

Hana glanced up to meet his eyes when she heard him. She raised her opened palm to his face with a mischievous glint in her eyes, 'Where ?'

Hanbin laughed when he got her joke. He went to the bedside table and take out a dollar then slapped it onto her waiting hand. Hana smiled and kept the money in her pocket. Hanbin sat opposite her, drying his hair, 'I've paid. Now spill.'

'I'm worried about Taehyung.' Hana whispered. She had told Hanbin about Taehyung. Hanbin didn't believe that they were just friends but she convinced him. Or at least she thought she did. 'He hasn't been answering my calls and he never did that.'

Hanbin stared at his little sister's troubled face. She liked him. It was so obvious but he wanted her to figure it out herself. 'Are you kidding me ? You're obsessed with the guy. He hasn't been returning your calls for what, two days of summer holiday and you already look this bad ? Give me a break. No wait, give him a break !'

Hana kicked Hanbin's leg, 'I'm worried. Not obsess. Please do not feed your deluded mind.'

'Hana, he might have something to do. It's summer. He might be enjoying it with his family.' Hanbin tried to reassure Hana.

'Why didn't he tell me ?' Hana mumbled.

Hanbin chuckled at her attachments, 'Who are you ? His wife ?'

Hana blushed at his statement. She seemed flabbergasted, 'Well- n-no obviously !!'

'I was kidding.' Hanbin stood up and ruffled her hair. 'If you're so worried, let's go to his house. See if he's home.'

'Really ?' Hana quickly stood.

Hanbin shook his head, 'Are you sure you don't like this guy ?'

Hana blinked. She had always see Taehyung as someone she could rely on. Her best friend she didn't thought she'll get when she moved here. Someone that could make her laugh and spill everything about her past. Did she likes him ?

No. No way. She couldn't do that to their friendship. Wait, what was she even think ? She didn't like him that way !!

Hana quickly went out of the hotel room in her jeans and a lavender cotton t-shirt that Hanbin bought for her at Myeongdong, two days ago. They went down into the carpark and head towards Hanbin's coupe.

Hanbin looked at Hana's jeans, one of the many that they took from her house yesterday morning when they noticed their dad's car was not parked outside.

'It's so hot.' Hana complained.

'Why didn't you wear a short or something ? Not that I want you to show your legs around but almost every girls are wearing shorts in this weather.' Hanbin said, his eyes fixed on the road.

Hana in her breath at Hanbin's question. She never wear shorts because that would definitely reveal her scarred thigh. What excuse can she gave Hanbin if he saw it ?

'My legs are too precious to be seen by the mens alike.'

Hanbin snorted, 'Then stop complaining, idiot.'

Hana smacked his arm, 'Shut up.'

Hana started to guide Hanbin with the direction to Taehyung's house. Her heart started to beat faster as they nearing. Hana could see the balcony that Taehyung and her sat when he brought her here the last time.

Hanbin parked his car at the gate and they went out. Hana rang the bell but no one came out. The house looked empty but all the cars were parked neatly. Even Mr. Kim's Benz that he drives to work everyday and Taehyung's Audi.

'I don't know, Hana. I don't think there's anyone in the house.' Hanbin said after they had waited in front of the house for a good fifteen minutes.

Hana stared gloomily at the house and sighed defeatedly, 'I guess.'

'They might be traveling somewhere. Don't worry. I'm sure he'll call you when he comes back.' Hanbin said as she guided Hana back to the car.

Hana suddenly thought of the phone call that Taehyung made the first day of summer break. He had called her that evening when she was at the park with Hanbin. He sounded like he wanted to tell her something but ended up asking her to have fun.

Hana stared in regret at Taehyung's house that slowly disappearing through the side mirror. She should've pushed him to say whatever he was going to say.

'What do you want to eat ?' Hanbin asked.

'Patbingsu.' Hana mumbled.

Hanbin can't help but let out an incredulous laugh, 'There's nothing that could get in the way of you and food is it ?'

Hana rolled her eyes before laughing along. Hanbin always know what to say to make her feel better.

They went to eat patbingsu and then decided to watch a movie. The movie ended around eight and Hana was already hungry.

'Hanbeennnn, I'm hungry.' She wrapped her hands around Hanbin's arm.

'What do you want for dinner, spoiled brat ?' Hanbin stared at Hana affectionately. He was glad Hana did not dwell on the absence of Taehyung. He didn't like it when Hana was down.

Hana hold her stomach,  'Anything. As long as I can eat it.'

'I know a place that I used to eat with Jiwon. It's western. Are you okay with that ?' Hanbin suggested.

'Yes, please.'

They went to the said restaurant and Hana struggled to maintain her poise and manners when she had a taste of the tender baked salmon.

Hana closed her eyes and she mumbled with a full mouth,'This is so good.'

Hanbin just chuckled at her adorable reaction, 'Told you.'

They were enjoying their dinner before heading back to the hotel room. Hana was already sleepy throughout the car ride.

Hanbin patted Hana's cheek, 'Sleepy head, we're here.'

Hana whimpered, 'I want to sleep.'

'Upstairs.' Hana wouldn't budge so Hanbin took Hana and piggy back her to the lift, all the way up to their floor.

Hana tugged on Hanbin's hair, 'You're uncomfortable.'

'Shut up before I drop you here, ungrateful pig.' Hana just continued to tug in his hair.

They made it to the room and Hanbin dropped Hana on the bed. Hana rolled around until she was lying on her stomach.

Hanbin went to wash himself and came out to Hana already dozing off. He shook her head.

'Wake up. Go wash your face and change your clothes.' Hanbin pulled Hana's leg. Hana tried to kicked him off but Hanbin's grip was strong.

'Fine, fine.' Hana sat up with disheveled hair and an annoyed, half asleep face. She dragged her feet to the bat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter