● 22

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Taehyung ! We have to go. The flight is an hour from now.' My mom's loud voice broke me from my trance of thoughts. Mostly of Hana. 

 

'Okay, mom ! I'll be there in a minute.' I yelled back so she could hear me from downstairs. I looked around the room. I ran a last minute virtual checklist in my head, just in case I forget anything. Once I felt like I have everything I need, I left my room and descended the steps of the stairs with a heavy heart. 

 

I went out to our front yard. The MPV that will take us to the airport was parked in front of the door. The driver was loading the luggages into the car with the help of my dad. 

 

My dad noticed me and smiled so wide. I can't put up an attitude. It's not fair for them. My dad made some time away from his busy schedule for me. So I smiled back.

 

'Let's go. Climb up, Tae. We have to go now before it's late.' My dad gestured for me to get in the car and I did. I sat next to the window and rested my head on the glass. 

 

We passed Hana's neighborhood on our way to the airport and I was about to my close my eyes when I saw them, from the corner of my eyes, playing at the park with Hanbin. I can't believe I could see her for the last time before boarding. My eyes stayed on her until we rounded a corner and the only thing I had was a picture of her laughing on the swing in my mind. 

 

I closed my eyes then. The hummed of the engine helped calm me down. The serious conversation between my parents about the trip filled my ears but my mind were elsewhere. 

 

We arrived half an hour later and rushed to the departure. My dad took care of all the necessary things and I just hold on to the the things that will take me away from here, my passport and plane ticket. 

 

We boarded the plane once everything was ready. I put my phone in plane mode. No more calls or messages from Hana after this. That was it.

 

I threw my gaze outside the small window once I sat down. The stewardess finished explaining the usual emergency instructions. I don't even hear a thing. The plane took off soon after. I stared at the city that was growing smaller by the distance. 

 

Realizing that it only hurts more to look outside, I put on my earphones and closed my eyes. I tried to sleep. Sleep off everything that I have left behind.

 

My mind, my heart, Hana.

 

❄❄❄❄❄

 

[Author's POV]

 

'I'm going to fall !' Hana shrieked as Hanbin pushed the swing with all his force. He just laughed at his sister's terrified face. He stopped the swing nonetheless. 

 

'You won't, drama queen.' Hana flinched at Hanbin's words. She was suddenly reminded of Taehyung. She wanted to call him then but she accidentally left her phone at the hotel Hanbin was staying. 

 

Hanbin didn't notice the flinch as he was heading towards the slide and sat at the opened end of it. Hana made her way to her brother.

 

'Want to go anywhere ?' Hanbin asked excitedly. He was so thrilled to see Hana after so many years apart. He had missed her so much. He looked for her everywhere when he suddenly heard that they was a new transferred student named Kang Hana, from his friend that was in the same school as Hana now.

 

He tried not to get his hopes up because if there's anything he learned from years of searching, there's more Kang Hana in South Korea than he had expected. However, he can't help but wish he got the right one this time.

 

He went to Hana's school but they were too many students and he can't just go to the office and request to see her. With his friends helped, he found out where Hana lived. He went there but there wasn't anyone at home so he waited. 

 

He was in his car, ready to go back to his hotel room after another futile day when he saw them. Hana and Taehyung. They were walking towards the house, eating ice creams. Taehyung was on the outside of the road so Hanbin can't have a good look on Hana. 

 

The dark night didn't really help as he can't even tell the colour of Hana's hair. He lowered the window to have a better view. Hana turned around to face Taehyung and the small light on the porch allowed Hanbin to see Hana's face clearly. He almost went out of his car to hug Hana but he hold himself. Although it's the same chestnut brown hair that he used to braid and the same features that resembled their mother, he wants to really confirm it. 

 

He saw them talking on the front gate and gasped when Hana kissed Taehyung's forehead. Without him realizing, a chuckle escaped his lips. Is this guy her boyfriend ? He seemed nice, Hanbin had thought. Hanbin smiled watching Taehyung's reaction towards the kiss. The latter guy just stood still with a blush so deep. Hanbin went out of the car. The guy finally turned around and walked away with a huge grin on his face. 

 

Hanbin wanted to greet him but thought better of it. Hanbin was caught off guard when Taehyung looked his way so he just went inside the car and drove away. He decided to meet Hana on the last day of school. So he did and here they were, playing in the park like the good old times.

 

Hanbin looked at Hana with her hair the he had fishtail braided this morning in her jeans and Hanbin's black t-shirt. Their father was home and Hana said she can't go out if she came home yesterday. So Hanbin had lent her his shirt. 

 

She climbed up the steps to get to the top of the slides. Hanbin chuckled at her childishness. She slides down and Hanbin quickly scrambled to stand up. 

 

'You were going to get f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter