● 14

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Where are you going, Taehyung ? It's Sunday morning. Usually, you're not even up now.' My father asked curiously.

 

'Oh, dad. I um, you know, meeting a friend.' I rubbed my neck. I can't say I was going to go to the cafe that Hana works at. He will think I haven't gotten over Hana and then he'll start to worry. 

 

'It's 8 in the morning, Tae. Besides, you don't have friends. Doesn't go with the cool, cold vibe you're going with.' My dad teased, recieving a grunt from me. 

 

'I do have friends. I just choose not to spend my valuable time with them.' 

 

'What about today ? Your time isn't valuable ?' My mom, that just came in from the kitchen, laughed. She put the omelette on the dining table.

 

'Whoever you're meeting, have breakfast first. Or else, I won't allow you to leave.' My mom took a plate and motion for me to sit at the table. I grabbed the plate and did as I was told.

 

'Are you meeting Hana ?' My mom asked suddenly. 

 

'I don't know.' I hesitated before answering.

 

'What do you mean you don't know ?' My father asked, perplexed. 

 

'Well, I'm going to her workplace, to see if she's there. If she comes to work then I'll be seeing her.' I figured there's no use trying to hid my plans.

 

'Don't push her, Taehyung. Give her some space.' I just nodded at my mom's advice. After finished eating, I got up and head to the cafe with high hopes.

 

❄❄❄❄❄

 

The coffee shop was having quite a number of customers as it was a Sunday morning. I walked in to the familiar warmth and aroma of my favorite drink. My eyes scanned around the shop hoping to find the girl I had been worried sick of, but to no avail. 

 

I made my way to the counter, figured that I might as well get my coffee now that I'm here. The girl working at the counter was one that I was rather familiar of, since she usually have the same shift as Hana. The queue wasn't that long and it was finally my turn.

 

'Oh, Taehyung.' She recognizes me immediately.

 

'Hey, Yura.' I read her name tag. Thank god they have one. 'Is Hana working today ?' 

 

'She took a sick leave. She called in yesterday to give us an early notice.' 

 

'Is that so ? Well, not my luck.' I said, disappointed. 'I'll have an americano then.'

 

Yura looked surprised to hear my order, and to be frank, I was too. I don't hate americano but I don't usually like my coffee too bitter. Maybe, nothing was usual anymore. Besides, the thought of bitterness in the americano sounded relieving.

 

'Not your usual ?' She said, but still tap in my order in the machine. 

 

'No, not today.' She didn't asked any more, which I was glad for. My coffee was done soon after and I went out with a heavy heart. On my may to the car, I took a sip of the americano. The bitterness ran down my throat. I suddenly crave the sweetness of my caramel macchiato.

 

I miss my coffee and I miss my girl.

 

 

❄❄❄❄❄

 

'Who's absent today, Kyungsoo ?' Mrs. Kwon asked our class monitor. It's the class teacher's period to take in attendance and to give any news or reports to the students. 

 

'Oh Sehun and Kang Hana.' I sighed at Kyungsoo's answer. I came in earlier today, thinking I'd have some time to talk to Hana before the class start but that irresponsible idiot didn't even show up ! 

 

'No announcement for today. Thank you, class.' Mrs. Kwon exited the classroom and the next teacher entered. 

 

I didn't even pay attention in the class for today. My mind was filled with worries. Did something happen to Hana or was she still shaken up by the incident at the mall ?

 

I took out the list from my notebook. Scanning through the thin paper, I thought of all the things that might be happening to her if she didn't get home last Saturday but quickly dismissed it since she called the cafe to informed her absence. So she must be okay, right ?

 

The bell rang, cutting odd my trail of thoughts. I folded the paper neatly and shoved it in my pocket, making my way to the vending machine to buy my coffee.

 

I went to the rooftop, straight to the railing that overlooked the field. The coffee reminded me of the bet that reminded me of Hana. It tasted bland all of a sudden. I thre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter