● 13

SHENANIGANS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Taehyung's pov]

It's 11 a.m. and I haven't slept a wink since last night.

 

'Taehyung, honey, please. If you didn't want to come down for breakfast, at least eat this food ?' My mom knocked on my door. 'I put it in front of your door, okay ?'

 

I quickly got up from my bed and skipped to the door. As I opened the door, my mom was placing the tray of food down on the floor. I crouched down and take it from her hands.

 

'You don't have to trouble yourself by bringing it upstairs, mom.' I smiled, hoping it will ease my mom's worries. 

 

'If I didn't bring it up, you won't eat it, right ? I know you, Taehyung. I know you're sad now but you still have to eat.' Her eyes bore into mine, glum.

 

'Don't worry, mom. I'm okay. I'll eat, okay ? I love you, mom.' I kissed her cheek. Her face looked a little relieved but the crestfallen look hasn't leave her pretty face.

 

I shut my door when my mom started to descend the stairs. I went inside my room, placing the tray of food on the table. Guilty at the thought of lying to my mom, I grabbed a hashbrown and took a bite. After gulping down a glass of warm milk, I made my way to the bed.

 

I laid down, staring at my white ceiling. I shut my eyes off, trying to get some sleep but it's futile. The thoughts of Hana didn't leave my mind once. I kept on thinking of how awful it has been for her. On top of being abused by her own father, her brother that she loves so much leave her. As if that's not enough, she was .

 

I threw my pillow across the room and ran my fingers through my hair. I have this anger building up inside of me that I need to vent. I want to kill someone. I need to kill someone. Jaebum. Yes, I need to kill that son of a bitc-

 

I exhaled a huge breath, trying to calm myself down. Yesterday's incident came to mind.

 

Last night I went home after sitting in my car for a good half an hour. My clothes were still damp but I took off my dripping wet jacket. I opened the door thinking my mom and dad was already asleep but turned out I was wrong. 

 

Due to the heavy rain and all the calls unanswered, they waited for me. My mom immediately rushed to me once I closed the door.

 

'Taehyung, why are you wet ? Did you parked outside the building ? Taehyung, did something happened ?' My mom bombarded me with question but I didn't have any energy to reply. I was too tired.

 

'Taehyung, what happened ? Didn't the date went well ? Taehyung. Why aren't you answering ? Is it Hana ?' My dad worried face made me feel terrible.

 

I couldn't hold it in the end. A thousand horrible feelings rushed into me. I looked at my mom and I just want her comfort right now. I went to hug her and broke down. I haven't cried for so long that it caught my parents by surprised. She patted my hair, returning my embrace and my dad rubbed my shoulder. 

 

'Taehyung, baby, it's okay. Sometimes things don't go the way we plan.' My mom's soothing voice brought a sense of comfort in me.

 

'Your mom's right. Things sometimes didn't turn out the way we expect them to but that's okay, son.'

 

I wanted to laugh. They must've thought that I confessed then got rejected by Hana. Maybe they aren't entirely wrong. Hana did reject my offer to send her home. I wasn't much help and she must've known that. I cursed inwardly, regretting why I couldn't be a better friends for her. 

 

I didn't bother to correct the misunderstanding with my parents. I just let them think that I got rejected. It's easier that way. I wouldn't want to talk about anything that has happened that day. 

 

I went to my room then after assuring my parents that I'm fine. They didn't buy it though, but I was glad they finally let me go to my room. I was dead tired but I can't seem to sleep.

 

I texted Hana, asking her if she has reached home. I wanted to call but I don't think she'll answer. I was worried and no replies from her didn't help ease that.

 

I still haven't gotten any

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter