oo1

Neithdar

Somi’s finger approached the white curtain before the window. Her eyesight fixed on the woman who is sleeping on the bed,she barely could hear her breathe due to the sound of downpour in this early morning. She’s going to wait until the sun could be seen and the heat could be feel,to go to the market. Before that,she hurriedly making a breakfast for herself and her mum who still in the dreamland.

“Soup and bread sounds nice,”she grinned.  “What I’m talking about…That’s what I’m always fill up my stomach for breakfast,”she shaked her head. Well,she would like to sounds like an other girls who love to wake up in the morning and take a smell of nice breakfast that come from kitchen which made by their mums. How she jealous of that.

She poured the soup in the bowl and put it carefully on the small old wood table that placed on the center of kitchen. With a three chairs together. She reached a loaf of breads in the cabinet and put it beside the bowl. Then,could be heard there is sounds of knocking on the door. Which make Somi fastly running to there worriedly. “It must be Mrs.Sun”.

What she said is true. Mrs.Sun appeared before her eyes while petting her Chihuahua that wore a pink ribbon. Somi personally hate that dog. Like seriously,she hates Chihuahua. No,just that dog. The name is Pinky. Which is not really fit it. Doesn’t mean it wore pink ribbon she could be called Pinky. It’s disgusting. Somi still remember the day when Pinky bite her arm.

“Good morning Mrs.Sun,”Somi smile awkwardly. She doesn’t have an enough money to pay the rent. If she did,there’s nothing to be eaten for this evening or tomorrow. Well,it’s winter right now. All she can do for survive is knitting the beanie or sweater and sell it to the market. Beside that,searching for firewoods in the forest.

“You look great today,”she yawn. “I know you will be scared if I ask you to pay the rent for this moment,am I right?,”she smirk and again,yawn. Of course that’s true. She grinned. “I’m not here for that,”that statement make Somi kind of relieved. So,what’s the point? It can’t be that she came to visit.

“Then..Why you came?”

“So rude,can’t I?”

“..Of course you can,”Somi become restless while give a sidelong glance to Pinky. Looks like it might attack her anytime. Just like before. “I want you to putting up this poster at the market on the wall of hallway. I was ordered to do it..Well I don’t have a time to do such of thing. You could,do you?,”she asked with an annoyed face.

“Of course…But can you lowering the price of the rent?,”with a hope she said and her clear eyes that shining begging for that. Mrs.Sun shrink the eyes and sighed heavily and rolled her eyes the second later. Somi still waiting patiently. “Depends on your work,”she handed the poster and leave with a footsteps that could be hear clearly.

Somi smiled gratefully. She dancing through the house and humming happily. She softly kiss her mum on her forehead. She told her to eat soup with a bread. She doesn’t worried if she left her mom by herself while she went to market or to forest. Her mum would not do anything harmful. She stays quiet and sit on the bed while staring the window. But it’s kind of dangerous when evening is approaching. Kids will come and caused a stir. Mocking Somi and her mum. When it happens,Somi would scolding and chasing them with a old broom. That make her looks like a bad witch. Sometimes Somi could get hurt due to a stones that they throw. She could just stay calm and stay in the house but they would not stop and throwing the stones for such a long period. Sometimes the windows get broken and her mum might feel disturbed.

She make a step to the market with a cold breath puffs came from . She take out the poster and frowning. “A chance to go to the Pearl Private High School in Dandelion Town,”she read it while pucked her lips. The sign of focusing.

“Dandelion Town?,”she interested with the title of this poster. Why did Mrs.Sun was told to spread this poster all around the market or maybe in this Wallflower Town? Since when? Did she join the society association or what?. Well,Somi knew that every year Dandelion town will spread this exciting news. The most developed town in Neithdar.

“Is that mean..I could get a chance to go there?,”she said to herself. She doesn’t realize that she already arrived in front of the gate of market. The guards open it for her. One of them keep steal a glance to her while hiding his smile. Somi keep walking to the hallway not to any stall. She put up the poster. Wait..

“What If..It’s only me who knew this information? The chance of me picked by them get higher!,”she get excited and humming happily. But it’s going to be more suspicious,people would get wondering where’s the poster as well for other person who hope to get chosen this year.

“Jeez…Do it fairly,right? That’s better,”with a heavy sighed she put up all the poster on the wall and with a lazy step she went to the classic clothe shop. Old Lady,the owner might waited for her to get the sweaters and the beanie that knitted by Somi.

“What took you so long?,”she asked.

“Well..I have to put up this poster,”Somi said while show off the poster to the Old Lady. She read it while shrink her eyes. “Don’t tell me you want to go there,”she whispered to Somi’s ear. Somi lift her left eyebrows.

“Why did you asked like that?”

“Well..It’s a long story darling..But you better don’t have any plan to be chosen as the student in Pearl Private High School,”she seems like serious to tell this information. Somi gulped her saliva. But she have her own strong reason to be there.

“I’m not really want to be the student of Pearl Private High School..But I want to be someone that could make me entered Dandelion Town,”as she said that,the Old Lady lift her forehead. Seems confuse and her mind thinking of something.

“What do you mean?”

Somi take a breath. “I want to find my father. My biological father,”she bites her lips. “I need to find him,Old Lady”

“It’s a impossible”

“But there’s always a chance behind a impossibility. I believe I could get the chance”

“Darling,chance not given to all of people in this world”

“Then why it always have a second chance for people while there’s no for all?,”that words make the Old Lady fall into silent. “You said a wise words..Somi..But still..”

“Old Lady..You knew right? My mum condition? Mine? What I go through this whole times. I’m not really strong..I’m..I’m pathetic for the truth…,”she put her eyesight on the floor. “I have a dreams. And that dreams could be fade by my nightmares if I’m not wake up”

“Is there any guarantee if you could find your father,your mum would become better and able to speak again? And your life would be more better than this?”

“There’s nothing to lose”

The Old Lady bites her lips and take a heavy breath. “I can’t say anything more. There’s no use of talking back to you. Since it’s your life and your decision. I have no right. But I hope you will find your father in Dandelion Town. I bet it’s not easy”

“I’m aware of it,”she replied. “But..Old Lady,could you give me some information about Dandelion Town? You seems know something,”she said.

“I know something..I used to be the citizen of Dandelion Town,back when I’m a young girl”

“I never knew”

“I never told you,”two of them laughed. The Old Lady told her something that make her keep concentrate. Make her more determined to go to Dandelion Town. There’s something make her curious. Make her felt something of something she could not figured out. But for sure,she need to go to there.

 

….

 

That night,she make sure her mum sleep soundly before she get out from the house with a torch. The breeze is really cold but not the spirit of Somi to walk to Mr.Lee office. It will be closed at 10pm and Somi should be fast. She’s not walking but running. He’s the person who is tasked to picked the students.

The Old Lady told her that election session conducted secretly. It could be said that we need to personally meet him and give him something. But,Somi have nothing to offer beside of firewoods and sweaters. She knocked the door.

“Excuse me,sir”

A guy around middle of fourthy sit on the chair with a spectale hang on his high nose. He barely have a hair,with a distended belly and unbuttion shirts that show off his sleeveless white T. “Why are you here,young lady?,”he asked.

“I’m here to..Asking you,could you picked me to be a student of Pearl Private High School?,”as she said that,he smirk and lift his eyebrows. Seems like he knew what Somi already knew. “I have something to offer you,sir. Here’s a sweater that keep you warm,knitted by me”

He stood and crossed his arms. “Is there anything else you could offer me?”

“…Sorry sir..I..I don’t,”she could smell the scent of failure. Is this mean she must give up on this?. Why the election is depend on what we could offer?. That means,rich kids could easily passed and entered Dandelion Town?. Bet people in there live in luxury. But she desperately need to go to Dandelion Town. She needs to find her biological father.

“I’m sorry,seems like I don’t have any chance..”

“Who said so? You seems have a bright future to get the chance”

Somi smiled widely. Is that true?. “Is there something like interview or anything?,”she bites her lips. Hiding her excitements. Mr.Lee smirk. “Kind of,”he stand before Somi. “I know you have something to offer”

“But sir..I’m really don’t have anything”

“No..It’s before my eyes..Something you could offer”

Somi fall into the silent. What does that means? What he trying to say? “What?,”she frightened as soon as Mr.Lee hold her shoulder with a wicked smile. She’s trying her best to push him away and get out from the office but seems he’s more robust. “Just enjoyed this moment for a while,and you will be chosen to be a student of Pearl Private High School student”

“But not in this way!”

He hug her waist and tried to kiss her but failed. “Listen young lady,other kids that want to go there use a money and mostly a person that have an ability to be a great person. Beside that,really talented. You have nothing. Spend a night with me,go there safely and graduated successfully”

Somi fall into silent. She doesn’t want lose her ity just because this unfair rule and by a stranger. She cried and keep against that man. “Mr.Lee,are you playing with a minor these days?,”there’s voice of someone behind the door that opened. A guy with a light brown hair entered the office.

“What the are you doing here?,”Mr.Lee was annoyed and angry. Because of the lamb that act like a wolf interrupt him to eat up the innocent lamb. “No..What the you are doing,”he asked Mr.Lee. Somi glad that boy come to the office and as well saved her life by that. “I’m doing an interview for the student that want to go to your in school”

“With groping her flat chest and make her your dirty ?”

“Kai..Shut the up,why the you came here?”

The boy with the name Kai smirk and give a sidelong glance for a moment to Somi. “Well,Mrs.Principle told me to pick up the list of students,no,actually she asked Mr.Yu but since I love to get out from there,I volunteered”

“You ,who will believe you just come here just to pick up the list of students?”

“You’re right.I came here as well to report that you ed during your free times,be a molester and accepted a bribes ,”he said that daringly. Mr.Lee almost burst out into anger but seems like he hold it pretty great. “Hey you molested girl,”he took her hand. “Let’s go before he you and make you pregnant and throw you into ground alive”

Somi become speechless and dragged out from there. Out of the office,Somi could see there’s a few guys with a tough body waiting for him,Kai. “So..What’s your name,molested girl?”

“…Somi,”she answered with a low voice. “Congratulation,you are chosen to be a student of Pearl Private High School,”he take a breath deeply. “Jeez..Why the you desperately want to be the student of that crap school? Even want to let your ity take in pawn,”he shaked his head. Somi keep silent. She doesn’t want to lose her ity by that ect man and entered PPHS. She tried her best to against him.

“Just go back to your home. Tomorrow evening,make sure you brought your luggage and wait in front of Wallflower Town gate. There’s another few students that will be together with you. Make sure don’t make an eye contact with that rotten pig tomorrow,unless you want to have a sugar daddy”

After he said that,he left with a few of tough guy. Somi could hear he ask one of those tough guy to go to any bar and have a beer. As that,the tough guy pull his ear. Somi could not believe it. She could be a student of PPHS. Beside of that,she doesn’t need to lose anything. Wait,she left the sweater. Nah,it’s not important,she could make it more and sell it to the Old Lady. It’s tomorrow evening,a start for her to find her father.

 


Hello guys,I'm sorry if there's any mistake. I'm so blind lmao I don't know which it is if it's there. Please leave your feedback! I lav ya