Noona!

Rian and Yong-Guk: Meeting His Family

Where are we going now?” Rian asked as she sat next to Yongguk as they were leaving Yongnam’s house. 

My studio. I want to show you what I have been working on.

Will I get to meet any of your friends?” Rian questioned as she adjusted her seatbelt.

Most of them. Daehyun is the only one who won’t be there because he wanted to go to some food convention this weekend.

Oh. Can we go there instead?

You would rather see an assortment of freshly prepared foods of various cultures than see the working environment of your boyfriend?

Heck yeah!

Too bad you are mine for today. We have already lost a lot of time arguing and I want to spend the rest of it loving you.

Rian pinched Yongguk’s cheek jokingly. “Aww. Is someone getting soft on me now.”

If you want to go we can.” Yongguk took Rian’s hand from his face and held it in his hand. “It can be my apology to you.”

Nice try. You can’t apologize using my idea.

I was kidding. I got another surprise for you instead.

“What is it?

Sorry, my English is not good.” Rian pouted at Yongguk’s remark. She did the same thing whenever she wanted to avoid answering something.

Really?” Rian stated as she crossed her arms over her chest. "You can't play the language card. That's my thing."

“Come on we're here.” 

“This is where all the magic happens,” Yongguk said as he held the door open for Rian as they exited the elevator on the third floor. “ In here is where all the artist will record their tracks.” Yongguk pointed through a glass pane that showed a studio that looked finished. “There are eight of these as of right now but depending on how big we become we have space to add more. We are going to start auditions in a couple of months depending on how fast everything finishes.”

“Nice.”

“On the first floor there is going to be a cafeteria for the employees which was a work in progress when we came in. On this floor, there will be a cafeteria for the artist, and at the end of the day all the food will be taken to a shelter a couple blocks away.”

“Wow.”

Yongguk led Rian up some stairs to the fourth floor to show her the business sector of the building. “And the third floor will have dance studios, with wall to wall sound proof walls so each group can perform simultaneously without disrupting each other. It’s not all worked out yet, but that is about it for now.

“You’re gonna be a big shot now, huh?” Rian said as she jokingly punched him in the arm. 

“I guess so.” Yongguk replied a he rubbed his arm. For Yongguk, this was the main event of Rian coming to visit him. For the past year and a half, they had seen each other when their schedules allowed, and he finally wanted to show Rian what he had been working towards this whole time. He wanted Rian to have a reason to believe still in him, and he hoped that showing her this would do just that. “Rian, can I ask you something?” 

Rian sat on a stool and was playing around with the microphones. “Sure.” 

“Are you proud of me?”

“What?” Rian asked as she adjusted the height of the mike to her 5’8 frame.

“Are you proud of me?” Yongguk held the mike away from her to regain her attention, only to be greeted by a pout.

“Why does that matter. As long as you’re happy with yourself what I or anyone else thinks shouldn’t matter.”

“I just want to know.”

“Yes, love. I am very proud of you. Now when do I get to meet your friends?” Yongguk smiled widely and kissed Rian on the cheek, before pulling away contently.

“They'll be here soon.”

“This is Jongup our lead dancer instructor. Those two are Yongjae and Himchan our vocal instructors- Daehyun also teaches singing but he’s at the convention remember, and where’s…?”

“Noona!” You and everyone’s head turned to see where the sudden exclamation came from but before you could see who it was, you felt two arms wrap around your waist, lift you off the ground and spin you around. “What are you doing here? I’ve missed you so much. How did you know I was here?” Rian tried to pry the hands off of herself as best she could and turned to be greeted by a very tall but familiar figure.

“Zelo?” Rian looked him up and down. “How did you get so tall so fast?”

“I’ve been eating my vegetables I guess,” Zelo said as Rian compared their heights with her hand. “You still haven’t’ answered my question yet.” But before Rian could respond she heard an awkward coughing and voice clearing coming from behind her. 

“How do you guys know each other?” Yongguk asked.

“Zelo was a student of mine this year. I didn’t realise he was into music let alone working with you.” Rian stated. 

“Noona, you told me you had a boyfriend, but you didn’t say it was Yongguk Hyung.” Zelo chuckled. “He’s like an old man.”

Rian playfully punched him in the arm. “Yeah, but he’s my old man,” Rian stated as Yongguk wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her to his side, and cleared his throat once more.

“…As I was saying, Zelo is another dance teacher and will be working with Jongup, and you’ll be meeting Daehyun later.

“She hasn’t met Daehyun yet?” Youngjae questioned.

“No,” Yongguk replied

“Well have you ever been to Busan before?” Jongup questioned towards Rian.

“No, but my friend who helped teach me Korean was from Busan.”

“So Rian tells us all about you,” Himchan stated.

“I would, but I will ramble too much so feel free to ask me anything?” 

“How long have you known each other?”
“We met freshman year, but we were only friends then.”

“Have you ever dated a Korean before?”
“No. Yongguk is the first guy I dated that wasn’t black.”

“Is it weird being seen in pubic?”
“It is more awkward to do so here than it is in America since it’s more diverse and Korea is remarkably homogenous.”

“How did you all meet?”
“We had the same communications class and ended up being assigned to work on this massive project that required a lot of time.”

“Who asked who out first?”
“He asked me out first.”

“Did you agree, that quickly?” Youngjae asked as Yongguk laughed and then Rian smiled. “What? Why are you guys laughing?”
“I said yes eventually, but I gave him a hard time,” Rian replied.

“Why?”
“Because I was skeptical, and didn’t take him seriously. The friends of mine who had been in relationships had all had bad experiences because people just wanted to use us or have ‘their taste of the jungle’ whatever that means. Plus, his accent was crazy thick, and I figured communicating would be an issue.” 

“How many times did it take for you to say yes?”

Rian counted the times on her fingers and the more the counted, the more the rest of the boys started to laugh. “12 times.”

“It was not that many! It was three times max.!”

“Nope. There was that time you asked me during class, the time you asked me in McDonald's, the time you left a note under my door, the time you sent left me that creepy serial killer note, the time you sang…”

“Who was singing?” Rian turned her attention to the door, to be greeted by yet another new face. “You must be Yongguk’s lady friend?” Daehyun questioned as he gestured towards you. 

“Yeah, and you must be the food lover of the group.” Rian extended her hand for a handshake, only to be swatted away and embraced in a bear hug.

“Can’t…Breath…slow-ly…dying…” You would have continued to struggle breathing had Yongguk not pulled you from his arms.

“Why are all of you so touchy-feely today?”

“Don’t be jealous Hyung, I just want to welcome our newfound friend that you’ve been keeping from us for so long.” Daehyun took a seat next to Youngjae.

“…so what were we all talking about before my grand entrance?”

(a/n* Re-edited beyond this point...)

“Noona was telling us how Hyung had to beg her to go our with him.” Jongup started before Youngjae interupted.

"Yeah! Turns out hyung isn't the swooning casanova we once thought he was." 

"Really?" Daehyun said as leaned back on his seat. "If it is as difficult as they say I can only image how your first date must have been."

Yongguk face turned bright red and put his face in his hands. Rian started to laugh as she started to divulge all about their first date."Oh my goodness let me tell you..." As Rian continued to talk more Yongguk became more and more quiet. Considering that Rian was so nervous earlier Yonggu found it rather interesting how easily she was talking about their relationship. There were a few times when Rian said a word wrong or when the guys misunderstood her, but in the end they all seemed to be getting along really well. 

...

"Rian if you're a business marketing major you should help us get things started here." Yongguk had dozed off during their conversation and was greeted by the sound of Himchan's sudden statement.

"Haha yeah right? I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not Noona?" Zelo exclaimed.

"Because working with you guys would mean moving out here to Korea, and I don't think I'm ready to do that yet."

"What if you and Hyung get married? Then would you move out here?" Daehyun asked.

"Who said anything about getting married? We're just dating and besides if that time were to come it all would depend on the timing." Yongguk wanted to continue to listen more, but his stomach decided to spoil the atmosphere with a loud growl. Grrrr.

Yongguk pretended to yawn as he started to speak. "Are you guys still talking? It's getting really late."

Daehyun stood up and rubbed his belly. "Yeah I could definitely go for some cheesecake right now." Everyone began to gather their things as they prepared to leave. 

"Actually Yongguk I'm not really hungry but I am exhausted so I'll see you guys later okay?" Rian stated

At the sound of her departure, Zelo quickly turned around. "Noona I don't want you to go. It won't be any fun without you." Zelo hugged Rian around the shoulders with both arms. 

"Aniyo, I think you guys should hang out without me. I have a few things to do for your class graduation and other things to do as well." 

"If you're sure you don't want to come, I'll give you a ride back to Yongnam's house." Yongguk said flatly as he pulled Zelo's arms off of your shoulders. As they continued towards their cars, Yongguk and Rian took the time to appreciate the silence and the feeling of simply being in one another presence, before Rian decided to break it.

"Thanks for today. It was a lot of fun meeting your long-time friends."

"I felt it was the least I could since I see yours all the time, I figured this way we could be even." Yongguk smiled to himself as he opened the car door. While Yongguk drove Rian back his brother's place he decided he would make good use of this alone time with his friends. He wanted a chance to just relax and see what the guys thought of Rian. More specifically he wanted to talk to Zelo about his overly affectionate actions towards his girlfriend. IN short it would be a good opportunity for some much needed Bro-Time.

*a/n Hey guys I was wondering if there was a certain aspect of the story you need clarification on, any ideas on what you want to see in upcoming chapters, or any critiques, suggestions, recommendations you might have for me. Comment below, and don't forget to subscrible