Quiet Night

30 Ways: SpartAce
Please log in to read the full chapter
Quiet Night Theme: #30 - kiss Word Count: 1117

Sunday night.

It’s close to midnight but Ji Hyo wants to finish going through the two scripts she has on her desk. One of them is for a drama she’s working on currently. From one of the smaller broadcasting stations, with an even smaller production company that she’s never heard of but the people seemed passionate enough, they were a younger bunch. One of her girls were university friends with the director. Min Ah had only mentioned the storyline over coffee together for her auditions and Ji Hyo had been intrigued. 

The actress Song Ji Hyo was busy these days, having left the small screen of variety shows except for the ones her friends had asked her to come on. Right now, Ji Hyo fancies she’s at another point in her life where she feels the need to make more decisions by herself in terms of her acting career.

 

This older character of Bae In Seo was an interesting study. The newly hired professor in a prestigious school, somehow caught up in a turf war between three students who would grow to be powerful influencers in a turf war.

For Ji Hyo, the acting is as much inside her head as it is a part of the physical body. She knew of some cohorts, once-idols with exceptional control of their body, the slightest articulation in the wrist that called the difference between intriguing and bemused to a haughty wave of the hand. Thus Ji Hyo focused on the timbre of her voice, the diction and emphasis in her speech, how to imbue each line with intention - for such a short drama like Three Houses, there was no such thing in writing just because. They all had to mean something. 

 

She tapped on In Seo’s line, the part where she consoled the main female lead. Here invited a puzzled furrow of her brows. Why had the writer written In Seo in such a manner? She was a mentor who loved her little students, yes, but Da Gyung had committed an offense that went against her own morals. 

 

A light brush of hands against her shoulders gives her pause and follow the familiar figure of Jong Kook up towards his face. She blinks at him.

 

“When did you get home? I didn’t hear you enter-” she tilts her head up, and feels Jong Kook’s smile against her cheek in his kiss.

 

“A little while ago, recording ended earlier than usual today. You looked pretty focused, and I didn’t want to bother you… but it is fairly late, love, come to bed?”

 

“Mmm,” she makes a noise as he nuzzles the back of her neck, and wraps her arm to join his that’s around her shoulder. “You make a very tempting offer, but I sh

Please log in to read the full chapter