I'll Take Care Of You

young master (& his bodyguard)

Summary: Seungsoo gets Jongin sick.

 

 

 

"Where's Jongin?"

Seungsoo ignores Kyungsoo's question, closing the door softly just like how they were trained to do so.

Kyungsoo glares harder when he's not given any answer, only Seungsoo's bright smile as he sets the tray of food on his bedside table. It's always Jongin bringing him his breakfast. Now that he thinks about it, he didn't feel the boy slip into bed next to him last night.

"I made this myself!" Seungsoo chirps brightly. There's a plate of burnt bacon and a glass of juice. Kyungsoo feels his eye twitch, thankful at least that the eggs were somewhat decent. Jongin's cooking is still the best.

"Where's Jongin?" he repeats, bunching the blankets on his waist and frowning. Seungsoo drops the smile and mirrors his frown, only this time Kyungsoo sees the guilt through it.

"It was my fault." his brother says dryly. "I asked him to ran an errand yesterday."

Kyungsoo blinks, remembering what he did last night. He went to Baekhyun's early that morning, ended up going home late into the night because the rain was pouring hard. Jongin didn't pick him up.

"He's sick." Seungsoo finishes. He isn't surprised when Kyungsoo runs past him, barefooted and still wearing his sleepwear.






"You look... sick." is the first thing Kyungsoo says when he sits on the edge of Jongin's bed.

It's weird, seeing Jongin tucked in bed on his own room when he rarely uses it.

"You shouldn't be here." Jongin responds, smiling tiredly at him. His throat itches again and turns away from Kyungsoo just as he starts coughing again. "You'll get sick."

"Have you drank your medicine?" Kyungsoo eyes the small boxes beside Jongin's bed and grimaces. He's never been fond of medicines. He picks up one, reading the instructions and shifting to look at Jongin again. "Have you had your breakfast?"

Jongin's head is still turned away from him but Kyungsoo sees the small shake of his head. He quickly jumps off of the mattress and runs out of the room as quickly as he can, steps echoing all over the wooden floorboards his mother had insisted on using.

"I'll be right back!"

Jongin stares at the open door and sighs, a small smile playing on his lips before he starts coughing again.






Jongin wakes up when he hears shouts from his still opened door. He probably fell asleep again without knowing. He thinks he heard a few 'Kyungsoo!' and 'young master!' being called out from outside before the name's owner barges in on his room and shuts the door close.

It's loud and Jongin cringes, the sound making his head throb.

"What's that?" he asks suspiciously when he sees Kyungsoo holding a tray on his hands. Kyungsoo grins widely at him and Jongin doesn't like it one bit.

"Breakfast!" Kyungsoo sing songs, setting the tray down beside his bed and presenting it proudly to Jongin.

There's a bowl full of some brown substance that Jongin assumes is porridge, only there are some red spots dancing on the surface that Jongin thinks is chili paste. There's a cup of tea beside it too and he almost thinks it's okay not until he sees the few strips of paper at the bottom. Well, at least he didn't mess up the banana.

"This is, um, thanks?" Jongin says in a small voice but it still makes Kyungsoo's face brighter, smile toning down but still as happy as ever.

"I made it especially for you." he adds, sitting on the edge of Jongin's bed and blowing on the porridge.

Oh, no.

"Here." Kyungsoo says, all smiles and bright eyes and Jongin hesitantly opens his mouth, letting Kyungsoo feed him.






"How is he?" Seungsoo peeks from behind the door. Kyungsoo's sitting on a chair he pulled up beside Jongin's bed, a book on his hand and a frown on his face.

"Still sick." the younger male grumbles and Seungsoo steps inside as quietly as he could.

"I already made him ate. I gave him his medicines too!" Kyungsoo continues, pouting sadly and looking at Jongin who's still a little pale sleeping on his bed.

Seungsoo sees the empty bowl on the table.

"Who made those?" he asks out of curiousness.

The smile Kyungsoo gives him answers it all and he awkwardly pats the asleep Jongin on the bed, his back to Kyungsoo and a grimace on his face.

"I'm sorry, Jongin."

Everyone knows how awful Kyungsoo's cooking is.