The Start

young master (& his bodyguard)

Summary: Jongin gets his first scar from a blade held by Kyungsoo.

 

 


The sounds of clashing metals wakes Jongin up.


His eyes gets wide in panic when he sees the walls in front of him. It's concrete; thoroughly painted in warm cream . He makes a move to stand up but halts, hands splaying at the soft mattress under him and his heart starts beating painfully fast. Slowly, he rakes his eyes downwards at himself, letting the tips of his fingers trace the fine fabric currently enveloping his body (a shirt, he points out to himself); he's also wearing a pair of pants, he notices.

Pushing himself up to a stand, he turns around and takes in everything. The bed is large, deep red creasing at where he's slept and the color matches so well with the walls. There's a light streaming from behind him and he whips around, similar red curtains draped over what he presumes is the window and then he remembers.

"You're going to be family now."

Steadying his wobbly knees, he slips on a pair of shoes he sees by the door. The clicking sound the door makes when Jongin pushes it open seems incredibly loud to be normal but he pushes on, slowly closing it behind him and looking around. It's a corridor leading both left and right and it makes his brow furrow in confusion, lips parting as he figures it out.

The sounds of clashing metals makes up Jongin's mind.

His heart beat gets incredibly louder with every step he takes until he rounds the corner and all of a sudden, there's bright light streaming down his face and he raises an arm to block it.

"Here." Something cold and heavy gets into his open palm. He shakes his head and looks down, sleepy eyes opening as wide as they can when he sees what it is.

A blade.

"Well?"

The same voice startles Jongin and he looks up, eyes still wide. There's a kid in front of him. He's small but Jongin thinks he's around the same age as him. The same kid is looking up at him with wide eyes (it's not out of surprise, he thinks), an expectant look on his face and that's when he sees that the kid is holding a blade similar to his.


"Aren't you going to train with me?"

Clasping the blade, he tries shaking his head but it proves futile. His whole body feels like it's heavy as lead and he doesn't protest when the kid grabs his wrist and drags him to one of the open spaces outside.

The sounds of clashing metals.

He looks around in fright, finally noticing the people around them. They were all, in one way or another, fighting. Jongin's heart hammers inside his chest when he sees kids smaller than him, eyes fierce and fearless as he charges towards the person in front of him.

"You'll get killed easily if you're like this."

Jongin reacts as fast as he can when the kid in front lurches forwards at him. It's on instict when he raises his blade, effectively blocking the attack and the sound it makes echoes loud up his ears. The kid grins at him but Jongin doesn't know why.

The kid jumps out from Jongin's space before running towards him again. Jongin backs away, dodging the attacks coming steadily at him as hard as he can. He's breathing hard as he almost trips, the blade missing his cheek by inches. He scrambles as far as he can from the boy but he's not fast enough.

The sun's hitting the blade on the boy's hand and it's hurting Jongin's eyes.

"Jongin!"

He turns his head on the last second, seeing the male from last night call out at him before pain shoots up the side of his hip. He falls on his side, awkwardly sprawled on the ground as he lets the blade fall from his hand.

He registers the sound of footsteps coming at him and the worried look on the boy's face as he kneels down in front of Jongin. His hand's shaky when he presses it on his hip, wincing. There's red on his palm when he looks at it.

"I'm so sorry!" the boy repeats over and over again and Jongin thinks he looks so cute with his wide eyes bright with b tears. His cheeks are red too, he notices. And then he smiles tiredly at him.

"Kyungsoo!"






"Kyungsoo!"

Jongin looks up, seeing someone shouting and then another male emerges from inside the building. He's fast as he walks forward, easily falling in step with the male being called out.

"You're creeping other people out, you know." the male says loud enough for only Jongin to hear.

He looks down, taking in the wide eyes and the red cheeks and smiles big enough for only the smaller male to see.

"It doesn't matter, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo huffs but Jongin sees the small smile before the shorter male runs off. But he doesn't miss the feeling of light fingers gently gliding across the edge of his shirt.

Just above his hip.

Just above his first ever scar.