Urineun Cheonsaengyeonbuniya. (We’re Meant to be Together.)

SINCE 1765
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 29 – Urineun Cheonsaengyeonbuniya. (We’re Meant to be Together.)

 

*

 

#since1765

 

*

 

SM Entertainment Artist Lounge

City of Seoul, Gyeonggi Province

 

All the members of SNSD took a break from the recording of their repackage album. They ordered take-away for lunch and hung in the company lounge. The moment they settled down, the liberal-minded members Kim Hyoyeon and Kwon Yuri asked their leader about the intimate nature of her relationship with Big Bang's G-dragon.

 

“We haven't kissed each other yet,” declared Kim Taeyeon to the seven curious women of SNSD.

 

The reactions were somewhat similar, and even Tiffany Hwang got surprised herself.

 

“What?!”

 

“Oh my god, no way!”

 

Taeyeon continued, “We agreed to only kiss when the elders finally bless it.”

 

“Goodness, I don't believe that even just one bit!” cried Choi Sooyoung even with a mouthful of rice.

 

“We want to be traditional, like the elders want us to be. The gods are watching.”

 

Hyoyeon exclaimed, “Damn, the G-dragon actually agreed to this?”

 

Taeyeon nodded, to which Lee Sunkyu commented, “Huh. He's prince charming material, after all.”

 

“He's going to court me, traditionally. He wanted to make penance and prove to my family that he deserves me.”

 

“But you've done stuff, right?” mischievously probed Yuri, poking Taeyeon on her waist. The question earned her raves and giddy comments from the other members.

 

While blushing, Taeyeon smiled shyly and quietly answered, “We've hugged, held hands, slept beside each other, kissed on the cheeks... Do those count?”

 

Obviously, they counted, because the next second, the girls shouted with glee and delight, pushing or slapping each other, in disbelief that idol king G-dragon had become touchy-feely with one of their own.

 

“Ajsiduidiojnfhdusuuduhhdjekjr!”

 

“I'm melting OMG!”

 

“That's so sweet!!!!”

 

But there was one member who didn't share the same enthusiasm. It was Im Yoona who noticed that the leader's best friend, Stephanie, was on her own world, busy with her phone, smiling to herself. When Yoona took notice, the other members did too, and they all eventually stopped laughing to gaze at the inattentive woman.

 

Seo Juhyun, who was closest to Fany, cleared and asked, “Excuse me Miss Tiffany Hwang, are you still with us?”

 

Finally, Fany put her head up, only to see all seven sets of eyes on her. She was still smiling and acting all jittery when she looked up.

 

“Sorry, I was just texting my boyfriend. You know, Big Bang's TOP,” Tiffany happily and very proudly announced.

 

Much to the other girls' despair.

 

“Whatever!”

 

“Don't rub it in!”

 

“Obviously, duh?!”

 

“What else is new?”

 

“Pssshhh.”

 

The days have passed since the party in Dolce Vita. Ever since then, Stephanie Hwang had been behaving like a teenage girl who just had her first puppy love. She was always talking about Choi Seunghyun, always mentioning him even in the least related subject, always laughed and found ways to bring up the rapper, and basically just always reminded everyone that they were already romantically together.

 

“Why shouldn't I?” retorted Fany. “I have the most handsome boyfriend in this whole wide world!”

 

“This is the cheesiest you've been, gosh,” muttered Yoona, shaking her head on the girl.

 

But to everyone's surprise, Fany put her phone down and faced all of them, very enthusiastic and with lips smiling wide.

 

“I love him so much girls,” exclaimed Fany, laughing and looking afar, as if reminiscing. “He's so... dreamy... and perfect... and handsome... and just... aaahhhhhh! Have I mentioned he's so freaking handsome?”

 

Taeyeon couldn't help but be happy for Stephanie. She witnessed how much the woman cried and suffered from her last relationship. She'd been cheated on, taken advantage of, and left behind, multiple times. So to see her find hope and love amidst all the trauma brought Taeyeon such an amazing joy. She held on the hands of and smiled at her best friend.

 

“First, Jiyong and Taeyeon. Now, Tabi and Steph,” remarked Sooyoung, shaking her head. “Is this Soshibang heaven or what?”

 

But that only bridged to another round of gossips, this time involving the other members of SNSD and Big Bang. Seohyun whined about how Lee Seungri had been bugging her, even if she ignored and ignored the man. Sunny was asking questions about Kang Daesung's over-friendliness, and everyone was wondering whether it verged on flirtation. Meanwhile, Hyoyeon kept bugging Yuri about her alleged “two-timing,” because Yuri had been seeing Dong Youngbae multiple times since they rekindled their friendship.

 

Yoona was very avoidant though, when Sooyoung began pairing her with Lee Soohyuk. She still kept it a secret from everyone that Soohyuk and her have been talking and chatting every single night since the party.

 

*

 

You Have New Messages in group Project JK!

 

LeeSH: Hey pretty girls! We'd like to invite you to our BOF500 bash for GD, Yulia, Verbal and Yoon.

 

Sunny: Wait, aren't those GD's other crowd?

 

Xin: Don't worry, they're cool people. They can't wait to meet you!

 

V.I.: What's a BOF500 bash?

 

Jong: Idiot. Lol. Business of Fashion 500. It's the Forbes list of the fashion world. Four of our friends got picked this year, so we're throwing a party.

 

Yul: I heard GD's in the cover! Coooooool.

 

Yoong: Congrats!

 

Fany: Good one G! Proud of you, BFF-in-law.

 

TOP: Hey babe, let's go together.

 

Hyo: Aaaaaaaaahhhhh so cheeeeesy. Lol. I'm envious. Does this party require a date?

 

Jong: Will you be my date, Hyo?

 

Hyo: Ok.

 

Sunny: How untraditional.

 

Fany: Like my baby and I, JongHyo are so 21st century.

 

Hyo: Jong and I are the coolest, aren't we?

 

Dae: Sunkyu... let's go together too... *wink* *shy* *blushes*

 

TOP: Yah Daesung, I taught you to be cooler than that.

 

Sunny: ...

 

Yoong: Dae, Sunny hates cool guys. Be traditional like GD! Court her!

 

Soo: Wait, a party with Nuthang's Japanese crowd? Wouldn't that be... awkward?

 

LeeSH: Nooooo! I'm hosting the party with Soojoo. We want you there! It's a huge party, no need to be awkward. #yoonacanyoubemydate

 

Yoong: ...

 

Sunny: If I'm traditional, more so Yoongie! You can't woo her this way.

 

LeeSH: So then let me court her...

 

Yoong: ...

 

TOP: Yoona, let me give you some friendly advice. Stay clear of Lee Soohyuk. He's a player.

 

LeeSH: YAH CHOI SEUNGHYUN!

 

V.I.: He's also erted, a jokester, a trickster, and overall bad news.

 

LeeSH: SEOHYUN, SEUNGRI'S FEET SMELL!!!

 

V.I.: THAT'S NOT TRUE SEO BABY! I SMELL GOOD. YOONA, SOOHYUK HAS BAD BREATH IN THE MORNING!

 

GD: Goodness, this thread is always a disaster. But on a serious note, I'd really appreciate it if SNSD can attend. You are our new crowd, and we'd like to introduce you to our old folks. Please be there girls! We'll send you the details via email.

 

*

 

Club Octagon

District of Hongdae, Gyeonggi Province

 

The friendship between Big Bang, SNSD and Nuthang only deepened in the next few weeks. As promised, the girls were introduced to Big Bang's crowd, first with simple dinner hangouts, followed by various club events and parties.

 

But in all those occasions, Kim Taeyeon and Kwon Jiyong kept true to their penance. Taeyeon did not attend any of the events that included Jiyong. The two didn't talk or text. Taeyeon was beginning to feel hopeless, until Jiyong texted her on the night of the BOF bash.

 

KJY wrote: Just wait for me honey. I'll come soon. I love you, Princess. xoxo :-)

 

Taeyeon smiled and cried a little to herself. She was assured that the man was still working on his courtship, and she held on that hope. The words she texted as a reply were the first cheesy and romantic message she has ever written and sent her whole life. Yes, she’d been in six relationships, four of which were serious and long-term. However, she was never the affectionate, showy, or touchy girlfriend. In fact, she’d always been tagged as bland and boring. Of course, Prince GD changed all that.

 

You wrote: I will wait, no matter how long. I love you too, Prince Charming. Mwah. (Hugs).

 

peaceminusone posted:

You wish your crowd was better than this. #kpop #asianfashion #jpop #nuthang #snsd #bigbang #bof500

 

hwafanfan posted:

This is the ultimate #squadgoals. Kpop and Jpop powerhouses combine. #youwishyouwereoneofus

 

youngbaebae posted:

Turnt up with SNSD! Welcome to our world girls. #soshibang #snsd #bigbang #welcometotheswaglife

 

secretkwonyuri posted:

I've never had this much fun my whole life, until now.  PARTY OF THE YEAR! #bof500 #congratsGDandfriends

 

*

 

Jeonju Executive Golf Resort

City of Jeonju, North Jeolla Province

 

Two weeks after the romantic moment in Dolce Vita pension house, Kim Taeyeon still patiently waited for her Prince Charming. Meanwhile, she prepared a lavish party for Grandfather Kim as another sign of her repentance.

 

“Happy birthday Grandpa Kim,” she greeted. They were in the family van, with her brother driving, Kim Hayeon seated on the front, and her grandfather between her and Grandma Kim. “Please accept my gift.”

 

“Thank you,” coldly responded the old man, accepting the huge box from his grandchild.

 

“Grandpa, are you still angry at me?”

 

The elder stayed mum, and Taeyeon's face fell. But Grandma Kim just budged her husband, exclaiming, “Darling, I can't bear to watch my granddaughter cry again. You better not ignore her, or you answer to me!”

 

Of course, just like many husbands, Grandpa Kim was afraid of his wife. He sighed and looked to his right, where Taeyeon was seated. “Have you repented for your sins?”

 

“I still am. I haven't seen or talked to the Kwons and Jiyong since I made the rice cakes for Songdo Village.”

 

“I must admit that your and Jiyong's actions last Chuseok moved me, even if you both technically disobeyed the punishment. But I appreciate your creativity and initiative in making penance.”

 

Taeyeon smiled and held on her grandpa's hands. “Thank you grandpa. I also want you to have a great birthday today.”

 

“What is this gift you brought?” he asked, opening the box that Taeyeon gave him.

 

Taeyeon helped the old man, and she took out the photo album that was inside the box. She opened the album and explained, “This could probably make you angrier, and it wouldn't undo my lies. But I was hoping this could give you a bit of hope.”

 

She then began scanning the photos, providing the backstory of each image.

 

“Look, the Han couple just gave birth to a baby boy. Do you know when their son's birthday was? It was the same day when the North and the South agreed to end the quasi-war.”

 

“This couple from Daegu got married a day after the Sewol ferry incident. When they announced their pregnancy, suddenly we found and rescued most of the bodies from the sea.”

 

“And here grandpa...”

 

She continued providing the photo proofs and stories of the three couples who got married for The Great Pact. She was worried that the elders would not rest their minds thinking about the needed sacrifices. And so she gathered evidence, collected them in an album, and sent each and every one from the Gyeonggi and North Jeolla councils a copy.

 

“Please don't worry about our republic anymore. Our generation already made its sacrifice, and we will be blessed for a long time,” she begged, crying now as she held on her grandfather's hands.  “I only want you to be healthy and happy. I know you are still angry about my disobedience, but at least relax your mind and heart that the gods wouldn't punish us.”

 

She leaned forward and kissed her grandfather's cheeks, then she again greeted, “Happy birthday grandpa.”

 

“If I suffered a heart attack, what would you have done?”

 

“I would have never forgiven myself.”

 

“How can you even talk like that?!” cried Grandma Kim, rather outraged. “The gods didn't give you a heart attack, or any health risk. Isn't that a sign that Jiyong and Taeyeon's marriage didn't need to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter