Family Meeting

American Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every little girl dreamt of an extravagant wedding in a church where they'll walk in the aisle looking at every face of the people who celebrate this very special day with her. She dreamt of a perfect day, some rain but not storming. A three layered cake composed of love. Perfect daffodils to cover her path. Red roses for her bouquet. A lace wedding gown that perfectly fits her petite yet perfect body and a perfect man waiting at the end of the aisle...

None of these was experienced by Jessica Jung who is inside a court house standing beside a person she barely knew. A lawyer who knows nothing but ambition and money. Well that is what she describes what she observes so far from Yuri's behavior.

"Do you take Jessica Jung to be your lawful wife for richer or poorer in sickness and in health. Till death do you part." The judge asked she looks like she is bored with her life as a judged but  Yuri care less about it she still answered. "I do."

"Do you take Yuri Kwon to be your lawful wife for richer or poorer in sickness and in health till death do you part?" The judge asked once again but this time to Jessica. The bride looks around and there is Seo Hyun alone as their witness, Tae Yeon could not make it because of the show and Soo Young said she’s busy with mixing medicine, saving the world or so. But they needed one witness and Seo Hyun is indeed generous to offer one hour of her time for the wedding.

"You may now seal this wedding with a kiss." The judge said smiling as if it is the most exciting part of the wedding.

Jessica and Yuri gulped together. This is the last part and they are considered wife and wife but this is something they did not practice and Seo Hyun was anticipating it so as the judged. Yuri look at the judge and Jessica was on Seo Hyun's direction. They are sweating it is as if they have not kissed different people before it is just they barely know each other and just met last night and did not have a so good conversation before sleeping last night then they needed to rush in the court house because of the wedding.

Yuri move closer and Jessica did too... It was a romantic move as Yuri held on Jessica's chin and Yuri brush their lips real quick and that was it but as if Jessica's body froze. She swears to God both of them look like teens as they both blush.

"That is how I kiss my mom.. You guys legit?" The judge asked.

"Ah errr we're just shy.. Korea does not really accept gay so showing our affection in public is still uncomfortable for both of us." The lawyer immediately say, she's really smart.

The judge did not look so convince but she nodded, "I will have you meet with immigration every two months to make sure you guys are legit."

Jessica was still savoring her moment she can't believe that kiss was just a brush she wanted to laugh but she plays along. "Sure judge my wife and I will be happy to see you." Jessica said as she run her hand behind Yuri. She just found out that Yuri is not really the type of girl who likes skinship as she does that Yuri froze this time. Jessica now has something major to laugh about.

Seo Hyun rolled her eyes, and prevent not to laugh because it is totally funny to see the pseudo couple feel awkward to each other. Not to mention Yuri's face controlling her reaction not to be awkward.

"You only have one witness?" The judge then looks at Seo Hyun.

"Yup, it is a long love story madame, and I am pretty sure you don't have all day to listen to it." Seo Hyun said politely and smile. The judge just nod.

"You have honeymoon plan? I want to see pictures."

"Aah err...sure" Jessica was caught off guard on that, why? Because they do not have that sorta kinda plan, the plan was to get married go to immigration and Yuri will take her license apparently she took her exam to practice law in New York back in SK so she's all good with that.

"If you are doubtful with our marriage then be doubtful but I will not send you our honeymoon pictures if you are not part of the immigration, I will send it to the right party not to a judged like you." Yuri said firmly of course she knows her right.

"Okay. But I will request you to see immigration." Judge said and then she left.

"Whew." Jessica was finally able to breathe. "Honeymoon really? We don't have plans about that." She looks at Yuri who looks relieved too.

"Hahah talk about that later.. Yey! Congratulations you are finally married!" Seo Hyun said all cheerful and she hugs the two. "I know, both of you, just wanted to get this over with but we need to at least celebrate this event in a restaurant come on." Seo Hyun drags both of them even before they can response.

Seo Hyun drove her car and Jessica was on the passenger seat and Yuri was on the back seat, it is obvious that they felt shy to each other because of the kiss and totally Seo Hyun wanted to laugh on the site of the two.

"I reserved here, I invited Soo Young and Tae Yeon but seems like they could not make it so let’s go." Seo Hyun removed her seat belt and take off, Jessica followed and Yuri did too.

"Yakitate Japan? Is it not where you worked at as a Manager Jessica?" Yuri asked. She again has a photographic memory.

"Restaurant Manager?" Seo Hyun suddenly asked about it with a raise eye brow.

Jessica smiled. "Yeah.. Hehe wonder if my used to be coworkers still work there." Jessica gulp and Seo Hyun furrowed her eye brow asking what is happening.

"Just go with it please?" Jessica whispered to Seo Hyun and the girl just raise her eye brow and took a deep breath as they follow Yuri going inside the said place. 

They were lead in a room, the three of them sat on the floor where Yuri and Jessica sat together across Seo Hyun. 

"You still know people here?" Yuri asked to avoid awkwardness as their elbow touched once. Sweats appeared to both of them.

"Ah yeah.. Some. Most of my coworkers left already. Hehe" Jessica said, why on all places that Seo Hyun would bring them, It will be this place.. 

"I see." Yuri look around. It does look good Japanese painting and Geisha painting, really relaxing, Yuri loved it. She loves relaxing.

Jessica then found herself looking at Yuri and she smiled the feature of Yuri's face is really something to turn her head on. She smiles suddenly but that moment got interrupted when the door opened and Soo Young appeared she then look on another direction. 

"Hey sorry we were not able to make it in the wedding schedule conflict." Soo Young said and she was followed by another Korean who looks like a little younger than her, petite as Jessica and she smiled at Jessica.

"Jessi I so miss you!" She ran to Jessica and hugged her.

"Hara I miss you too." She said honestly as Soo Young just gave a nod to Yuri and the lawyer bowed.

"Gosh a lot of catching up stories to talk about and now what? You’re married.. Time fly so fast we used to be in the O---"

"Hey Hara, can we probably go to the washroom help me with retouch maybe...."

"But I have not meet your wife formally."

"Yuri, Hara.. Hara, Yuri." Jessica said introducing both of them to each other before Hara would say something Jessica drag her out of the room.

"Did you not tell Hara that this is just a business deal?" Seo Hyun asked but audible for Yuri.

"Nope, she does not really need to know and if that is the case I guess Jessica should tell her about it." Soo Young then stated.

"Okay.." Seo Hyun just stated then she looked on the menu.

"When is Tae Yeon coming back?" Soo Young asked as Yuri is just studying the walls. Weird stuff that Yuri normally does.

"Next week. She's wrapping up the play last show will be next week and she said she'll fly directly to New York." Seo Hyun answered she is actually the one that keeps all of them together. She has all the information that is needed.

"Yuri would you like to order?" Seo Hyun asked. Soo Young just rolled her eyes.

"I'll wait for Jessica since she worked here she might have a recommendation towards what's best to eat." Yuri smiled and Soo Young look at Seo Hyun with a face of what she is talking about and Seo Hyun immediately sent her an imessage explaining that Jessica told Yuri about working here and she too does not know the reason why... "Maybe she is still hurt about the past and talking about it pains her." Seo Hyun added on the message she sent Soo Young.

"Sorry we took a little too long." Jessica stated.
 
Hara smiled at Yuri. She did the same thing.

Jessica suggested all the expensive food on the menu well she thought that those are the good once since Yuri asked her what to recommend. When Yuri asked her about the ingredients, Jessica wanted to google it but sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter