The Pauper and the Shoemaker

Sugar Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Pauper and the Shoe Maker

 

 

 

On a dark corner of the street, there was a young girl hiding on a secluded corner. The girl has a white complexion. Her hair was Night Black and her eyes are wide in Dark Brown orbs caused by nervousness and fear to be caught by the police men. She covered herself with her scarf as she peek over to see where are the men who are looking for her.

 

“Have you seen a white young girl who has red scarf on her neck cross over the street?” A policeman in blue uniform asked a passerby

 

Sweat runs to the young girl’s forehead as she hold the apple that she stole with all her might. Being caught will caused her to pay for bail and being a poor wanderer, she doesn’t have the capacity to pay for a bail out and she doesn’t even have the capacity to buy her own meals that’s why she resorted to this improper action. DESPERATION. Who could blame her mischief deed? Say, if you haven’t got any proper meals for days and you got no money, STEALING might be a window of opportunity for survival.

 

“Not really mister.” the passerby said

 

The young girl sighed in relief

 

“Okay, thank you”

 

The policeman went away. Once the policeman was out of the young girl’s sight the girl took a bite of the apple and closed her eyes in relief.

 

“I’m sorry...I’m going to pay you as soon as I got money.” the young girl said

 

No money, no education, no home, no friends, no job and no family...that’s how the young girl lived through out these years. Imagine when you exist in this world and yet nobody knows and cares about you. Being abandoned and left alone barely surviving. Waiting for the time to pass by and hoping for green pasture to come if ever it will come and so far, it never came. Life had been tough for the young girl and there’s only one thing she wished right now.

 

“I wish I was never born at all.” the young girl cried as her conscience eating her up.the bitter sweet taste of the apple goes down on and it makes her hard to swallow as tears brim her eyes. It’s always like this, she steal to survive. Everyday, she had to commit this terrible deed and it’s like a dirt that goes through her skin that no matter what she does to remove it, it stays there like an unwanted tattoo and it’s already embedded on her bones,a SINNER, that's what she is.

 

And tonight, in this dark ally, she will hide and seek for uncomfortable refuge for a rest. The cold street floor and the hard wall served as her comfort. Something that she had gotten used too already because no matter what happen, she cannot do anything about it.

 

She had lost her old spark of hope in her eyes few years ago. Rejection after rejection, betrayal over friendship, reputation wrecked and so her own loved ones abandoned her. She already gotten used to the end she thought for herself, being ALONE. Like what she is right now in this dark called ally. She had gotten accustomed to the dark that she already forgot what a bright sunny day used to be like. When hope was still high and life was still easy.

 

She didn’t know that one day, she will finally see the light again.

 

ΔΔΔ

 

It was another day when the young girl has to steal again to survive. The young girl didn't want to do it. So she refrain from stealing anything through out the day but the sky is already dark and she hasn't eaten a bite for a day so no matter hard she resist, her stomach persist. She has to eat. She will steal again.

 

She was in front of a food stall, where people munched their food freely and chat with each other. started to water as she saw the food being cook and the people eat their food. The vendor seems to look at her so she diverted her attention else where. She saw a spacious shoe boutique beside the food stall. The shoes vary from designs. Heels, wedge, classic, casual...anything for man and woman. A certain shoes attracted her as she went close to the shop window and stared at it. It is this pink high heels with a sparkling little diamonds on the top. She was attracted to it. She saw a petite woman inside the boutique looking at her, she seems to stare at her too for a second until she felt that ache from her stomach again. She’s a PAUPER, she can’t probably dreamed of buying that expensive shoes. She looked at the food stall again and decided to continue on her plan. She went towards the food stall and looked at the food in front of it. The vendor was eyeing on her suspiciously, she immediately grabbed the bread and the vendor grabbed her hand.

 

“You’re going to steal this aren’t you?” the man asked as he gripped on the young girl’s hand

 

“N-No.” the girl lied as she almost squeal in pain

 

The loudness of the man's voice attracted a lot of attention. The young girl knew that it is the end of her.

 

“Liar!...I’m sending you to the police!” the man said as he was about to dragged the girl with him but a hand on his shoulder stopped him.

 

“Stop mister...you’re hurting my friend and you’re hurting a customer.” the voice of a woman said.

 

The young girl looked at the woman. She was that woman from the shoe store.

 

“Customer? Ma’am, she was going to steal!” the man said

 

“No, she was not. She’s just going to take a pick but you j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter