Same Dream II : Dream A Little Dream Of Me

Sugar Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Dream A Little Dream Of Me

(Same Dream Sequel)

 

“If life is just all about living, I wouldn’t bother to wake up. It’s better in dreamland where I can experience magical things and happiness in my heart as I saw the stars shining down upon me. I do not just want to live. I want to be happy and be magical. I want to love.”

 

Long months had passed since Taeyeon got cured on her Fantasy Prone Personality Disorder. Here I am, stuck in the same hospital room where we first met. Still thinking about the old times we had and the exact words she told me about life.

I did a terrible thing to her, I brought magic out of her life. I was too skeptical that I forgot to see the things that are really essential took out the love out of her life.

 

From the moment she forgot about magic, that’s the moment I started to believe on it. In time I was too engrossed with day dreaming, she woke up from reality and left me hanging to dream alone. I shouldn’t have woke her up… In that way, we might have a chance to dream the same dream together.

 

I can still remember the last time I saw her. A few months ago in a coffee shop.

She changed a lot.

From the clothes she wore, from the way she talked, and from the way she looked at me.

 

It was my fault, she is perfect as she was, but I failed to see it.

 

I was busy thinking until my eyes drifted on the clock and I saw the night sky on the window.

 

The night was blue and so was I.

 

I went home as fast as I can.

 

The only thing I’ve been looking forward these past few months is sleeping, because only in dream land I can be with her, only in dream land I can pretend that nothing changed for the both of us. Only in dream land, I can dream a little dream of her.

 

As I arrived home and prepared myself to sleep, I felt the coldness of the night breeze and saw my window pane open. I walked towards the window and looked outside. The stars were shinning beautifully, I wondered if she had seen this too.

 

“Stars shining bright above you;
Night breezes seem to whisper 'I love you'.
Birds singing in the sycamore tree.
Dream a little dream of me. “


(===)

 


TAEYEON'S POV


It’s been months since I was out of the ward. Everything has change. I was cured of FPP. My experience in the ward made me realized a lot of things in life.
 

Magic doesn't exist.


Bingbong doesn't exist.


Love isn't real.
 

All my life, I set dreams as my reality, but now I am awake. I realized, I was being a fool all along. I was delusional of being a wizard because I kept myself bottled up in my own world.

 

I learned a lot of things...
 

Taeyang didn't became a lizard.

 Sure, his absence was caused by the potion I made, but it wasn't because he became a lizard. It's because he was sent to hospital for having an upset stomach for a week. It was my fault. He missed a lot of school days because of me.
 

I was a burden due to my fantasies.


Magic isn't true along with love. The last time I believed in love, I was told it wasn't true and with that, I believed it isn't. I kept it locked beneath the deepest part of me.
 

I tried going out with different people day by day. I wanted to experience how is it to live.

 

I was ecstatic. But then I realized life is just a routine. It's a cycle. It's nothing to be excited about.


The reality was splashed upon my face like a cold water... It's sad and lonely, however, we just got to live through it. I tried to show I'm happy to every people I meet. The more enthusiastic I am, the more they like me. The more I fit in.
 

I was waiting for the guy I've been dating in a café he works at, then, I saw a familiar person that changed my life.

 

 My doctor.

 

 I smiled and greeted her.


"Doctor!" I called her and made my way towards her. There's something in her that made me hug her. Was it the feeling of longing? I doubt so.


"How are you? Still playing with Bing Bong?" she teased me as she pats my head


She never changed. She's so cool as usual. Her smile still brighten me up.


"Nah...I'm all cured. Magic isn't real anyway." I said as I remembered, she was the person I like but then she's unattainable for me. I was the only one who felt the spark. Maybe, she's too cool and charming for me.


"Oh, is that so?" she said as she laughed "What's up? What are you doing here alone?" she asked


"I'm waiting for my boyfriend shift to end. We have a movie date later." I said as I pointed at the guy on the counter and he waved towards us.


I've been seeing people for months, and this guy is one of them.

 

“Date night?”

 

“Yeah.”


"Do you love him?" she asked


Then, that's the moment I started to waver. Do I love him? Am I capable to love anybody when love itself doesn't exist?


"No." I answered "I'm only taking your advice... To meet new people. And love is just a mere chemical imbalance on our bodies and anyway I'm only living my life." I shrugged


I seek affection, I seek company but love? I don't think so.


Then she just stood there in silent as she stared at me. I saw her eyes soften as she stared into mine. For a moment I thought she was about to cry, she looks vulnerable than her usual confident self. I was about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter