If You Say So

Sugar Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

Hi, it's been awhile. This is just a short drabble. Not yet proofread. I'm not even sure if I can still decently write something but at least I tried. -nerd

 

 If You Say So 

​​​​​

---

Taeyeon seldomly check her emails, but it seems like she had to. One day, she received an important email from her best pal.

 

"Tiffany Hwang." She read the sender's email

 

It's been a awhile since they have not met. Probably because of their busy schedule. Work is work. We all would probably work our asses off til the day we die. One of the reasons why Taeyeon's social life is a mess and scored zero and was probably taken by Pennywise on his sewer.  But Tiffany is Taeyeon's best friend. "My main hoe." As they called each other.

 

Since highschool, they stick through thick or thin. From those series of detentions, those F marks on their cards, from punching guys who made one of them cried, from all those nagging from their parents and jealousy over new friends... They got each other's back and on each other team. It goes on til they turned adults. By adults, we refer on the physical appearance of course.

 

Taeyeon saw the photo frame on her desk and she smiled. It was a photo taken by her and Tiffany while they were overseas. It is one of the things on their bucket list.

 

Getting lost together in Hongkong, not knowing Chinese. Trusting google maps and sign languages to save their lives. Good thing, they made it on Disneyland and had managed to take a photo on a photobooth.

 

"Taeyeon, stop making goofy faces. You look stupid. This is supposed to be a candid shot. We already tried this for six times and I got no dime left!" Tiffany complained

"Okay, last goofy shot and we gonna be candid." Taeyeon grinned

On the last shot, it was Tiffany who was on a goofy face and Taeyeon did a  candid post. And it was the photo that had been printed.

"You look stupid." Taeyeon commented as she looked at the photo and giggled

"This is unacceptable! We're supposed to look pretty together, you tricked me!" Tiffany whined

"It's not my fault my genes are better than yours."

 

Taeyeon smiled as she remembered the good old days.

 

"This Hwang, you could've just text me. Why an email?" Taeyeon shook her head and read the email sent

 

 

"Hi Tae!

It is my plan to write emails about the days we spent together so please expect more in the coming days.

I just want you to know that every day we spent together, I cherished it. From the good old highschool days, we failed together til we both risen up as adults and did our bucketlist..."

 

"This is weird... She's oddly sweet and I might puke." Taeyeon commented and read through email

 

 

"My most favorite part on the bucket list we had was when we went to Hongkong. Oh my god, I still can remember when we went to a Chinese restaurant and then you ask for a liquor and how that waiter strictly told you 'We don't serve liquors for minors.' God damn, I lost my there. You looking like a kid and I looked like your damn mother..."

 

"Is it my fault why I look like I'm a forever highschool student?" Taeyeon shook her head and scrolled down

 

 

"Then, you suggested we go clubbin' for the first time as it was a part of our bbf goals (like yeah, best forever) but guys keep on hitting on you like leeches so I had to pretend to be your lesbian lover.

And the next day, you bought a shirt that says 'I hate '. It was ing gold. I still laugh like crazy from those memories. Especially when you went home wearing that shirt and your dad and your brother saw you..."

 

Then Taeyeon thrown a fit of laughter when she remembered what happened.

 

"I got an earful scolding after that." Taeyeon grinned

 

 

"What I'm trying to say is that, every moment we spent together, I love all of it and I am thankful that I met you. I just hope we did spent more time together. Because as you received this letter, my time had ran out. I no longer exist in this world..."

 

"Wait, what?" Taeyeon alarmingly scrolled down to read the rest of the email content

 

 

"I have a cancer. Brain tumor. Maybe that's why I'm stupid? Just kidding. But yeah, I wish this is all a joke too. It's the reason you have not seen me for awhile. I'm trying to get better but damn chemo making me lose my hair and drained my energy. It caused me to suffer from severe depression as well so I idiotically decided to shut everyone out from my life. Including you.

I'm sorry for being so weak. Among all people, I know I'm the weakest. But without you, I've been weaker than weakest. You're my strength. You're my pillar. You're my best ing friend ever and I know I should've told you all these but I have no courage to do so. I'm sorry I left you this way, but please forgive me? Coz' hey! I just turned to an angel and grown some wings!

Hence, I wrote this letter so you'll still feel my presence when I'm gone and always know that I'll be watching you.

See you next email,
Your Fany "

 

 

"What the hell?" Taeyeon immediately called some of her friends about Tiffany and they were all shock.

She tried calling Tiffany's phone but the line's dead. She went to visit Tiffany on her house but no one is there and the neighbour said, the Hwang family moved in America.

 

Taeyeon felt helpless the first time in her life.  She spent her days, weeks and now it's been months. She couldn't work. She couldn't function. She just lost half of her heart. Her soulmate, her best friend.

 

And then one day, she received another email from Tiffany.

 

 

"Happy birthday Taeyeon!

What are you doing? Do you remember the last birthday we spent together? Year 2012, we were too broke to celebrate it somewhere hence

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter