Grip

Sugar Free
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---

Title: Grip

Word count: 1669

Type: One-shot

 

Grip

For years, I have devoted my life loving people. I thought that my main purpose in life is to give love, so I can receive love as well.

Love is a wonderful feeling. It makes me feel mixed-emotions. It makes me sleep less at night, and at the same time makes me sleep more to have a dream I never want to wake up from. 

It makes me say things that I couldn't say. It makes me laugh, it makes me cry, it makes me feel everything.

Sometimes, I hate love because it makes me feel weak. It's hard to stand when your knees are wobbling. It's hard to breathe. It's hot and it's bothersome. But the ironic thing is that, love makes me want to conquer the world. It makes me feel like I can fly. It makes me float. It makes me feel like everything is possible.

Everything is indeed possible because I got love. 

My soul-mate,  the person I've known my whole life. My best-friend.

'Tiffany Hwang.'

The notion of best-friend-turned-into-lovers is widely popular. But this love that I'm feeling, it feels as if it were made for me. It feels as if it were carved as mine.

I've known Tiffany since we're kids. Our families have been friends, and we have a lot of mutual friends whom we'd spend our vacations with.

 

When we were five.

"Taengoo, there is no purple horse!" Young Tiffany exclaimed as she pointed out on my coloring book.

"There is, I dreamt about it last night!" I said as I continued coloring my artwork.

"Then, I shall color mine pink so our horses will be colorful!" she grinned

Then our teacher made us repeat our homeworks because we colored the horse wrongly.

But that's okay, at least we're together.

 

When we were fifteen.

We went to the same high school. We see each other every day. It felt as If nothing could ever keep us apart.

 

As we grew older, one of us developed for the other. I never thought she would be the first one to say it.

"There's this cute boy who asked me to be his date on our prom night!" I gleefully said the news.

"O-Oh, what did you say?" she asked as we reached the bus stop

"I said I'll think about it. Do you think I should say yes? I mean, he's cute..." I stopped talking when I saw her intense gazed on me.

"Taeyeon, don't,"

"Why not? I think he's okay..."

"Because I like you a lot."

 

At that moment, I was still clueless about my feelings for Tiffany. So, I turned her down.

"I'm sorry."

 

Then, she changed. She started to distance herself with me. I hated it. I've longed for her. 

"Hey, I thought we're going home together?" I asked as I caught up with her on the school hallway.

"I have plans today." she walked faster than me.

I was hurt.

 

We were inseparable and by that I couldn't function well without her. So, I decided to confront her.

"Tiffany, my mom is looking for you. You should visit the house soon." I tried to strike a conversation with her as we were waiting for the homeroom teacher inside the classroom.

"I don't think I can..." I saw her eyes full of hesitation and I don't like it.

"Don't be that way, let's be back to usual. Shall we?"

"It's hard to be around you without my heart beating fast. I don't think I can look at you the same way again."

"What do you want me to do Tiffany?"

"Can you love me too?" Her eyes were filled with hopes and worries.

I never knew the feeling of love, but the feeling of losing Tiffany overpowered my doubts, so I said 'Yes.'

 

And time had passed, I had begun to see Tiffany from a different perspective.

 

I loved her a lot, probably more that she ever loved me.

 

When we w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter