2016 - 15.10

Thr33
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Amber, I'm home" Krystal placed the groceries on the kitchen table. As she turned around Amber was already there. She gave her a peck on the lips

"Hey, Princess" Amber hugged her and kissed her cheek

"Yerim's mom is going to bring Jiyoon home" Krystal unpacked the groceries "but I'm sure you already know that"

"Yeah, she wrote me" 

 

Krystal noticed there was something wrong from Amber's tone. She stopped putting away the groceries and looked at Amber

"Babe, is something wrong?" Krystal approached Amber.

Amber inhaled deeply before she said, "She called..."

Krystal frowned at first, trying to read Amber's mind.

"She?" Krystal had already someone in mind but decided to let Amber tell it herself

"Min" Amber answered.

Krystal nodded "Is she ok? What did she say?"

"She didn't say much. She just told me she needed help and gave me an address" Amber looked at her girlfriend's eyes. 

"Is she okay?" Krystal asked

Amber shook her head "I don't know"

"What do you mean you don't know. Didn't you go to see her?" 

"I....I thought I want to discuss this with you first. I didn't want to bother you with the class so I waited" Amber smiled awkwardly.

"Baby" Krystal cupped Amber's cheek, forced herself not to grin, "You think that I was going to be jealous?"

"Are you?" Amber grinned.

"Silly" Krystal pinched Amber's cheek "I know you love me and Jiyoon. I know how much this little family means to you. I wouldn't mind you seeing her on your own. I believe in you"

Amber smiled "I know. But I still want you to come with me."

"Don't you think it would bother Min if I come along?" Krystal hesitated

"She knows that we are together. I think she already expected that I'm going to come with you" Amber answered

Krystal nodded "Fine. Let's go then"

 

Amber gave the address Min gave her on her GPS. Almost an hour ride.

"I don't think I have ever been here in this area before," Amber said as she turned left on the corner

"She didn't tell you that she moved, did she?" Krystal looked around.

"No, this is the first time we had contact since we broke up" Amber answered

Krystal wasn't sure about the environment, it kinda gave her chill. The GPS said they needed to park the car somewhere here and go on foot afterward. Even Amber felt a bit off as she locked the car. She took Krystal's hand and kept her close to her while they searched the address. A few guys whistled as Krystal walked by, Amber was annoyed by it but Krystal pulled her hand to avoid trouble.

"I think we are here," Amber said and looked at the names on the door, "She said apartment on the 2nd floor but it said Park and not Lee"

"Maybe she stayed with a friend?" Krystal suggested

"Maybe" Amber decided to press the doorbell "Min? This is Amber" She said on the speaker

 

Not long after the front door opened. Amber and Krystal slowly went upstairs and waited on the closed door on the second floor. Amber knocked

"Min?" She called her name

She could hear someone walked to the door and then the sound of the door being opened. Amber frowned as she saw a face she didn't recognize.

"I'm sorry," Amber said to the stranger "We are looking for Min. Lee Min-young?"

The woman behind the door eyed Amber and Krystal before she let them in. Krystal had to hold her breath first as the bad odor reached her nose as she placed her feet inside the apartment. The woman had huge dark eye bags, greasy hair, the T-shirt she wears had stains on it as she hadn't washed it for weeks. Amber and Krystal bowed a little bit as the woman pointed to a door and disappeared into another room.

After exchanging looks, Amber knocked on the door and there was a voice she recognize saying "Come in"

Amber couldn't believe her eyes as she first saw Min, she barely recognized her. Min was laying down on a very thin mattress, without a bed, without bedsheet, she lost a lot of weight, her skin pale, her eyes reddened, her blond hair was dirty. If Amber wasn't mistaken, she must be around 6 months pregnant but she barely showed it.

 

"Hey" Amber slowly approached her ex-girlfriend "Krystal is here too"

Krystal nodded to Min, and went to sit next to Amber.

Amber couldn't hide her worried look "How are you? Do you live here now? Why did you move out from your old apartment?"

So many questions in Amber's head. She wasn't sure how much Min wanted to talk about herself right now, considering what went between them.

"No money" Min answered shortly.

"But how?" Amber swallowed her words, she was being careful about Min's feeling "What about him?" Amber continued carefully "Kai. You told him?"

Min snorted "Of course I told that bastard. You know what he said?!"

Amber and Krystal waited for Min to continue

"He said he wanted proof. In black and white. He wanted a DNA-Test to proof that it's his kid. That bastard threw me out of his house and refused to see me ever since"

"Did you already do the test?" Amber asked

Min laughed sarcastically "And how am I supposed to do that? Do you know how much it costs when the baby hasn't been born? He wouldn't give me a penny. I got kicked out of the company after the chief found out I am pregnant. He has no use for  a pregnant dancer, he said." She snorted again "No jobs, no money, and suddenly people that you called friends started disappearing" 

"I'm sorry," Amber said sincerely "Min, why didn't call sooner?"

Min didn't answer.

 

Amber sighed and exchanged looks with Krystal. 

"Min" Amber called, "You said on the phone, you need help. What can I do for you? Should I get your old apartment back? When were you last time at the doctor? You don't look so good. Should we go to the hospital?"

Min shook her head "No, no. No need to do that. This is my home now. Well, I really don't want to bother you but I don't know what to do anymore. Can you lend me some money? I really don't have anything anymore. The rent has to be paid and I need to buy some food"

Amber's heart hurt. It hurt her seeing Min like that, even though they are not lovers anymore, Min was a part of her life for quite some time and she didn't want her to suffer like this. "Sure," Amber said, "How much do you need?"

Min's reddened eyes sparkled as Amber was about to take her wallet out of her back pocket but Krystal gently placed her hand on Ambers. Amber gave her girlfriend a confused look.

"Don't worry. I will give the money back" Min snapped as she saw Krystal stopped Amber from giving her the money.

"It's not that" Krystal answered "Min-shii, I'm sorry to interrupt. Maybe we should assist you a little bit more than just giving you the money. When was the last time you checked up your pregnancy? And like Amber said, you don't look so well, maybe we should take you to the hospital first"

At that time Amber wasn't sure why Krystal stopped her from lending Min the money.

"I'll go by myself if you give me the money. Don't worry" Min said and lifted her hand to Amber "Just give me the money."

Amber hesitated and it made Min snapped.

"What is wrong with you?! If you don't want to help just say it. Leave!" Min shouted

"Min..." Amber wanted to try to clear things but she didn't get a chance because Krystal cut in

"It feels like someone stabbed you with a knife, right? The spasms lasted first only a few seconds but they got longer, more intensive each time and then every inch of your muscle hurt as if you just ran a marathon. You were wondering how could you are still nauseous after puking all your inside out. Your hands trembled so bad that you can even lift your glass to drink" Krystal bit her lip after she said it

"What are you saying?" Min screamed at her

"How long has it been? Your last dose?" Krystal asked carefully

Min laughed "Don't preach here as if you knew how it is"

Krystal inhaled deeply before she answered, "I do. I have been there. I know exactly how you feel"

Min stared at Krystal "Come on. Are you telling me you did drugs?"

Krystal stared back at Min and slowly nodded "I stopped as I realized I was pregnant" she said. 

"So little Miss perfect isn't so perfect after all" Min sneered "Whatever. Amber, are you going to give me the money, or not?"

Amber was shocked as she realized that the reason Krystal stopped her from lending Min the money. She knew that Min is just going to spend the money for the drugs. Amber became even more worried thinking that Min is still staking the drug on her pregnancy, what

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter