1995

Thr33
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The year went so fast, Soojung had to compete in some other competitions, no matter if it's beauty pageant, singing competition, piano, guitar, dancing, she had to join each and everyone of them. No matter how good she was, her mother was never satisfied. The girl was tired but she knew that something always cheer her up, her little green apples. She never found out who sent them, she tried to rush after a performance but they are most probably put there short after the winner announcement. She was sure that it was one of her schoolmates, she never received an apple on competition outside the school.

 

The girl rushed to her locker after the story telling competition, there wasn't any green smiley apple. She waited there until her mother yelled at her to comeback to the stage for the winner announcement. She didn't win anything. 

"You are an idiot, you are nowhere near your sister." her mother hissed at her "No dinner for you today"

Soojung was already used to her calling he names, she didn't even care about the dinner. She run to her locker and found the apple there. This time it said "Fighting!" she smiled and put the apple inside her bag. Her mother scolded her all the way back home but Soojung was busy with her own thought. Thinking about her secret apple friend. She wondered each time if it's a boy or a girl. If she knew her, why did s/he send her apples, why the person never tries to talk to her in person. So many questions she wanted to ask. 

 

She put the apple on her desk and took a picture. Afterwards she opened her drawer, took out a small metal box. She took the box and the new picture, jumped on her bed and opened the box. She smiled at the apple pictures she had inside the box, 8 pictures since last years, she didn't take a picture of the first apple, it supposed to be 9.

9 apples, 9 smileys. Soojung took a good look at each pictures and smiled.

When can I meet you? 

 

Three weeks later, she was up into a singing competition. She practiced for hours everyday but her mind is somewhere else. This time, she's determined to meet her secret apple. On the day of the competition, she repeated the fastest way to get to the locker in her head. At the winner announcement, she stood on the stage with her mom, as the judge announced her as the winner, she yelled "Give the trophy to my mom" and run to the exit.

Please

Please be there

I want to meet you

She was repeating the sentence in her head as she dash to her locker

And she was right

 

Someone stood in front of her locker, a boy with glasses. He put down her bag and took out a green apple, he reached inside her bag again and took out a marker.

It's him

Her secret tinkerbell

 

Soojung took a deep breath before she walked towards the boy

"You could just give it to me, you know" she said in a shaky voice

The boy was surprised and dropped the apple in his hands.

"Y--Y--You--- Wh--Wh---"

He stuttered so bad that Soojung couldn't undertstand him

"Thank you" she said to him "Your apples make me so happy"

He was still shaking

"I'm Soojung" she put out her hand for a handshake but the boy just stared at it "Ah, how stupid I am, I guess you know that already"

She was happy as he nodded. 

"Wh---why--- r--- ar--- are--- y--- y--- you--- h--here?" the boy said

"I wanted to meet you"

"T--the p--pri--price?"

"I'm sure my mom didn't mind receiving the trophy on my behalf"

The boy slowly nodded

"I really wanted to see you. I have so many questions"

"I--- I--- S--s---c----" the boy got even more nervous and stuttered more

"We are on the same class, right?"

He nodded "I s--s---sit a---a---at t--t--t--the---b--b--back. I--I'm s--so---so--sorry"

"For what? For sending me apples?"

He shook his head "F--f--for--- t-h---this" he pointed at himself "I s--s--st--st---stutt---stutt---stuttered. W--wo--worse w--w---w---wh---when--s---s---scared"

"Do I scare you?" Soojung looked at the skinny boy

He shook his head again "S--s---s---supr---supprr---suprised"

Soojung nodded "I'm sorry. What's your name?"

"J--Josephine"

"Josephine?!" Soojung lifted her eyebrow "Why do you have a girl's name?"

"B--be---because I--I I am o--one"

"Oh?" the little girl was suprised and looked at the girl in front of her, the way she dressed and her face, she has such a handsome face, no one would think she is a girl. Soojung realized that she was being impolite and apologize "I'm sorry for mistaken you as a boy"

"I--it's o--okay. A l--lot do"

"Why are you sending me apples?"

The girl with short hair and glasses was flabbergasted at the question "I--I---"

"JUNG SOOJUNG!"

The girls turned their head at the source of the voice and saw Soojung's mother.

"L--L--later" Josephine waved and run away, leaving S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter