Come to the Surface

"Another"

The day of Ji Hyo swimming tournament at Han River has finally arrived. All the contestants are preparing their self at the river edge before the competition. Ji Hyo is one of the contestants who is trying her best state to facing the tournament. Her parents and her uncle Song Suk Jin a producer of big agency “Vinshe” are accompany Ji Hyo and have a light conversations with her coach. Today tournament would become a big hit at Korea. Suk Jin purposely making his staff to personally shoot a live show for their agency. He always show his big support to his only nephew.

“Ji Hyo-ah… are you sure you can do this?” Mrs Song ask her daughter in concern. She really worry about her only daughter expecially with her past trauma of childhood when she has been drown on the river at the village.

“I’m okay mam, I will bet my best… so don’t worry.” Ji Hyo trying to encourage her mother with her smile. Mrs Song can’t really let her daughter to join the tournament from the start, she was worried about her safety. But Ji Hyo and the coach trying their best to persuaded her, so in the end with the heavy heart she said yes.

The tournament has finally started. All the contestant stand on their spot and get ready to swim. When the shoot gun ring through the air, all the contestant jump to the water and competing one each other. In split of time, the 5 top swimmer easily lead the tournaments. They are Song Ji Hyo, Choi Si Won, Shin Se Kyung and the other two from different clubs. The river flow has quiet strong, it makes all the swimmer struggling. There are a hundred of saver boats who accompany the swimmer to securing their safety. Ji Hyo tried her best to keep her speed and fight the river flowing. She was doing all good but suddenly the wind blowing hard and make the flowing of the river stronger. The wind create a waves and drown Ji Hyo and some other swimmer into the river.

Meanwhile, Jong Kook has working his part timer job at the groceries store. The store is not as crowded as usual. He has plenty time to take a rest on the cashier chair. The television in the store airing today’s swimming tournament at the Han River. Jong Kook doesn’t seem really care and just take a glance on the TV once in a while. The reporter of the program explain that a strong wind just blew and make a quiet big waves which make the competition become harder. Ji Hyo’s face then appear at the TV. It seem that she have a hard time dealing with the wave.

Jong Kook staring at the TV longer when he realized that the girl in the screen is the same person that was bothered him some weeks ago. He tried to ignore the TV and take his attentions to do other thing by organizing the groceries on the shelf. He never know that the girl who was bothering him was called Song Ji Hyo and a swimmer athlete. He feels that her appearance at TV make Jong Kook remember the past event which was not too pleased for him. He just doesn’t like her existence around him.

Even though he tried to take his eyes looking at something else, the voice from TV doesn’t escape his ears. Jong Kook can hear what reporter said. Song Ji Hyo just swept by the wave and not appear on the surface yet. It somehow take his concern to staring at TV again. The screen show the surface of the river but the girl was nowhere to be found.

In the other side, Ji Hyo has drowning into the river. The flow is just too strong for her tiny body. It feels that her body just swept some meters away from her previous positions. Ji Hyo has panic, she hardly breath. She tried her best to move her body to the surface but it just doesn’t happened. Suddenly the past feeling of drowning from her trauma fulling her mind. The sensations of her childhood dark experience come to her whole body. It feel that she lost her breath and her heartbeat increasing. The scene of her little body struggling from the flood escape from her mind and it lead to the frame of Kook Jong dead body. Ji Hyo just crying while her body drowning deeper. “mianhe oppa….”

It’s already a minutes since Ji Hyo disappeared from the surface. Some swimmer almost reach the finish line and the tournament keep running. The life savers quickly jump to the river to safe Song Ji Hyo. The tournament situation become hectic when the news about Ji Hyo’s drowning spread fastly. Her family and the coach become really panicked and beg the life saver to safe Ji Hyo.

All the focus of tournament turn to the effort of finding the lost swimmer. Jong Kook who was watching the show can’t help him self but being worry about her too. He put all the groceries on the shelf and get closer to the TV. He praying and hoping that Ji Hyo would be found soon. Even though he doesn’t like the girl there is no chance that he would be happy watching her dying by his own eyes. She can die anytime if the life saver didn’t find her soon.

It’s after five minutes when Ji Hyo has finally found. She was fainting of lacking oxygen. Soon the boat take her to the edge. The ambulance was already there to take Ji Hyo to hospital. Ji Hyo’s family following the ambulance to the hospital. The live show just airing the scene until the ambulance disappear. Jong Kook doesn’t have any idea what would happen to the swimmer, he just hoping deep inside his heart that she would be safe and sound.

♫♫♫♫♫♫

It has been one and half day until Ji Hyo finally wake from her fainting. Her parent was waiting for her all the time in the room. When she finally come to her sense, her mother can’t hold her tears anymore and keep crying. She was afraid that she would lost her daughter again just like 16 years ago. Ji Hyo as well can’t help but crying. She was feeling so bad for her parent who really worried about her. And she was so sad because everthing that was happened remind her of her late love Kook Jong who was died to safe her.

Ji Hyo need a week to recover fully from the accident. After she left the hospital she goes straight to the club. She has staring at the swimming pool for an hour. The accident in the river come to her mind. It makes her frowning and close her eyes in instant but soon she tried to holding it. She take a long breath before jump to the pool. As soon as she was into the water, the image of her drowning a weeks ago and the moment from 16 years ago hunting her mind. It makes her become breathless and can’t swim. The accident from the last time bringing back the trauma that has been buried away into her memories to the surface.

She barely can swin and take a big effort to come to the surface pool. Ji Hyo quickly catch the edge pool and breath hardly. The tears overflowing her eyes. She cried hardly because she know, it’s not possible for her to continue swim with these conditions. Maybe she would need a years or ten years more to recover again. She should give up about her swimming carrier. And it torn her into pieces.

“what should I do? What should I do?” Ji Hyo talking to her self, sobbing. She buried her face between her hand and continue crying. “I’m sorry oppa… I’m sorry”. She keep crying while keep saying sorry and thinking about Kook Jong.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so sooorrrrry for the very late update. I just really busy with stuffs the whole year. But I have a good news! I'm finally graduated!! yeay!! it's mean... I would have plenty time to updates my stories. I would tried to updates as much as and as soon as I can. I hope all of you would glady reading my late update. because I really need all of your encouragement to continue all of my stories. Actually I don't have a passion to continue writing before, but tonight I'm reading you coments and your coments are the only thing who keep me update happily ^^

I know I have a lot of stories that I'm not able to updates or to begin yet, but please please please.....

support me to keep writing so I'm not abandoned my stories.

 

about my spartace videos, I still didn't get the time to looking for their moments yet, so it will take a while for me to be able update my videos, but I don't have a plan to give up of that, so please just waiting for me. oke?? thank you so much for all my loyal reader and wacther! I love you and miss you ~~~~

 

oh right, I will come with a new story again, hehe. I will make the description of the story soon. I'm currently writing the new stories. please forgive me to write a new story before finishing the previous. it just, the ideas keep flowing, I can't let go the chance of it before I forget right? hehe. see you soon