Beginning of the first day

Heart Beat

A girl had awoken from her slumber by a loud beeping sound.

 

"Beep beep beep beep!"

 

Slamming her alarm clock off, she rustled herself out of bed and headed to the bathroom. Once she turned the light on, she groaned at the brightness and the messiness of her hair. The girl grabbed her toothbrush and proceeded to brush her teeth. Thinking to herself, a certain person crossed her mind and made her smile happily.

 

"Today's the day I get to see her again~ Omo! I need to look my best for today!" She finished brushing her teeth and hopped into the shower, making sure she washed throughly. After she was done, she grabbed her school uniform and some flats and rushed downstairs to see her sister making breakfast in the kitchen.

 

"Morning, Gina unnie!" She said cutely as the girl rushed to hug her.

 

"Yah! Let go, Yujin-ah! I have hot food that I could easily smack you with." Yujin just giggled as she let go. She sat down on a chair and waved her feet back and forth, waiting for food to be in front of her. "So, how are you doing this morning? Must be exciting to go back to school, huh?"

 

"Yep! I haven't seen some of my friends since the end of school last year. And plus, I'm a senior now. I'm..." Yujin stuck her arms to her sides and flipped her hair back playfully. "An upperclassman." Gina turned to her and shook her head, whispering "Goof."

 

"And what about that girl? You excited to see her again?" Yujin dropped to her head, a red blush flushing to her face. "Haha! I knew it!" If Yujin could, she would slap her sister's arm, but she had food in her hands and didn't want Gina's food to be ruined.

 

"Unnie! You now how I don't like it when you tease me~" Yujin pouted toward Gina.

 

"I know. But it's fun doing it." Gina eyesmiled while Yujin frowned at her. "Aw, don't frown at your sister like that, not after she's giving you food." Gina placed a plate of rice and pork cubes. Yujin's eyes bulged and grew into a wide smile. She grabbed her chopticks and began eating.

 

"Than yoo, unieeeee!" Yujin said with food in . Gina smiled back at Yujin and ruffled her neatly brushed hair. "Yerrrrr!" Yujin muffles in annoyance. "Er juerst brerrshed errrrt!" Gina laughs at her little as she sits down and starts eating too. After the food was cleared, Yujin started talking.

 

"So, you think I should try and talk to her?" Yujin asked shyly.

 

"Of course I do. Everyone deserves happiness, Yujin, no matter who it is they love. I want you to be happy. And if this girl you like makes you happy, then I will do everything to support you." Yujin started to tear up at her sister's words. She rushed to Gina and gave her a huge hug.

 

"Thank you so much for accepting me, Gina. I don't know what I would do without you." Yujin said softly. Gina hugged Yujin tight, petting her head gently.

 

They let go of the hug and Gina held Yujin's cheek, drying off the leftover tears. "Now stop crying. You know I would never turn on you." Yujin nodded, smiling away. A knock was heard from the door and through the kitchen window, a girl could be seen flailing her arms.

 

"Haha! That must be Sorn." She grabbed her backpack. "Well, I'm off. I'll see you after school, unnie!" Yujin kissed Gina's cheek affectionately and ran toward the door.

 

"Wait! You forgot your lunch, you dummy!" Yujin sighed as she ran back to grab her lunch and headed out. "Bye, Yujin!" Yujin waved as she closed the door.

 

"Good morning, Yujinnie!" Sorn said as she tossed her arm over Yujin's shoulder. Yujin did the same as they walked to school.

 

"Morning, Sorn." Yujin chuckled at her friend's behavior.

 

"Can you BELIEVE we're seniors? Seems like yesterday I threw that soccer ball at your face in 2nd grade." Sorn looked off into the distance, smiling fondly at the memory.

 

"Yah! That really hurt!" Sorn giggled at Yujin's pouting face. "But yeah. I can't believe it either. To think that next year we're going to go our separate ways."

 

"Oh please. You will never be able escape me after high school." Both girls laughed. "So, might I ask..." Sorn trailed off, having Yujin raise her eyebrows in curiousity. "Do you still like Seungyeon?" Yujin's mouth shaped "ah" as she looked toward the ground. Yujin look up shyly, prompting Sorn to say, "I'll take that as a yes."

 

"I know you don't like her, for reasons you will not tell me."

 

"You got that right. And no, I will not tell you."

 

"But I do like her. She makes me feel all fluttery inside like a butterfly." Yujin lets go of Sorn for a second to pretend to fly like a butterfly.

 

"Look, Yujin. I'm just worried that you're going to get hurt if you get rejected because I know you, and you have a tender, fragile heart."

 

"I know you do. And that's really sweet of you. But can you to put down your feelings for me? Pleaseeeeee?" Yujin pouted while whining cutely.

 

"Alright alright! Just stop doing that aegyo in front of me. It's disgusting."

 

"Besides, I've never even talked to her. Who knows what might happen." The two reached the school and watched a flurry of students walking around; boys high-fiving each other, girls hugging from being separated, and groups talking about their summer.

 

"Oh, look over to your left, Yujin." Before Yujin could ask why, Sorn moved her head to the left. Yujin froze as she saw Seungyeon in her school uniform, talking to another popular girl, Sooyoung, or Joy as they call her. Yujin stared at Seungyeon's hair, how wavy it was and it perfectly falling onto her shoulder; her wide smile as she laughed at something Joy had said. Yujin's heart beat erratically and she couldn't look away.

 

"Yah, come on. We're going to be late for Homeroom." Yujin didn't hear her. Sorn sighed as she grabbed Yujin's hand and started dragging. Yujin kept staring at Seungyeon. For a split second, Seungyeon looked toward Yujin curiously. Yujin dropped her head to her side as she was continually being dragged by Sorn.

 

"Seungyeon. What are you staring at?" Joy asked as she looked into the direction she was looking in.

 

"Oh, nothing. I just thought someone was looking at me."

 

"I don't see why anyone wouldn't stare at you, you pretty girl." Seungyeon rolled her eyes at her friend's words. The bell rung, which signaled all the students to rush into class, hoping that no one will be late on the first day of school.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First chapter is up! Woohoo! I hope you really liked that and if you got a little background to some of the characters so far.

Comment, subscribe, and/or upvote if you liked this.

Love Ya! <3

Geeky