The Joy of Children

I'd Hit That

Baekhyun stared at the picture of the girl in his hands. She was approximately 163 cm, 43 kg, and the man who sent for his services described her as someone who never had a frown on her face. Her nickname was, apparently, Joy.

In the photo, she's wearing what appears to be some type of cheerleading outfit; her eyes disappearing behind a bright and dazzling smile. Although she was cropped out, he could see the pink tips of her girlfriend's hair.

A lesbian.

Baekhyun shook his head, wondering why the fact that she was a lesbian mattered so much to the man. He turned the photo around for what felt like the fiftieth time.

Name: Park Sooyoung

Birthdate: September 3rd, 1996

Age:18

And then he felt it again. That anger burning deep inside of him, threatening to spill to the surface. He shoved the photo into the glove compartment, along with his gun before wondering why anyone would want to kill an eighteen year old girl.

Baek reached into the seat behind him for his rubbing alcohol and cotton pads, tending to the wound on his left arm that he received when that girl, when Joy, tried in vain to fight for her life. Thinking about what happened tonight, he was reminded of his youngest victim, a nine year old girl named Minah.

His thoughts were interrupted by a call from his "younger brother", Jongin. As soon as he picked up, a loud whine could be heard through the line.

"Hyuuuuung!"

"What is it?", Baekhyun asked as he allowed a small smile to appear on his lips for the first time that day, a little flustered at his brother's aegyo.  

"Is it done?", his baby brother asked, causing Baekhyun's smile to falter at their father's favorite term.

It.

His father's words echoed in his head.

The first step to killing it is to dehumanize it. That's what you are Baekhyun, you and your brother. You're killers. Don't look at me that way son, it's not a bad term. You should be honored to kill those things! Inhabiting our Earth this way. You and your brother are doing our kind a favor.

He shook his head at the thought, still wondering what his father meant by "our kind".

Technically speaking, Jongin was apart of "those things", but my father kidnapped him after he and killed his mother.His father never told him why he took the kid, but Baekhyun sure as Hell wasn't going to be the one to tell Jongin. The kid had a Hell of a temper.

Just as he was thinking it, Jongin yelled through the phone.

"Are you ing listening to me?!", he asked, forgetting to address his hyung as an elder.

"Jongin".

He could hear his brother calming himself down through the receiver.

"Hyung, daddy wants you home, okay?"

"I'm on my way, baby.. Oh, and if you ever scream at me that way again, I'll rip your off and feed it to Ginger as a side dish".

He threw the phone on the passengers seat before putting his car into drive; leaving the shadows to head home.

He didn't get too far.

Up ahead, he saw a little girl, maybe eleven or twelve, standing in the middle of the road with her thumb out.

Yes, the middle of the road.

Not the side.

He slowed down, wondering if she would jump out of the way at the last minute.

He came to a stop right in front of her, shaking his head and mumbling "kids".

Without a word, she climbed into his car, slamming the door shut behind her before pulling on her seatbelt.

"What's your destination, baby?", he asked as he stared at her, pleased to see a blush spreading across her cheeks. He was no e, that was his father. But he couldn't deny that this girl was cute.

She turned to face the window, her face expressionless as she mumbled "Anywhere's fine with me. Just not here".

Oh.

She was trying to be tough.

Cute.

We'll see about that.