Not eating? How about killing me?

Pineapples and Grapes

On a street corner, a girl wearing a red snapback waits patiently for the light to turn green. Even the school uniform she wears under the big winter coat does not hide her height. Standing at a height of 172 cm for a girl, Ahrim tries to make herself unnoticeable. Getting her sign to go, she walks quickly to the big glass building on the other side with her head lowered. The wind hits her bare legs but that does not stop her from going fast. With the key in her hand, she aims for the keyhole. In a fast and precise gesture, she pushes the door open and runs to the stairs, not wanting to wait for the elevator. Arriving at the 6th floor, catching her breath, she keys in the password, enters and slams the door close.

“UNNIE! I’M HOME!”

“…”

“UNNIE~”

Ahrim falls on the floor and tries to squeeze some tears out of her eyes. She reaches out a hand at the direction of the kitchen. With the hoarsest voice she could make she cries out,

“Unnie… I’m… I’m hungry…”

An opening door is heard. Ahrim quickly her fingers and brings them to her eyes to make it more watery.

“Yah, get off the floor. It's dirty.” A woman in her late-twenties with short hair comes out of the bathroom with a toothbrush in her right hand.

“Unnie…” Ahrim raises her head and pouts.

Jiwon watches Ahrim keeps on with her acting and mentally added two thick-waterfall tears on her cheeks.

This girl…

“There’s fried chicken in the microwave.”

Within a blink of the eyes, the form that was lying on the floor quickly flies into the kitchen. Jiwon rolls her eyes, puts the toothbrush back in the bathroom and follows Ahrim in the kitchen. Inside, Ahrim is already being her usual self, a pig. Jiwon sighs loud and goes to get themselves apple juices. The sigh was meant for Ahrim to hear, but she did not hear it, she was busy… busy eating a whole chicken with her two hands… Jiwon successfully distracted her from the meat with the apple juice. Ahrim looks at her and puts on her best smile according to herself. Jiwon does not quite agree.

“You forgot to take your medicine? You look retard.” Oily stains on her cheek grosses Jiwon out. With full, Ahrim tries to speak as well as she can.

“Unnie, you don’t understand. It was so hard today. Miyeon brought Samgyupsal for lunch today. I only had salad! Why! Why! Why! I was so hungry for the day and the contact lenses are so itching. I could not… hehe… the chicken is good…” Getting the glare from Jiwon, Ahrim quickly shuts up. If there’s one thing Ahrim is afraid of; it is her manager, Kim Jiwon.

“Ahrim-ie, you have to understand that this is the image the agency gave you.” Manager-nim gently says but Ahrim reads from her eyes “You better shut up and do your job before I take away your chicken.”

With fear, Ahrim holds the plate closer and eats faster while nodding her head with force.

“Sweetie, you have a photo-shoot tomorrow,  I already called school today.” Ahrim continues to devour the white meat while nodding her head. She pauses for a second,

“But Unnie, it’s almost the CATs. Can I take that many days off from school?” Jiwon looks at her with an “are-you-serious?” face.

“You know that you won’t go to university after high school anyway. It’s fine. And be frank, you don’t even need to study”

Ahrim smiles foolishly and admits with an arrogant laugh.

“Ah, why were you brushing your teeth? It’s 5pm!”

“I just got home from work, two days of overtime. That is never happening again! So please, my little princess, don’t make any mistake again.”

“What did I do?...”

“…” Don’t tell me she forgot. Don’t tell me she forgot that she broke the camera of the photographer when she tries to sneak in Cola and accidently have it all over the equipment. She forgot that when I had to pretend I did that because we freaking have to protect the fragile, innocent and not-drinking-Cola-or-any-junk-food image of this pig! I even have to work as a assistant for that photographer because of this pig!

Jiwon loses all hope and slowly gets up to go to her bedroom as if she was floating like a ghost.

“What did I do?” Ahrim frowns but quickly gets distracted with the last chicken wing.

*

“Ah… so comfortable!” a girl says while coming out of the bathroom. She wears ahjumma’s pants with a t-shirt obviously gotten for free from an event. Her hair all tied in a super tight ugly bun right in the middle of her head and glasses with thin metallic frames from the 80s are hanging on her nose. Who is this ugly girl? Wait… is that… is that the perfect, innocent, fragile and sweet princess Jung Ahrim?!?

“Unnie, I’m hungry…” Ahrim jumps on Jiwon’s back while the older is trying to get some work done on her laptop.

“Go away. I’m dealing with your schedule. You just ate a whole chicken before your shower.”

“Unnie…” Ahrim pulls out her typical puppy face. Unfortunately, she does not have any makeup on right now. Having that supposedly cute facial expression just makes Jiwon want to beat her up.

“Can I go buy noodle? Please, please, please, please, please, pretty please! Will the most awesome manager and the best unnie in the world let me go?”

“No.” Jiwon does not even let her eyes wander of the screen.

“Unnie, please! Please, please, please, please…” two minutes went on when Jiwon finally slams her laptop shut.

“Who am I?” Jiwon asks with her serious face on. Ahrim looks up with big round eyes,

“The world’s best unnie, best manager, most beautiful and awesome woman, Kim Jiwon” Ahrim recites as a bible.

HA HA HA!

The witch inside Jiwon laughed evilly. Seeing her good reaction, Ahrim continues to add sauce.

“Unnie, you’re so good to me. No one recognize me without makeup anyway. Please accept! You’re a good person! I love you so much! I’m so happy I got you as my manager and not the y Mr. Kim.”

Please, unnie, accept… Ahrim crosses her fingers behind her back.

Of course, I am better! Kim Junmyun is not even an enemy!

“Alright, you can go! Be sure to be subtle! You don’t want tomorrow’s news on your school’s forum to be “Jung Ahrim, eating junk food like a pig! The goddess is a lie!””

“Yes commander! The mission will be accomplished without mistake!” Ahrim stands straight and put her hand against her forehead as if she is saluting a real commander. Jiwon shakes her head and let out a small laugh before waving her off. The next second, only dust is left where the model was standing.

*

What should I take? The pork-flavoured ramyun or the seafood udon? Hehe what about both? Ahrim tries to laugh silently in front of the various choices she got but that still does not stop her shoulders from shaking. This is totally not what a model should do! Who cares? No one recognizes me! Muahaha!

Out of nowhere, a hand tries to get the beef ramyun on sales under the famous Shin ramyun. Ahrim quickly glances over. Oh no! Is he… Is he trying to get those ramyun?! I have to stop him!

“STOP!” Ahrim quickly grabs his wrist before he could reach the beef ramyun.

“Are you buying this? No, seriously? This is the worst ramyun I have eaten in my life! Don’t eat those! If you want beef ramyun, take this brand.” Ahrim shoves a blue package of ramyun with a cartoon ox on the cover. “They even offer temporary tattoo!” She pushes her watch up to show the same cartoon ox on her wrist.

“…”

Ahrim suddenly feels the awkwardness. Now that she pays attention to the guy, she notices how handsome he is. Being a model, she has a thing for height. This guy must measures more 185 cm. Tall nose, small but thick lips and a perfect v-line chin! How can a guy look so perfect! Even better than me… Ahrim is a little bit saddened by this fact but quickly gets a hold of herself, Run, Ahrim, run!

“No need to thank me! Got to go! Bye!” Ahrim quickly ran off. Outside the supermarket, Ahrim stays still on the sidewalk, curled as a ball.

Why! Why! Why! Why does this always happen to me! What do I act faster than my brain! Why, brain, can’t you be faster!

After wiping a few imaginary tears, Ahrim realizes a national’s problem.

I FORGOT MY RAMYUNS!


So here's the first chapter! Leave comments hehe! Is that enough? or should a chapter be longer?

See you in the next chapter! (should be tomorrow)

;) xoxo