F I N A L

Winter Happiness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Welcome to Loving Coffee, may I help you?” You smiled at the customers in front of you. They were a couple in their teens. You resisted the urge to roll your eyes when they wrapped their arms around each other and shared an eskimo kiss.

“I would like an Iced Caramel for myself and a plain Cappucino for my boyfriend.” The girl smiled, almost too brightly for you. You nodded and started on the orders right away. Just when you were done with the iced caramel, the girl called out to you again. “Oops, sorry! I would like to change my Iced Caramel to a Chocolate Whip, please!”

You shot them a small glare but of course, they wouldn’t notice without even looking away from each other.

“Mentally killing them?” a voice came from behind you. You turned to look at one of your closest co-workers, Baekhyun, as he put a dollop of frosting onto a chocolate cupcake.

“You have no idea.” You muttered as you shook a can of whipping cream and topped it onto the chocolate drink.

Baekhyun chuckled. He started being your close friend ever since you started working in the café. He was a good 3 years older than you and treated you like a younger sister. He was the one who taught you how to make a simple coffee with a coffee machine. He was the one who covered up for you when you got in trouble with your boss. You were also close with his girlfriend, Yeji, as she would often drop by and converse with the two of you to make work seem less boring.

“Don’t worry, ~~~~! The day will be over before you know it! Besides, it’s Christmas Eve which means that the customers will be leaving early tonight!” Baekhyun excitedly said.

“Yeah, nothing better than spending Christmas Eve with a bunch of customers you barely know.” You muttered as you poured milk into the cappuccino, creating a little swirl on the top.

After you served the couple, you cleaned your hands with a wet towel and helped Baekhyun decorate the chocolate cupcakes.

“Aigoo, ~~~” Baekhyun deeply frowned as he looked at you. In the midst of decorating and talking, you had somehow gotten frosting onto your nose and cheeks. “Are you frosting the cupcakes or frosting your face?”

You crossed your arms as Baekhyun wiped your face with a paper towel. “It’s not my fault I’m not so much of a professional unlike you.”

“What am I supposed to do with you, ~~~?” Baekhyun sighed, “You’re a mess in a dress.”

“I’m not wearing a dress.” You smirked at him.

“Yeah, but you’re wearing a skirt.” Baekhyun pointed out. Your smirk was completely wiped off when you glared at him. Of course, your uniform just had to have a skirt with it.

“Arasso, arasso.” You pouted and leaned on the counter as you watched Baekhyun continue on his cupcake decorating. He had practically banned you from going near his creations, let alone decorate them.

Baekhyun had always been a great baker. That was why he was in charge of making pastries and decorating. While you were outside making coffee, he was at the back either baking pastries or refilling supplies. That was why the café you worked in was popular in your district. The café was of course known for Baekhyun’s professional baking. You could tell he would be going a long way with those talented hands. It was no wonder he had such beautiful hands. You always that instead of “Baekhyun”, his name should’ve been spelt “Bake-hyun.”

“Also, ~~~, you may not be good at baking but you do make a killer cappuccino.” Baekhyun smirked as he sprinkled chocolate rice onto the cupcakes.

“It was because you were the one who taught me how to work the machine, smarty pants.” You raised an eyebrow. Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head, defeated.

---

It was already nearing 11pm and only three to four customers were left in the café. They were either doing their work or just surfing the web with the free wi-fi the café provided.

You were wiping the counters when Baekhyun tapped your shoulder from the back. You turned around and pouted when you saw him putting on his coat and scarf. His apron had already been hung up on the wall. “You’re going already?”

Baekhyun nodded but noticed the frown on your face. He, too, pouted. “Do you want me to close the shop early? I don’t want you to be all alone in the café until midnight. Especially when it’s cold outside. Who’s going to take you home now?”

“Baekhyun, I’m 18, not 8. I’m be fine. Trust me, I’d rather stay in the comfort of the warm café than be reading manhwa in the boring depths of my boring home.” You looked at him with an assuring look.

“You know you can join me and Yeji. It’ll be just the three of us spending Christmas Eve!” Baekhyun grinned while putting on his gloves.

You gave him a look, “And be the third wheel while the two of you spit swap in front of me? No, thanks.”

Baekhyun reddened, “H-Hey, we don’t spit swap just anywhere, you know!”

“Yeah, yeah. Just go! I don’t want Yeji unnie to be worried while waiting for you. She might think you got lost in the snow considering how small sized you are.” You chortled.

Baekhyun glared at you but still persisted. “Okay but turn off all the appliances once you’re done with them! Don’t make a mess! Refrigerate the cakes, don’t leave them on display! Don’t eat all of the pastries, it takes me decades to finish all of the batches! Make sure you pull the door to check if you locked it properly!”

“Okay, mom. Now go! Enjoy your date with Yeji unnie or whatever, just go!” You made shooing motions with your hands.

“Mom?! Y-You! Just wait until I get my hands on you next week!” Baekhyun stor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter