Chapter 1

A Staff and A dancer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, you got the job?" Jeanne exclaimed excitedly, a big smile approaching my eyes, her own eyes twinkling with excitement.

I responded with a nod and took a sip from the fresh cup of coffee I had ordered a while ago. "I got the job, obviously."

"Noooooo, you have to have passion for doing this job, Y/N. Because this is freaking amazing! You will be working with some very talented people."

Jeanne's response was enthusiastic, and she even shook her body in excitement upon hearing that I got the job. She's very lively, kind, has a good sense of humor, and likes to move around in every place she goes. While I prefer to be quiet and distant, I am more of an introverted kind of person. We have known each other since childhood when both of our mothers were also best friends since high school, so it's like we also got the same fate and became best friends.

We attended the same high school, but we chose different colleges since we had different courses to pursue. She studied nursing while I studied computer science. She is working in a hospital now, while I am not working in the tech industry because I realized too late that I don't really want this job. It feels like it's the life out of me. So, I decided to take a new job that is outside of my comfort zone, as a production staff or crew member for a new dance reality show that will soon be aired on national television in Korea.

She is a golden retriever while I was the black cat in some kid's story.

"Jam Republic, a dance crew from America?" Jeanne raised one of her eyebrows with curiosity, as hinted in her eyes. She looked up to meet my eyes while pointing at my phone, which she had borrowed from me.

I followed her hand and smiled a little bit as I snatched back my phone and turned it off before I gazed into her. I was amused and replied, "Yes? This company wanted a fresh change for the audience. You know, using international crews to gain something for the company or themselves. I don't know."

"Really, using them?"

I nodded. I saw her giggling, probably because of what I said. "It's so easy to tell what people want, Jeanne. You are so dumb."

Jeanne laughed so hard that her chubby cheeks suddenly swelled. She put down her phone, which she had used earlier to Google everything about the members of the international crew, and said, "That's not so sure. You're just overthinking everything, and that is bad."

"It's not bad. These are my thoughts, and I just wante

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter