Chapter 1

Into the New World
Please log in to read the full chapter

If someone would come up to you and say that there is a secret world where mythical beings live, would you believe it?

Take my hand, as a big adventure awaits you. 

The world is a beautiful piece of art, hidden from the sight of mortals. If they could enter, the entire world would get destroyed, its beauty withering like a cherry blossom after blossoming.

Oh, there are cherry blossoms, gathered around the main road to the elf king's castle, welcoming newcomers with their refreshing spring aroma.

Elfs aren't the only inhabitants of this miraculous world,yet they are the rulers. 

You can find dwarves, fairies, dragons, goblins and every imaginary character ever created by an enthusiastic child or creativity driven adult.

They all share one thing in common- their hearts are fueled by humans in an indirect way.

Elves have chosen an emotion to follow, dwarves unfortunately took up the lifespan of generation while creatures from the imagination lasted as long as their creators did.

If they have such a strong connection to humans, why aren't the mortals welcomed?

In the very beginning, when the universe was just a small point in the cosmos, the very first ancestors of humans lived. They had the same characteristics but the life span was lengthened to infinity.

It was their greed and lust for power that got them a lifelong ban from the preternatural world. 

Some might suggest that the Earth was made to inhabit the criminal humans as a punishment but it is just
 a legend which  no elf or goblin has confirmed.

Then how do humans know of the supernatural world? 

It itself is a mystery tied with secrets and doubts. Maybe, just maybe, there is a spy!

What can a mere human offer to a magical entity? 

No one knows, that's why the whole thought of betrayal seemed ridiculous.

They have enough inner conflicts happening inside the supposedly peaceful sphere. 

Not everyone likes having elves in charge. Even if they have rightfully earned their power and rights to rule.

It was the elf intelligence combined with graceful fighting skills no other being could copy. 

On numerous accounts elves had saved the society from crumbling beneath their feet.

The uprising about to happen, they might not be able to stop. 

Ah, so I got your attention now. 

Let's take a closer look!

The rhythmical sound of water flowing from the nearby river matched the pace of one special elf girl's heart. 


Today was the day she had been waiting for the last one hundred years. 

A special occurrence which happened only once in elves lifespan 

The blooming of Life and Death rose. 

The rose signified love. For each individual it was different. One saw their romantic partner, the other became aware of love between family members. 

Gorgeous but fragile flower would show everyone the meaning of life which was love of course. 

Each being happened to see the rose differently. Individuality was highly valued. 

Not everyone was supposed to see the beauty of this event because for some the plant will never bloom. 

That meant only one thing. 

Wonyoung shuddered. True to her name, she was original, having taken a liking for exploring different creatures and the world before it was taken over by her kin.

She was also extremely beautiful, her fe

Please log in to read the full chapter