Part 1

FREEDOM OF AN ANGEL
Please log in to read the full chapter

The weather outside was splendid, the sun casting a warm glow on the bustling activities of the people around the house. From a small upper window, a boy gazed longingly at the world beyond. "I want to go outside," he whispered to himself, a wish that seemed like a distant dream.

The maid, Hannie, knocked on the door and entered, setting a tray on the table. The boy observed her closely notice something in his maid pocket. He was fidgeting a while before took the courage and finally asked her, "Hannie-ah, what's that in your pocket?"

Hannie's eyes widened in panic. while panickily trying to hide the stuff from the boy eye. "I'm terribly sorry, young master. I forgot to return it to my locker. Please don't tell your parents! "A hint of sadness and can be seen in his eyes as reassured her, "Don't worry, Hannie. They never listen to me anyway."

Hesitantly, Hannie retrieved the device – an IPod – from her pocket. "It's called an IPod. You can listen to music with it. The boy's eyes sparkled with curiosity. It was his first glimpse of such a device. His parents had sternly forbidden him from owning any kind of electronic device, asserting that he didn't deserve such privileges. They often labeled him as a "stupid monster" and insisted he would never be capable of learning how to use such gadgets.

Deep down, the boy knew that his parents' words were a cruel lie, a façade they maintained to keep him in check. Yet, he had grown accustomed to this na

Please log in to read the full chapter