Warmth

Kkubi Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kkubi Shot No. 1: Warmth

 

'It's cold'

 

Sakura thought as soon as she rested her head on the plump material beneath her. She hissed, for the coldness of it wrapped around her skin. It prickles through her jacket along with her sock clad feet. She shuffled for a few moments, trying to find a position comfortable for her, warm for her, and when she did. She feels content, somewhat.


 

This feeling is familiar, she noted. So familiar in fact, but before she could recall the memory of it, she feels herself drifting away as—



 

"—you're spacing out again."


 

Sakura snapped back from her thoughts and quickly focused her eyes back and started to ramble for an excuse to the woman in front of her, who chuckled at her actions. 


 

She felt a light squeeze on her hand that stopped her from forming words altogether, she smiled, almost instinctively, before she looked up and met the crescent chocolate eyes staring back at her, a content smile plastered on the woman's face before she spoke, 


 

"Let's walk home, yeah?" 


 

Sakura looked at the woman quizzically.


 

"But we brought the car, right?" 


 

The woman's smirk drops as Sakura points at the nearby car parked outside the coffee shop they were at. 


 

"But I don't want to drive home." The woman whined. "I wanna walk, can we Kkura-yah?" 


 

Sakura pretends to think deeply at the woman's plea. "But you'll get cold," she said. 


 

"I won't." The woman said, proudly. 


 

"I'll get cold?" 


 

"Are you asking me a question or you're stating a fact?" 


 

Sakura chuckled. "Maybe? Why do you want to walk anyway?"


 

"I just want to, can't we?" The woman said as her eyebrows slowly slanted downwards, her eyes somehow looked bigger, and adorable, as she batted her eyelashes slowly, and slowly curled into a pout. 


 

"Eunbi, it's freezing." 


 

But the woman continued her antics.


 

"Who's going to get the car?" 


 

"I'll come back to get it," Eunbi stated, before continuing to her previous antic.


 

And Sakura thought it was the most adorable thing she ever saw. 


 

But as much as she wanted to agree, it's cold, it's freezing, and she hates it. So she looked away and focused herself on the counter, which looked blurred for a moment, but with a few quick blinks, the counter looked clear. She just focused on looking at it.


 

"Pwease kkura?" 


 

But apparently, Miyawaki Sakura isn't strong enough for those pleas. 


 

Plus, maybe she should've covered her ears too.


 

"Alright. Let's walk" A short squeal from Eunbi as she leaped with joy in her seat, "But don't come back for it, just tell Chaeyeon to get it for you" she added. 


 

Eunbi nodded enthusiastically. And as soon as Sakura paid for their drinks, they stepped outside. 


 

Sakura felt a shiver run through her spine. And wanted to drag the woman beside her to get in the car and drive home, now. But before she could, the woman wrapped her glove clad hand on hers and Sakura felt warm. Making all her attempted protests forgotten.


 

"Let's go?" Eunbi prompt.


 

"Yeah, let's"


 

Along the way, Eunbi chatted about all sorts of things Sakura couldn't understand, but she nodded along the way. She's just holding Eunbi's hand, swinging it. She's just admiring Eunbi's face, whilst walking through a street that's familiar to her, but couldn't pinpoint where exactly. And she's not bothered by it. The twinkle in Eunbi's eyes while she passionately talks about what Geumbi, her dog, did today or from before. Her rose red nose and pinkish cheeks due to the cold. Her little smiles and smirks in betweens, every laugh, and every snorts sounds music to her ears, all of what Eunbi does makes Sakura feel warm, even though she could feel the tip of nose froze,


 

Watching and being with Eunbi makes her endure or sometimes forget the frosting cold weather that she always whines of.


 

With the use of her free hand, she held Eunbi's head and leaned in to kiss the older woman's temple, which made Eunbi quite startled by the action and stopped talking. Sakura quickly pulled back.


 

"Sorry, my lips are cold huh?" Sakura apologized, she didn't know why, but she thought Eunbi was uncomfortable with what she did. She was going to apologize once more but Eunbi just smiled at her, with her all too familiar gummy smile. 


 

"It's okay, I like it." 


 

"I'll keep doing it in the future then," 


 

Eunbi hummed. "I won't object to that."


 

She leaned into Sakura's shoulders, melting to it. And Sakura lets go of their intertwined hands to wrap it around Eunbi's shoulders to keep her in place, keep her beside her. She let go of a breath she didn't know she was holding, and kept walking.


 

She snorted when she felt Eunbi shivered beside her. 


 

"Cold now, aren't you?" 


 

Eunbi gave her a side-eye before huffing, "It's your fault, you're not warm enough." 


 

She stopped walking to look Eunbi in the eyes, a playful smile on her lips "Yes. And I did tell you that the car will provide us the perfect warmth you seek now, but you're too stubborn and wanted to walk for some reason, and here I am, graciously receiving your jabs because my body heat is not enough for you to fight the cold." 


 

Eunbi just huffs beside her and murmurs something about Sakura being an idiot. 


 

She lets go of Eunbi and slowly opens her coat, welcoming the cold, and enduring a shiver to show as she opens up her arms, inviting Eunbi. 


 

"Come here then, so I will not hear you complaining about your choices from earlier and mind you, I am a great heater" 


 

She hears Eunbi guffawed at her but moments later, she still hugs her, accepting the younger woman's invitation in providing warmth. 


 

"I'm cold," Eunbi whispers as she rests her head at the crook of Sakura's neck. 


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter