Chapter One

A Love Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was a fine spring afternoon with two youngsters on a porch, one with her book and the other with her snacks.

“What do you want to do when you grow up, Seungwan?” Eleven-year-old Joohyun asks as she munches her cookies.

“I don’t know,” answers eight-year-old Seungwan, her eyes still fixed at the book she’s reading.

“Really? I thought kids your age has their dreams figured out. You love to read science books so maybe you want to be a doctor or a scientist?”

Seungwan closed her book and faced Joohyun, “Well, I’m not like the other kids. I think dreams shouldn’t be taken lightly. I love science but I don’t think it’s enough for me to be a doctor or a scientist. I don’t want to do it just for the sake of it. I should really mean it if I really want to do it.”

Adoration was written on Joohyun’s face as she listens to Seungwan’s every word. One of the many things she likes about her is that she’s too mature for her age. She likes that she’s different from the other girls her age.

“Let me return your question. What do you want to do when you grow up, Joohyun unnie?”

Joohyun’s face brightened at the question. She let’s go of the cookie she’s holding and stood up.

“I want to marry you when I grow up Son Seungwan!”

“Oh, sorry to disappoint you unnie, but that’s impossible.”

“What?! Why?!”

“Two girls can’t get married. It’s only for a boy and a girl. It’s what the tv and the books say.”

Joohyun’s face contorted as she started crying, “No! We can get married! I’m going to marry you and we will be happy together! Umma said we can!”

Her cries became louder and it reached her mother so the woman went out to the porch to see what is happening.

“What is wrong? Why are you crying?” She went to her daughter’s side and consoled her. Joohyun hugged her mother.

“Umma! Seungwan said we can’t get mar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter