The Sad Goodbye

When She Knew
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She didn't think too much of it. When she found out the dates of her shampoo CF in Bangkok, instead of the normal 3 to 4 days, she made sure her bosses and managers know that she'd like to spend a few extra days to just enjoy and relax without work. With the amount of money her product endorsement is about to earn her talent agency, a few days of vacation won't hurt. 

 

She arrived in Thailand excited about her plans of shopping, eating, and sleeping. She didn't have to worry about work until after her 3rd day. She mindlessly enjoyed herself, grateful for the blessings and eager to share with the people she loved, she didn't think twice about shopping for her loved ones. Elephant pants? She's got more than a dozen. Khaosan tourist shirts? She's gotten more than enough that she needed her staff's help carrying bags. Essential oils, carved soaps, candle diffusers, and pretty much anything that will make her room smell like a spa was bought and boxed. 

 

On her third day, while getting her hair and make up done, to busy herself she started playing on her phone. Getting photo-video ready for important endoresements normally take at least two hours. When finally she got around to checking IG, she was more than suprised to see that a lot of her fans started tagging her on G-Dragon's photos. Comments about her needing to go back to Seoul was also too much to count. 

Unnie, hurry back to Seoul and go see Jiyong

Go say goodbye to GD before it's too late, Dara

4 DAYS til Our Dragon leaves his queen #daragontilwhenever

Too sad, so sad. Jiyong & Dara FOREVER

 

She didn't put too much thought into it before she left, but she is now just realizing that she will indeed not be able to say goodbye to her good friend, once lover, Kwon Jiyong. A few days before she left for Bangkok, she spent a good amount of time with him. Several days, in fact. He even went out of his way to clear his schedule on days that she shot DARA TV at his PMO office. She tried to recall if she was able to properly bid him goodbye and wish him luck during their last time together but she can't for the life of her, remember if she did. 

 

If she were being honest, she was in denial about his 2 year military stint since he announced it for all the world to know. Maybe they both were. Because she can not remember him talking about his feelings regarding his enlistment at all. Which should be strange because they talked about everything. They became really good friends, best friends almost, even after their messy break up a few years back. They kept nothing from each other. Even the stuff that she didn't want to know - like his whirlwind romance with Kiko and his most recent, uneventful fling with Jooyeon, she was aware of. Because he told her. 

 

So now that she's realizing that the one thing they both didn't talk about during the many days and nights that they shared meals, and hung out together in Seoul days before she left was him enlisting, she felt a sudden panic. Without thinking she sent him an instant message. 

 

CALL ME. IT'S URGENT.

 

and not a few seconds later, her phone is ringing. She didn't feel back that she has to delay her hair and make up but she excused herself from her staff and went out the small balcony and closed the glass doors so she can have the privacy she needs. She hasn't answered the call yet. She's feeling nervous. Her hands felt cold, too cold for a Sunny day in Bangkok. 

 

Yeoboseyo? she answered finally. 

 

You okay? What's wrong? Are you hurt?

 

Jiyong, you'll begin your service in several days.

 

Yes. Yes. But what's wrong? What's urgent?  she can hear the panic in his voice

 

Do you know the time you'll enter on the 27th?

 

No, not really. I'm assuming I'll be there early afternoon. Possibly around 2? I'm not sure. Why?

 

Jiyongah, I didn't even get to say goodbye.. I.. I feel terrible. 

 

When will you be back to Seoul?

 

Early evening of the 27th. 

 

Oh. 

 

Yeah. 

 

They were silent for a little bit until she heard someone open the sliding door of the balcony. It was one of the staff who immediately went back in when he saw her. She breathed a heavy sigh and broke the silence. 

 

Mianhe, Jiyongah. I've been in denial. I didn't want to say goodbye, really. Not having you near for two years is difficult to even think of, let alone accept. You've been one of my best friends in the whole world and... I guess.. I guess, I really didn't want to say goodbye. But now that I know that I actually won't have a chance.. I feel terrible. I feel sorry. 

 

No need to feel terrible. I didn't want you to say goodbye. No goodbyes. I'll be back before you know it. 2 years will go by fast. He reassured her, but the sadness in his voice didn't convince her. 

 

Right. No goodbyes. Just see you later. 

 

Yes, that sounds better. 

 

Jiyong?

 

Yes?

 

Take care always, okay? Be strong. You'll serve the country as well as you serve your fans. We'll all be waiting for your return. 

 

Dara-ya, I will miss you, you little rabbit. 

 

I got to go now, I need to finish my shoot. 

 

Talk to you later, Tokki. 

 

She really didn't need to end the call so quickly. She's the star of the campaign, everyone can wait. But when he said he'll miss her, she felt too emotional,she knew she was about to cry. And she didn't want him to hear. She wanted him to be strong. 

 

The entire shoot was unbearable. She couldn't concentrate on her work. A simple shoot that could've taken a good two hours turned into three. She can't make her face look like she's having the time of her life, when all she can think of is Jiyong starting his service and not seeing him for two years. She was miserable to say the least. She went back to her hotel room instead of heading out to a restaurant with her staff. She sent them away with her credit card so they can still have fun before ending the night. 

 

She ate a small pastry she bought at the hotel cafe then got herself ready for bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow, her phone started vibrating. It was Jiyong. Se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter