Regret

When I Was Your Man
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: Long Chapter ahead. Thanks for those who subscribing this story and waiting for it. Enjoy :)


 

 

Same bed but it feels just a little bit bigger now

 

Sun rays penetrated the white gordyn which covered that quiet apartment’s window and greeted a man who was still in his deep sleep. That man tried to avoid the sun rays but he gave up when his efforts didn’t work. He opened his eyes slowly then turned his body so now he was leaning on his side.

“Good morning.” He found a girl who was laying beside him smiled at him.

He shut his eyes as if he was afraid of someting but then opened his eyes again and found that the girl was no longer beside him.

She was gone.

 

“Good morning.” She greeted as she rubbed her eyes sleepily then yawned. Luhan just chuckled at the sight of the girl who was in his embrace. “Good morning.” He greeted back with his deep husky voice with a smile was plastered on his gorgeous face.

“Did you have a good sleep?” She asked with her eyes closed. “Of course, I slept with my big fluffy bolster last night. So what can be the reason i didn’t have a good sleep last night?” He said, earning a slap on his chest from her. Luhan just chuckled then pecked the side of her head side, “Wake up. It’s already morning. You have to work, baby.”

“But i’m still sleepy. Can i just not go to work for today? I’m really tired.”  She whinned. “Nah, you still have to go to work..Wake up, babe.” He carresed her arm softly. But the girl still didn’t want to open her eyes and left the comfortable big fluffy bed.

“You don’t want to wake up?” He question her and  received no answer from the girl. “Alright then.”

The next thing she knew, a pair of plump lips was pressed against her lips sofly. She felt shivers running down her veins but she chose to pretend ignoring the kiss. “You,” he kissed her lips, “have to” he kissed her lips for the second time, “wake up,” he kissed the girl’s lips again. “Babe.” He planted a soft kiss on her lips again but this time  for a long time and carresed her bare skin under her pajamas.

She opened her eyes and giggles were escaped from her lips as she could feel ticklish around her. Luhan let out a sigh as he could feel her lips parted. After a while, Luhan pulled back and smiled at her then pecked the girl’s lips.

“Get ready or you will be late, Mrs. Lu.”He teased.

“Arraseo, Kisser monster.”

 

He just looked at the empty space beside him with a blank look. He heaved a sigh then rolled down from the bed and walked toward his bathroom.

He washed his face then faced the mirror while he was brushing his teeth. Suddenly his eyes darted on a razor in a transparent glass beside a pink toothbrush, her toothbrush

 

He just let out a chuckle as he found his girlfriend was brushing her teeth like a child. The girl spat foam of the mint toothpaste and rinsed then looked up, finding her boyfriend looking at her through the reflection on mirror.

“What?”

“Nothing.” He shook his head with a little smile on his face as he reached out for a bottlespray of shaving cream.”Let me put that for you.” The girl said as she snatched the bottlespray from him. “No. I don’t want you to shave my beard, you can scratch my face!” He snatched the bottlespray back from the girl and gave a girl look.

“Oh come on, i won’t scratch your face.I’ll be careful, eung eung?” she gave him a cute-yet-pleading look. Luhan just heaved a sigh, knowing he will never win over his girlfriend’s aegyo. “Okay. Don’t scratch it, hm?” He gave her the bottlespray and the razor then faced the mirror as the girl beamed at him.

“Look at me, you don’t want me to scratch your face, do you? So face me.” The girl ordered as she pulled his chin to face her.“Do you have any meeting today?” She asked while she was still shaving his beard. “No. Why?”

“Shall we have a lunch together later?” She asked with excitement in her tone. “Arraseo, Mrs.Lu.” he teased as he  looked at her girlfriend who was concentrating on shaving his beard.

He wanted to laugh as he observed the serious expression yet cute on her face. He loves to seeing her girlfriend’s face like this, making him realized how lucky he is to have a girlfriend who has beautiful yet angelic face.

But that’s  just the little thing that make he loves her.

He loves her smile, a smile that always makes people around her to smile. He loves her laugh, a laugh that always makes him to laugh too. He loves her voice that sounds like a melody to his ear. He loves her clumsiness that makes him to always take care of her and protect her. He loves her hug and kisses that always calm him down. He loves everthing about her.

He pulled her chin close to him then planted a soft sweet kiss on his girlfriend’s lips. He pulled back before taking her lips in his with his eyes closed. A smile was plastered on his gorgeous face as he could feel the girl kissed him back.

After a long sweet kiss session, he pulled back and opened his eyes then placed his forehead on her forehead. “What was that for? I’m sure the cream is on all over my face, isn’t it?” She pouted at him, earning a chuckle from Luhan.

He planted a soft kiss on her lips again but for a short time then pulled back and put his face close to her. “I love you so much. You know that,right?” He said. The girl smiled as she heard what her boyfriend said, “Of course i know that. And guess what?”

She wrapped her arms around his neck and stood on her tiptoe to kissed him briefly, “  I love you too, Mr.Santa Claus.”

 

 He stopped brushing his tooth then rinsed his mouth.  He place his arms on the edge of the wastafel and shook his head, trying to get out the memories out from his head and started to getting ready to go out.

 

Our song on the radio but it didn’t sound the same

 

He stepped back to let a girl to go out from that building then stepped into it.  He looked around and walked toward an aisle to find what he needed. Songs on the radio were echoed in that busy mini-market, accompanying customers in that building who were shopping.

He froze as he heard a familiar song playing on the radio, their favorite song.

 

 “What’s with the sudden trip?”

“You whined at me to plan a trip for celebrating our first anniversary, remember?” He shifted away his attention from the road and rose his eyebrow at his girlfriend. “Really? I thought you already forget about it.” Luhan just rolled his eyes at her after hearing what his girl said.

“Aigoo, our Luhan is really considerate, isn’t he?”The girl praised and pinched her boyfriend’s cheek. “Yah stop pinching me. I’m driving and you distrub me. You don’t want to us to die, do you?” He scolded her, earning a giggle from her.

After that conversation, it was just the silence in the car. Luhan glanced and found his girlfriend staring at the scenery through the window with a smile on her face.

“You really that happy about having this trip, do you?” Luhan questioned her. “Of course. It’s been a long time since i had a holiday and besides it’s our first trip together.” She said without shifting her gaze from the scenery of ocean. Luhan just chuckled seeing the sight of her girlfriend who didn’t want to pry her eyes of the scenery.

He turned his attention to the road again and tuned up the radio’s sound volume, uncomfortable with the silence in the car.

“Oppa do you know this song?” She questioned him as she heard a familiar song on the radio.”A little. I just know that this is one of Cool’s songs. Is that right?” 

“Eung. My older sister always played this songs when i was little.So I kind of like this song. It’s a nice song, isn’t it?” She questioned, earning a hum from Luhan.

Neoreul wihaeseo neomaneul wihaeseo

For you, only for you
Nan sesang modeun geol da angyeo jujineun motajiman
I might not be able to give you the whole world but

Nan neoegeman ije yaksokhalge
Now I will promise only to you
 

Luhan glanced at her and found her singing along with her cellphone on her hand as the mic.

 

Ojik neoreul wihan naega doelge

I will be a person who is only for you

It’s only for you just wanna be for you

Neon geureoke jigeum moseup geudaero nae gyeote isseumyeon dwae
You just need to stay by my side just as you are right now
Nan dasi taeeonado yeongwonhi neoman barabolge

Even if I’m born again, I want to look at only you forever

 

The girl streched out her cellphone to his lips. Luhan just let out a chuckle and sang along with her at the end.

 

Luhan just rubbed his pale-yet-gorgeous face as he continued to finding what he needed.

 

 Too young, too dumb to realize

 

He stepped out from the building with his hands in his pocket and walked away from that busy building.  He observed his surrounding with a smile plastered on his face. Today’s weather was great, boosting up your mood to do your busy daily activities.

His steps suddenly was stopped when he was already in front of a shop, a florist shop. As he observed the florist shop’s display on the window, his eyes suddenly darted to a bucket of flower.

A bucket of sunflower

Her favorite

 

That I should’ve bought you flower

 

“Thank you for coming. Have a nice day, sir.” He turned his head as that voice reached his ear and found a man around his age was walking out from that shop with a bucket of flower on his hands and a smile plastered on his face.

Luhan just stood there and observed that man who was walking away further from him. His eyebrow was risen as he found that man stopped his steps. That man walked toward a girl who was sitting under the umbrella’s cafe with that bucket of flowers hidden behind his body.

 The girl turned her head to that flower guy as her shoulder was tapped and found a bucket of flowers in front of her. A smile was plastered on her face as she aware what that man was doing. That man sat across her and observed her reaction.

Luhan could see that guy was asking that girl about the flower by his lips movement. The girl breathed in the flower’s sweet scent, nodded her head and said something to that man with a smile on her face. 

An action that made Luhan know that the girl like the flower.

 

And held your hand

 

Seconds later, The man got up from his seat, walked toward that girl’s seat and stretched out his hands to that girl, as if he was asking her to get up. She grabbed his hands then got up from her seat.

That couple was walking side by side with their hands interwined together toward Luhan’s direction. They swung their interwined hands slowly then suddenly that man brought their hands to near his lips that kissed that girl’s palm, making the girls smile in happiness.

Luhan heard little laughter from the girl as he could see that man was saying something that made that girl laugh.

 

“Why does it have to be so cold, today?”Luhan could hear his girlfriend murmuring with an annoyed expression. Luhan had an urge to laugh as he could see that girl’s nose and cheek were starting to get red.

“Why you don’t bring your gloves, silly?” Luhan asked as he walked beside her. “I forgot to put it in my bag.” She murmured while she was rubbing her hands together. Luhan turned his head and chuckled as he found his girlfriend who was trying to warm her body.

Luhan stopped his pace then grabbed her cold hands, making that girl looked at him with a clueless expression on her face. He rubbed his hands around her hands then blew on it, trying to warm her cold hands while the girl was stunned by his action.

After rubbing his hands, he put her hands in his coat pocket then looked at her, “Better?”

 

Should’ve give you all my hours

When I had the chance

 

“Oppa, are you not going to your office? You don’t have to walk me to my office you know, I know this week is the busy week for you.” Luhan could hear that girl’s voice as the couple stepped closer to his direction.

“You don’t have to wory. I can ask my secretary just to re-schedule it.” That man asnwered in noncahantly tone. “Thank you, oppa.” She beamed.

“Anything for my baby girl.” That man said that pinched her cheeks, earning a slap on his upper arms while that man just laughed at that girl’s behavior. “And by the way oppa, don’t forget tonight’s dinner, okay?” The girl turned her head to looked at him.

 

The  sound of keyboard being ticked was echoed in that dim-lighted room, accompanying a man who was looking at his laptop wih a serious expression plastered on his face. A sigh was escaped from his lips as he started feeling tired then pinched the bridge of his nose.

He looked at a paper that next to his laptop then turned his attention to his laptop again. He leaned his back on that big chair and closed his eyes, trying to shake off the fatigue in his body.

Not long after a sound of  clock beeped was heard, indicating that it was already midnight.  He rubbed his face then looked at his cellphone. A frown was plastered on his face as he could see that there are so many miscall from a person.

And suddenly realization hit him.

He was supposed to meet his girlfriend at their favorite restaurant for having dinner together but that dinner appointment was just slipped from his mind. He stood up from his chair then grabbed his car keys and coat immediately, not caring about his work anymore.

Along the way to the restaurant, he just hoped that she won’t be there anymore. They supposed to meet at seven pm and now it was already midnight. Luhan hit the wheel as he cursed at himself for forgetting that appoinment.

After ten minutes ride, his white porsche pulled over in front of that white building, making the car’s brake screaming protest. He climbed down from his car then stepped into the building.

As he entered the building, he turned his head around, looking for his girlfriend frantically. That man let out a sigh of relieved as he found the girl was waiting for him at the corner of the restaurant.

He walked toward her as he tried to controlling his breath, “Eunhye.”

The called girl turned her face and found Luhan was walking toward her then a little smile was seen on her face, “Oppa you came.”

 

“I won’t forget it, my lady.” He promised, making the girl smiled.  The girl leaned her head on his upper arms as they walked past Luhan.

Luhan who was observing that couple quitely let out a sigh then continued to walking to his destination.

 

My pride, my ego,and my selfish ways

 

Luhan looked around his surrounding, observing Seoul’s today atmosphere. People walked passing each other, without caring about the others and just leading their own busy life. He stopped his pace as he was already beside the traffic light, waiting it to showing its green people symbol.

He turned around as he heard such a commotion not far from his andfound a couple who were talking in such a loud voice. Without further observation, Luhan knew that couple were having their quarrel.

 

A sound of car door being closed was echoed through that building’s basement, followed by the sound of foot steps. “I’m sorry Tae, but i’ve already told Mr. Oh that I can not attend it.” A girl in her work suit said with her cellphone was put near her ear.

She continued walking, entered that high building while hearing what the person from the other line said. She stopped in front of the elevator and pressed its button. Not long after the elevator door was opened and she stepped into the machine.

A sigh was escaped from his thin pink lips, “I know that,Tae.”

As the elevator door opened, indicating that she was already on the floor which she headed, she immediately got out from the machine and walked again.

After walking awhile, Her steps were stopped as she was already in front of a unit that very familiar to her.

“I’ve already promised Luhan. We’ll go to visit their parents in Beijing tomorrow. Besides it’s alright, Tae. There will be a next chance for me though. Don’t wory.” She told the person from the other line as she punched that unit’s passcode. “Alright.Good luck then. Bye.” She put away her phone from her ear then stepped into that unit.

As she stepped into the apartment’s unit, she was greeted by silence, making her wonder if the apartment’s owner was there or not. “Han?” She called as she looked around. She walked around and found the owner was in his room,with a laptop in front of him.

A frown was seen on her pale face, “Han?”

“Hmm?” Luhan answered without shifting away his attention from his laptop. “Have you  already finished packing your things, Han?”

Luhan shifted his attention away from his laptop with a troubled expression and looked at her, “Umm.. about that,”

Eunhye just looked at him, anticipating what would he say. “I think, we cannot go to Beijing tomorrow.” He said as he stood up from his seat and walked toward her. “What?” She whispered. He stopped his steps as he was already in front of her and placed his hands around her upper arms.

“There is a conference tomorrow and i have to attend it, so i think we have to move it to next month.” He explained in a soft tone. She let his arm go and looked at him with a frown plastered on her face. “Cancel it? You have already told your parents that you will visit them tomorrow, can you just not attend that event and let Minseok oppa attend that event, Han? Tomorrow is your mother’s birthday.”

“I have already told my parents about it yesterday. And they said it’s fine.” Luhan reasoned. “You have already told them yesterday yet you just tell me about this now?!” She balked at him.

“I want to tell you yesterday but-“

“Yesterday we saw each other! I even declined my boss’ offer to handle an important event because i’ve already promised you, Han. Why can you just let Minseok oppa attend that event with your co-workers?!”

“It’s an important conference for the company, Hye,” He retorted back. “Besides, no one asked you to choose our trip to Beijing over your work, Hye!”he scoffed.

She felt like her jaw was hanging and looked at him in disbelief, She just sacrificed her work for his family yet he talked to her like that?

“Oh My God, Han.You are unbelievable!”

 

Caused a good strong woman like you to walk out my life

Now I never, never get to clean up the mess I made

 

He shifted his attention away from that quarreling couple with a sigh escaped from his lips. He looked at his shoes and tapped his feet impatiently, wondering why the trafic light hasn’t show its green people symbol yet.  

He looked up and his eyes rested on a woman who was waiting across the street with a blank yet depressed expression plastered on her face. Luhan froze at his place as his eyes rested on that woman.

 

“Where are you?” He asked to the person on the other line as he tried to not bumping with people who were walking past him.

“I’m already out from my office. You really took a long time so i decided to go home by my self.”

Luhan let out a sigh then fastened his pace, “Why didn’t you just wait for me?”

“I’m sorry. I really want to go home immediately, besides i can manage to g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter