Right Direction - 1

Right Direction
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I liked having you around, I wonder if it's the same with you...

I yearned for that fluttering butterflies, that churning, twisting, too hard to figure out happenings in my stomach, I wonder if you anticipated them too...

I liked having you around, I wonder if you felt the same way too...I loved being in love, I wonder if you did too...

I liked having you around, I ponder if you had the same thoughts too...I welcomed all these feelings, I wonder if you did too...

 

- - - - - -

It has been five years since the last time Taeyeon saw Jessica. Five long years of avoiding Jessica, well she tried her best to, but avoidance never gave her the assurance of forgetting the girl and the feelings. From the very start she knew avoidance was never the solution, but Taeyeon knows no other way out.

Jessica Jung, a girl part of her circle of friends in her basic education life. The silent, passive and bored girl but with an equally sharp tongue that speaks of the harshest words and with perfectly shaped eyebrows. Taeyeon was never really close with her as much as she was with the others, she wanted to but she never had the courage to approach her in a really friendly manner the least without getting her tongue tied and becoming a stuttering mess. A coward, she was, she still is and probably will always be.

Including the five years they were apart, Taeyeon had known Jessica for twelve long years. A total of seven years of being schoolmates and being in a group of friends together. Two years of being seatmates when she transferred in her school from California back in grade school, two years of serious denial of her crushing on the ice princess before admitting she had fallen for the Jung, that left Taeyeon being in a helpless one sided, secret love for Jessica that went the rest of their high school life. She is one chicken ever since before she finally took a shaking step to confess a week after their graduation only to be turned down, she was not even offered any consolation at all, for the Jung did not even know what to tell her but a meek 'sorry'.

Jessica was dating Yuri for a week then, Taeyeon was a week too late...

When she found out and college was about to happen she decided it was the perfect excuse to stay away, move abroad- and partly because the almighty Kim Taeyeon, was the biggest chicken who don't know how to face Jessica after the failed confession.

After the thousand and one failed attempts for a decent confession, Taeyeon five years ago was a week too late.

 

- - - - - - -

With hesitations and a really scary Tiffany Hwang with an equally scary threat the said girl had poking her , Taeyeon was left with no choice but to book the earliest flight back to Korea, board the plane with an empty stomach and Tiffany's voice ringing in her head demanding her to show up.

 

Taeyeon just finished her business course in LA four months ago and was actually hired soon after in one of the biggest hotel chains in the continent and the globe where she also had her internship and now she's an operations supervisor. For someone who is a fresh graduate, Taeyeon bagged the position thanks to her all excellent credits in University and doing an excellent job in her intern days.

She's doing really good, more working time, lesser time to think of her unrequited love; but it was short lived when Tiffany called the other day demanding her appearance on her engagement party happening two days from today and to also mark her calendar a year from now of her wedding date.

Tiffany's demand means stepping foot in Korea, attending to all her events, and that also means she'll be seeing Jessica, and of course Yuri. Jessica and Yuri together.

Taeyeon wonders if the two are still together. After she left, she cut all ties with everyone, except her family. It was not three and a half years later before Tiffany, her best friend found a way to reach her, she received one hell of a call that lasted for hours from the latter, saying how stupid, worthless, pathetic and all other negative adjectives that could describe her as a friend. The drama did not end there and she was actually glad when Tiffany started sniffing on the other line, meaning she's started to cry and not long after Tiffany Hwang Miyoung told her how much she had missed her and her lips broke into a splitting grin the latter could imagine, but of course she still owe Tiffany so much and the younger asked her to make up for it.

Taeyeon tries to feel comfortable in her seat, wanting to sleep for she still has a couple more hours to wait before the plane lands. She spent all her time thinking of the offer for her to be the bilingual administrative assistant in their hotel's newly opened branch in Korea, and thinking of her best friend actually made her consider it, but not until Jessica crossed her mind.

Taeyeon requested for a week long leave to go home to Korea, for Tiffany's engagement, but after the management found out she's off to Korea, instead of having a week long leave, the company decided that she will do a branch visit in their Korea branch, while at it, of course Taeyeon will have so much free time to go places and meet people. All she has to do is see how the hotel is going, and the offer of transferring her to Korea still stands.

So she left her thoughts stopping there, decision to return and stay or to continue her life in LA hanging around as she slowly drift off to slumber while her dream that was of her past is starting.

 

------

Taeyeon fidgets in her seat, there's only three days left before prom and she still has no date. Not that no one's asking her but because she wanted to ask someone else, the problem is, she can't find the courage to approach the person. She had everything planned out how to ask Jessica to go to prom with her months ago, but until now she can't even make a step towards the girl's direction. 

Taeyeon sighs deeply, crouching on her seat as she stare at her classmates in groups or by pairs, discussing stuffs or gossiping, no classes as there was a sudden Teachers meeting the principal called for so the students are free to do whatever they want inside the classroom, and mostly its gossiping and pranks here and there. She could join her friends by the corner fooling around and be really loud, but now's definitely not the time.

She saw Leetuek, her friend from the other class by their classroom door asking one of her classmate who is near him. Her classmate pointed at her direction and Leeteuk bowed to her classmate before he made his way towards her.

"Hey Tae." Leeteuk greeted, when he is finally standing in front of Taeyeon.

Taeyeon looked up to her friend and offered him a smile. "Hey, teuk. Looking for me, are you?"

Taeyeon noticed how Leetuek's eyes are looking at anything but her and how he is nervously rubbing his nape. And she has an idea of what he came for.

Leeteuk tried to chuckle before answering. "Heh- well I... ah. I uhm wonder if you already have a date for the prom? If you still have none, since we're friends and all, I wonder if you'd like to go with me instead?" And Leetuek again tries to fake a chuckle to reduce the awkwardness.

Taeyeon on the other hand don't know how to answer her friend. She had no problem turning other guys and girls down, but Leeteuk is a really dear friend. 

The awkward moment was cut-off when Taeyeon's best friend Tiffany came out of nowhere squealing and running towards Taeyeon, tugging on Taeyeon's sleeve when she reached her.

Tiffany is speaking on a four words per minute speed with her really loud voice Taeyeon could never get used to, so she did not catch anything. 

"Fany, breathe and talk slowly, I'm not understanding anything you say."

Tiffany paused in mid sentence with in o shape that Taeyeon could not help but giggle at her adorable friend. "Oh, sorry I'm just excited!" Tiffany is trying not to squeal this time, she breathed before starting to talk in a much slower phase this time.

"Well, I was at the canteen earlier, grabbing a snack with Jessi. I was just telling her about how hot Nichkhun was at football practice the other day when..." Tiffany stopped in mid sentence again blushing, her cheeks turning deep red and started fanning her face. Taeyeon had her eyebrows meeting in a frown, Leetuek who was standing right beside them long forgotten. In her peripheral vision, she saw Jessica went in their room, going towards her sit which is two rows away in front of hers. Like magnet her eyes followed the latter.

"Tae-tae you're not listening! "

Taeyeon snapped out her daze as she return her attention to Tiffany. "Huh? Come again, sorry I didn't catch that Fany."

"Aish! Pay attention Taeyeon. I said, Nichkhun approached us and asked me to be his prom date! Well not just him, it was actually Taecyeon who did because he wanted to ask Jessica, then Nichkhun followed suit and of course I said yes to him! Jessica also agreed to go with Taecyeon! It'll be like a bff double date, don't you think?...."

Tiffany was talking more but everything fell to deaf ears as Taeyeon felt her heart sank after knowing Jessica has a date already. Tiffany was telling Taeyeon details when she noticed how the latter was on a daze again so she snapped her fingers in front of Taeyeon's face, succes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter