Chapter One

A Devil Beside Me

Standing in front on XiuMin who was busy eating.Not sure if SungMi should ask him or not. 

"Xi-XiuMin-shii..?" XiuMin glared at her. "What?" He simply reply.

SungMi frown. "Can you help me with my homework?" XiuMin rolled his eyes. "Can't you see I'm busy eating?"SungMi bow.

"Sorry." SungMi walks away and XiuMin continue his dinner.

SungMi sat in her room as she opens her math book studying and reviewing one problem to another. SungMi suddenly got distracted by her parent's photo.

SungMi grabbed the picture frame and took a good look at it. 

"How are you umma, appa? Are you two eating well? Are you two still watching over your little SungMi-ah?" SungMi's voice cracked as tears starts pouring.

"SungMi don't have anyone else but uncle only. SungMi wants someone to love and protect her too."SungMi shaky voice stated as she wipes her tears away. 

It was a rainy night, her room was very quiet so you can hear the wind and the rain drops pouring onto her windows. SungMi's room was next door to XiuMin's so it was easy for SungMi to hear if XiuMin is singing or not. 

There was no one home since both Mr. and Mrs. Kim were on business trip alot. So the two were usually home alone.

SungMi close her math book as she peeks out her door everything was quiet. "He must have went to his room." She thought and sneak out into the livingroom."What are you doing?" A cold voice roar bnehind her causing her to scream.

"You scared me." SungMi sigh in relief and XiuMin didn't flinch at all with his cold glared.

SungMi walks into the kitchen to grab some water and XiuMin watch all her actions. "I'll be going now. Goodnight." SungMi smile sheepilessly running up the stairs into her room. Leaning against the door she place a hand on her chest breathing heavenly. "He makes me so nervous." 

-

XiuMin sigh walking back to his room. "What's with her." He thought and sat on his bed as he starts to read.

Suddenly something flash into his mind.

"XiuMin oppa don't forget our promise to meet at the Han River once I return same day same time." XiuMin smile as he nodded his head. "I won't forget!" He yelled. 

"Are you really coming back? Its been a year and a half." XiuMin thought closing the book and went to sleep.

 


 

The next day finally arrived. SungMi woke up early to cook food for herself and XiuMin for later. Once she was ready XiuMin walk down the stairs and SungMi handed him a lunch box. 

"Take this so you won't starved later." XiuMin rolled his eyes and walk off. 

SungMin follow behind closing the door. "Wait for me XiuMin-shii." SungMi tries to catch up to him.

"XiuMin gege." A boy yelled. SungMi and XiuMin both turned around. "Luge." XiuMin waved. "Oh, hello SungMi-ah." SungMi smile. 

"Luhan oppa goodmorning." Luhan stood beside SungMi and patted her head. "Baozi isn't taking your food again?" Luhan asked, SungMi smile and shook her head.

XiuMin watch the two talk feeling a bit left out he grabs the lunch box to catch SungMi's attentions. "Of course not." XiuMin smirked and walk away.

SungMi and Luhan decided to follow behind chitchatting."So how did your math homework go?" SungMi pouted.

"Its really hard, You have to come and tutor me Luhan oppa." Luhan smile. "Okay I don't mind being your tutor." XiuMin stops walking. 

"Luhan-ah no matter how hard you teach her. It won't go inside her brain." XiuMin said and SungMi frown. 

Luhan chuckle and shook his head. "Don't worry I'll teach you, XiuMin can just watch us study together." SungMi looks toward XiuMin who's face was annoyed by the scene in front of him.

No matter how harsh or mean you are, I can always see the sweet and innocent side of you. But will you ever change as time goes by?

SungMi thought to herself.