Prince Kai

The Perks Of Being A Royal
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Today is just a normal day for the almighty prince of the west, Prince Jongin, or often known as Prince Kai.

 

He was again in his quarters, reading his 596th book, The Art of War. An old Chinese literature that was attributed to a Chinese literate named Sunzi.

 

Throughout the half of the day, all he did is read, read, read, and write a poem. Can you imagine how boring his life was? Maybe for him, reading books, writing poems and stories aren't boring. But if we come to think of it, his life is boring. He won't try those things a manly boy would do, something like hunting, riding a horse, wandering around the city, playing with his cousins, engaging in swordplay, oh wait. He can't even hold a sword properly and when he tried, he ends up dropping it on his foot.

 

The king and the queen were worried of him. They were worried that he might die on depression the time he runs out of books to read. That he might die because he's so dull and everything seems uninteresting for him and everything is just boring so he just decided to kill himself.

 

Every single day, the king and the queen never forgets to check up on their only son if he's still breathing or if he's still alive. They had also tried dragging him out of his quarters but he's really stubborn. His head is harder than any metal.

 

"Kai hyuuuuuung~" The boy named Sehun whose happened to be his youngest cousin, cooed as soon as he got inside the Crown Prince's quarters along with the other princes: Suho, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Kyungsoo.

 

"Don't disturb me." Kai frowned, as he continued reading his book. "Seriously, Kai. You need to go out and feel the sunlight." Kyungsoo sighed but Kai ignored them.

 

"Yeah Kai. You should have some fun." Suho added. "Reading is fun." Kai snorted, glaring at his cousins.

 

Sehun scoffed and made a disgusted face, "Reading is fun? Oh man, you've gotta’ be kidding me. I still haven't finished the book you gave me a year ago."

 

Kai rolled his eyes, "If you guys have nothing do in here, please leave immediately."

 

"Actually we have something in our mind." Baekhyun said with a big grin. Kai furrowed his eyebrows. Everyone wiggled their eyebrows teasingly while Kai was confused.

 

Then Sehun smiled creepily and immediately took the book he was reading and ran off the quarters while laughing.

 

The maids attending the quarter were quite shocked because of the sudden ruckus the princes made.

 

The prince's eyes widened in horror, "YAH YOU PEASANT!" He hollered and stood up to follow him but Chanyeol blocked his way, "Not so fast Kaiii~" He giggled with his very deep voice.

 

"What in this world are you guys doing?" Kai hissed under his breath. "ALL OF YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DO THIS KIND OF CREDULOUS ACTION TOWARDS ME, THE ROYAL CROWN PRINCE." He emphasized as Chanyeol wasn't even scared and instead he just grinned.

 

Suho walked in front of him, holding a scroll with a big smug grin and Kai's brows furrowed.

 

Suho gave him the royal scroll and stepped back, putting his hands behind his back.

 

Kai opened the scroll and read the contents out loud.

 

Royal Decree:

 

As the King and the ruler of this land, I'm hereby to ban Crown Prince Jongin from touching any books for the exact 5 months. As he will be the next ruler of this land, he needs to learn sword and combat fighting as he can use it in the near future. He needs to go out and see what does the commoners or normal people looks lik

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter