TLBC

The Legend of the Black Cat

 

 

The Legend of the Black Cat

 

 


 

 

          Long time ago, in a secluded village called Layreigh, lived a boy named Hyukjae. He, despite at his young age, became one of the town’s most wanted thief. He was seven when he started snatching stuff from the villagers, and he hasn’t caught since then. Now he was 12 years old.

 

            He and his father, Leeteuk, live outskirts of town; because there’s no way they could live inside with the guards and people searching for them. It’s been a part of their everyday life to chase and be chased; and Hyukjae wasn’t really complaining.

 

            Not when stealing other’s items is the only thing that keeps them alive from hunger.

 

            One day, his father asked him to pick some shrubs in the forest, because his brother – Kyuhyun – was sick and he needed herbal medicine.

 

            “No stealing from the people there; they might be dangerous because we don’t know what they are. Unlike the people from the village.” his father warned. The boy nodded and went his way.

 

            The walk from their house to the forest took him almost an hour. As soon as he got inside, he started looking for the plant his father needed. “Hmm… I think he told me about something with blue flowers on it.” he mumbled as he eyed every plant that appeared in his way.

 

            As he approached a big tree which can be seen from his spot, he saw someone sitting beside the stream not far away from him. It was a little girl; her white dress that flows down her knees was slightly tattered, and her silk-blonde hair was done with a pigtail. He looked around, expect to find a house, but saw nothing but trees and bushes.

 

            He walked near her, but stopped when he saw a pouch at the back of the girl. He almost squeaked when he saw gold peeking at the hole of the pouch. The boy thought for a while, and he soon found himself slowly tiptoeing, ready to snatch the girl’s pouch as fast as possible. He almost did, but the girl turns around with sapphire-blue eyes. Shocked, he started running away, but the girl was able to grab his wrist.

 

            “You child, are going to pay for trying to snatch my precious pouch from me.”

 

            In a blink of an eye, he saw black dust circling around him. And he heard the little girl muttered:

 

            “I curse this boy, to be avoided by everyone in his sight; being lone his mere appearance. In water, he should be scared; for I, Donghae, goddess of water, should drown him at any moment he step foot on my territory!”

 

            With that, he felt his body slowly shrinking, and then he lost consciousness.

 

            - - -

 

            Hours later, Leeteuk found a black creature lying beside the stream in the middle of the forest.

 

 

 


 

 

Very short, isn't it?

Well, for those who will be curious, the original name for the little boy thief was Rhogen (Hyukjae), the father Alesandros (Leeteuk), his brother was Erald (Kyuhyun) and the goddess was named Yselenica (Donghae).

 

(I mean, come on, you wouldn't mind Donghae being a goddess of water, won't you? XD)

 

Comment, Subscribe and Upvote if you like! ^^