One (1)

4 + 1 ( I love you )
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Winter always believed that everyone has a chance meeting their soulmates. To some, they become romantic relationship, and then to some, they just become pure platonic. 

 

Well, Karina and her? Nasa platonic relationship lang siguro, but she's been hopelessly wishing and begging to be more. 

 

"Win, sama ka mamaya?" Karina asked, pulling Winter out from her usual tendency of staring ahead blankly. They're now walking through the hallway palabas ng gate ng campus while Karina's magnetic arm was around Winter's waist.

 

"You know that I don't like going out. Kayo na lang, pass muna ako." The younger one answered. She's a homebody. She would rather spend her free time alone in her room with her books than do anything at all.

 

If it's not because of the effort of her friends to drag her, you will never see her shadow. Don't get her wrong, she loves her friends but spending too much time socializing is draining her. 

 

Karina pouted. "Sige na, please. Ilang weeks ka na kayang di lumalabas ng apartment. What if malasing ako? Sinong mag-aalaga sa'kin? Sabado naman bukas, wala tayong pasok pareho." Ilang beses na rin naman gumana ang pagpapa-cute niyang ganito sa kaibigan, but Winter is practicing her self-control nowadays. Yes, self-control. Kailangan niya na talagang ma-control ang sarili to not always say 'Yes' pagdating kay Karina.

 

"Malaki ka na." Pang-aasar ni Winter pero nakailang lunok pa siya ng laway so she can say it without stuttering or even taking her words back.

 

"Grabe! 'Di mo talaga ako love, 'no? Ganyan ka eh." Sagot naman ni Karina at inirapan ang isa. She even removed her arm from Winter's waist, feigning hurt. She's that dramatic. Everyone knows and she's not ashamed about it. She would even show it in every chance she gets.

 

Kung alam mo lang. Winter just smiled cause she knew it won't change a thing. Or it will change whatever they have right now, and she's not ready for it.

•••

 

"You know what, Rina, let Winter breathe kaya. You're here nga but you might as well go home na lang if you can't spend an hour without following Win around." G pointed out when she noticed that her friend was glued to her phone.

 

"She's not texting me back." Karina answered without looking up from her phone. 

 

"Win doesn't reply naman talaga." Ningning joined in. "Swerte mo na lang kapag nagreply siya within an hour."

 

"Nababasa naman niya 'yan. Di ka pa ba sanay?" Si Ryujin naman ngayon ang sumagot. "Buti nga one hour sa'yo Ning, umabot ng two weeks sa'kin. Tapos may 'slr' pa 'yan sa dulo." Tumawa naman ang lahat, of course, except Karina who doesn't find it funny at all. 

 

"Hay naku. Di naman kasi kayo si Rina. You won't get her misery." Sita ni Yeji sa mga kaibigan. They heard Karina's soft 'exactly'. "Ilang hours na ba siyang di nagrereply? Tulog na siguro, 11:30 na rin naman." Baling naman nito kay Karina. 

 

"30 minutes." Karina replied, sulking. Nagkatinginan na lang ang magbabarkada and shrugged. "Di naman siya nag-good night. Baka masama pakiramdam niya? Uwi na lang kaya ako?"

 

Chaeryeong rolled her eyes. "Hep! Stop! You're over reacting na. Ilang weeks na tayong di nakakalabas, Rina. Deserved natin malasing."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter